Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RP: after the tomb of forbidden knowledge (Read 1239 times)
elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

RP: after the tomb of forbidden knowledge
Aug 3rd, 2010 at 2:26am

...or whatever it was called.

So we get back to the surface and say goodbye to the sphinx guy (no disrespect intended but he had a complicated name that I can't remember) and we're back on the hill, with rotting bodies of cultists in purple robes.

Despite the smell, Luke checks the bodies for anything interesting.  (I assume Ladron will be looting too.)  After finding whatever there is to find, we get away upwind of the smell.

Luke starts talking; he sounds weirded out and stressed and embarrassed.  "Damn, what the hell happened back there?  It was like a dream . . . actually, it was like a hell of a lot worse than a dream.  I was standing there, realizing I'd just made the worst possible move and there was nothing I could do about it because my feet wouldn't move off the stone.  And so no matter what I did next, we were all about to get trapped in that green orb.

"So, basically, words can't express how bad I fu-ked up back there.  As much as I like you guys, being stuck in there for hundreds of years or however long would have been a fate way worse than death.

"So Brenna, I guess that means I owe you more than my life for getting us all out of there.  I have no idea what I'm going to do about that.  You took a huge weight off my shoulders.  Tell me if I can ever do anything to repay you."

Luke pulls from his pack a half-empty bottle of Bugman's Black Label, well-known to dwarves as a cheap but strong dwarven-made spirit, distilled underground from various mushrooms.  He takes a swig and offers it around. "Anyone else need something to clear your head after that craziness?"

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Re: RP: after the tomb of forbidden knowledge
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2010 at 9:19am

Ladron takes the bottle.

"Totally man I need it.  I hate being caught somewhere without locks.  I mean that's cheating, right?  I can sneak a set of picks in between my toes if I have to.  If the guards don't find it then it's thier fault I got out.  That's how it goes, fair's fair.  Wizards man, they cheat.  Impregnible globe, come on.  If I find the guy who designed that thing, I'm gonna write dirty jokes on every page of his spellbook. And another thing, once again we've risked our lives and we're still poor.  We've gotta re-examine our priorities man.  I know you gotta do this thing with the undead dragon thingy, but how about we stop by this other place that the golden tiger with the guy's face told us about.  And another thing, he was kind of a jerk.  I mean there we are, all rescuing him and stuff and he goes and attacks ME!  How is it that they always go after me anyway?  You're about ten feet tall and carry a six foot sword, but the little guy with the knife, now he must be a threat.  And another thing, next town we go through, I have to buy me a sword.  Something with a little extra zing if possible, but I'll take plain steel.  The whole blend in and look harmless but have a hidden dagger thing hasn't gotten me very far.  Which comes back around to WE DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY.  I just ransacked through twenty dead guys.  It's not like I haven't done it before, one time I took the boots off a dead gnoll.  It's just that there's no challange, the point of being a thief is doing all kinds of thievy stuff, you know, on living people that you might have to run away from while they call the city watch.  It's all about the challange versus the payoff, which once again brings me back to WE DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY.  I need a drink."

Ladron takes a pull on the bottle and passes it back.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2010 at 5:43pm

Brenna, about to take a swig from the bottle is almost taken aback at Ladron's outburst but waits until he is done and takes a good long pull from the bottle.

"Naa too bad.  I could brew you sum'tin thaat would make yer toes curl.  That's fer sure!  Fine drink though, I appreciate it nonetheless.  As fer your life.  Let's get you that sword, kill that undead thing and we call it even."  She says smiling.

IP Logged

GlenC
Townfolk

me.

Westbank
Reply #3 - Aug 4th, 2010 at 3:14am

Silvarian waits as the others pick through the dead remains that were spread out around the hill.  His eyes looking to the sky for a moment before pulling away and training themselves at the nearby, and broken, village.  A small sigh passes through his lips before his attention is pulled away, back to the ranting short one.

" I thank you all for helping me free the spirit of the Crane Clan.  I am sure this will bring good fortune to their people." He said as he dusts himself off abit.

Silvarian takes in a deep breath, holding it for a moment before letting it go.  Fresh air again, what a wonderful thing.  Speaking to the lot of them, he says, "I also believe that this all happened for a reason.  The ancient spirit that guided me here... It was for this very reason.  To find you.  And if you wish to also find and destory the evil that is plaguing the lands, it would be a honor to to join you."
Pausing for a moment, his eyes fall upon Ladron before speaking once more.  "That is if the Ladron wouldn't mind me helping him find this treasure he is so excited about."  A slight smirk begins to appear.  " I believe if this place is along the way, we should take a look at what is there."

vastorytotellv  
IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

Flee the mighty water-bear.

New Orleans
Reply #4 - Aug 4th, 2010 at 5:46pm

Thir takes a swig from Luke's bottle, as much to relax his nerves at dealing with a celestial being as to clear the smell of decomposing flesh from his nose.  He says to the party, "I love a good pile of gold as much as the next dwarf, but I think it should wait until we have retrieved this sword that Luke believes will aid in destroying this undead dragon.  We'll certainly have need of gold then, if we mean to lay siege to it.  As for myself, I would be more interested in what lays hidden in a city sunken millennia ago.  Much would have been lost there, in knowledge and treasure."  Thir's eyes seem to light up a bit as he thinks about this.

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #5 - Aug 4th, 2010 at 11:49pm

Ladron pipes up, exited that Silvarian had acknowledged that maybe he had a good idea, one of the first times that someone had.

"Hold on, I mean, shouldn't it depend on where it is? What if it's right nearby and it'll be easier to chase that than go all the way to the sunken city?  What if we need to buy all kinds of specialized stuff to help us explore the sunken city, I mean it IS sunken after all, and I went and left my gills in Brix, so naturally we may have to bribe a magic-user to help us out in that regard, and honey works better than...better than... uhhh, it's easier to pay him than threaten to stick him him with a pointy object, right?"

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

me.

Reply #6 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 2:03am

Drinking and listening to the others seems to have calmed Luke's nerves a bit.  He says: "I don't think it's supposed to be, like, deep under water.  Just sunken down into the swamp a bit.  Hell, I don't know, maybe we'll end up needing some expensive wizard to do a spell for us, but I'm not going to turn aside and try to get rich just on the off-chance that we'll need a lot of money.

"Did he tell you where this place with all the gold is, exactly?"

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #7 - Aug 7th, 2010 at 10:01pm

"Uhhh, I wasn't exactly paying attention, I was still trying to get images of the insides of his pockets out of my head, but I think he said something about it being around Drake-something or other, ever heard of it?"

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

me.

Reply #8 - Aug 9th, 2010 at 1:28pm

An astute observer might perhaps see what looks like a flicker of recognition on Luke's face at the words "Drake-something or other," but he says nothing.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #9 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 5:23am

((Voice from beyond:

It is interesting to note that the if Lardon takes time to draw his vision anyone familiar with Thronywood or Brix in general (or willing to rp that they do) will recognize the drawing as little-boy mountain. This mountain is about 2 days east of Brix in the heart of the thorny wood (see maps thread reply 2 about 20 across 15 down) Considering that you are a great deal north of that (12+/- days) and heading north it may take an epic amount of convincing. LEt me know which way to prepare and I will advance the time-line suitably for our next session. ))

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

me.

Reply #10 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 7:06am

((With all due respect for the preferences of others, I can't see how there's any way that Luke could be convinced to go to little-boy mountain at the moment.  He's determined to complete the mission and that means going north to the sunken kingdom.))

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #11 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 5:02am

((Brenna is as we all know a very devout cleric of Moradin who has no room for fear nor the evil of an undead Dragon!  I am determined to eliminate the dragon as well but for slightly different reason.))

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print