Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
RP -- after the spider cave (Read 3390 times)
OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Re: RP -- after the spider cave
Reply #30 - Jun 17th, 2010 at 10:32am

Ladron looks a little hurt.
"So you guys are thinking about skipping out on the law, but you don't want my advice? That guy told us to do this instead of jail, and if you all want to skip out, I'm for it, but don't go fooling yourselves that the magistrate guy is gonna be all like,

'Why those pesky kids, I go and give them a second chance to enjoy my town and eat good food and see the sunlight, instead of finding a hole covered by iron bars to throw them in so they can consider thier debt to society and they go and run off. Well, boys will be boys. I'll just forget the whole thing.'

I'll bet it'll sound a little more like,

'Find those scum, teach them a lesson and we'll chain up whatever pieces you bring back. I'll buy the first drink to the one who spots them.'

I mean if you're gonna participate in chicanery, at least be honest about being dishonest."

"By the way, count me in for treaure hoards containing magic swords. If there's an undead dragon around, I'll cut his head off and sell it to the highest bidder!"

IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

Flee the mighty water-bear.

New Orleans
Reply #31 - Jun 17th, 2010 at 2:29pm

Thir gives his input to the conversation: "Hildebrand may be a large city and all, but Krys is where the true knowledge will lie.  Many generations of humans will have passed since the fall of the Kingdom into the marsh.  Few generations of elves will have passed, and I know how they value their history."

"And as much as I disagree with most things that pass a rogue's mouth, I think that we should be as discrete as possible in our departure.  I would not be surprised if a guard detail had been arranged to keep an eye on our famous friend 'Brent' here to make sure he lived up to his arrangement".

IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

Flee the mighty water-bear.

New Orleans
Reply #32 - Jun 17th, 2010 at 3:07pm

hewhorocks wrote on May 24th, 2010 at 8:50pm:
“ If you plan to confront the Awakened one you will need one of the ancient weapons of the order. Travel to the sunken kingdom. The Lord of the watchtower at Redbay was a Paladin of Heironeous from Westhold. Centuries ago when the kingdom sank into the great northern marsh the village was destroyed and all of its inhabitants perished. I can sense the weapon remains in the lost ruins of that town. Only with a weapon such as this can you hope to endure against the Awakened beast.”

hewhorocks wrote on May 31st, 2010 at 6:38pm:
While some popular stories exist regarding the sunken kingdom the Village of Redbay doesn't appear in any that are commonly told. Redbay and its watchtower are likely somewhere in the vast swamp. It is doubtful it was much more than an outpost before those lands fell into the sea.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #33 - Jun 17th, 2010 at 4:04pm

((Well I have no issues with advancing the storyline a fortnight until after "guard duty"  and putting off the skill challenge until you reach Krys. The question would then be "North through the Long forest and along the caravan route or North west across the the Sea of Grass?

Somethings to consider:
hewhorocks wrote on Feb 24th, 2010 at 5:55pm:
One tale of interest is the story of a cowherd who learned from a Sheppard that a caravan master encountered a fire-cloud dragon in the Long wood. Apparently the beast, some 80 hands tall had demanded tribute to pass the woods and then ate the oxen pulling the cart after tribute was dully paid!

The story brought a smile to Aerandis.  80 hands would almost have to  be an ancient  and Ancients would know better than to travel so close to Eytherash'ana and would not settle for Oxen in any case.  20 hands I could believe. Still the Athem’eliat (Green dragon) have not been far enough  west in the woods to harass caravans in a tree’s age.

So theres that.

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #34 - Jun 17th, 2010 at 5:40pm

"If Krys has a better quality of information by all means let us go there.  If you are sure, I will follow your lead.  I have spent a fair amount of time above ground and in the world but have not interacted with so many..." she pauses awkwardly, doing her best to articulate he intention, "Other races than my fellow dwarves.  I am getting used to meeting different people but my knowledge of your cities and way of life is quite different than what I am used to at home.  Perhaps traveling directly to this watchtower may prove the best and most direct route, since this Oracle has given you your path.  The only reason we would seek out more information is about any who might be there to try and stop us, local goblins or Orcs..." she says with a bit of venom.  "If it has been there so long, disturbing the locals may be called for but it is always better to know your enemies.  How far are the tower and Krys from one another?"

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #35 - Jun 17th, 2010 at 6:07pm

"As for the law and serving out our punishment.  The magistrate and his ilk have no respect for true justice nor do they have much honor.  I am completing the terms of "service" by ending this Draocolich by way of a weapon and my new companions.  If the magistrate has no sense to see good being done then he and any who try may challenge my honor at their peril."  Brenna's hand instinctively tightens around the handle of the Mordenkrad and a soft glow emanates from her armor or rather from beneath it.  Her eyes while not aglow are slightly wide and her body is quite tense, despite her sitting on the floor.

Quickly realizing the others again, the glow fades away and apeaking a bit more calmly, further states, "You are correct Ladron that the Magistrate may indeed seek us out in the manner you spoke of, without asking for an explanation.  To cause that one or this city grief by procuring some horses...by any means or to walk out blatantly ignoring our current task, no matter how wrong it was given to us..." she pauses, her face getting redder as she speaks about their sentencing.  "If asked, I will tell them we are working north? of town is it, to deal with a creature that is causing some people problems.  They know of the spiders we defeated, they need not know that the creature is the Dracolich nor that we will not be working in town these next few days.  It is afterall the magistrate who bade us to protect the citizens.  We are doing that in an indirect manner."

Looking at Ladron, she finishes by saying, "Now that is how to speak the truth.  No honor is lost, our oaths will be fulfilled to this city and we may find a powerful weapon to fight with...well Luke will but, well, you understand my meaning.  We should get some rest and talk again once we get on the road."

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Reply #36 - Jun 17th, 2010 at 11:57pm

Luke says: "I have to admit I think Ladron's got a point about not just walking straight out of the city.  I still think the city guards probably wouldn't go to the trouble of tracking us down -- but I'd hate to be wrong, and what if Brent's being watched?  And I don't want to kill or hurt any of them, which might happen if they tracked us down and we had to defend ourselves.  I still feel pretty bad about that guy in the bar -- I was really just trying to smash his face.

"But I don't want to go hide in the woods just to avoid the rest of our guard duty -- besides, they might find us if we did that, too.

"I don't know . . . I see what you're saying too, Brenna, and I know I started this off by saying we should get the hell out of here, but maybe we should just see this guard duty through.

"Anyway, Thir's got a good point about Krys, so I agree we should go there.

"As for how to get there . . . Brent and me were traveling for a while with an elf from the Long Wood, and he um, he mentioned one time that he'd heard news that some dragons were attacking caravans on the route through there.  So I guess that's a reason to maybe not take that route, and go through the Sea of Grass instead.  On the other hand, we are on a mission to fight a dracolich, so maybe we should risk going through the Long Wood and hope any dragons we meet are small enough that we can kill them.  I don't know."

IP Logged

Cowboy
Townfolk

The R.O.U.S.s? I don't
think they exist

West Bank
Reply #37 - Jun 18th, 2010 at 12:24am

"That is true, I could be watched by any number of people. Be it by the city gaurd, the men of Grable or my own father's men. Considering that it may be harder to simply walk out."

Joseph thinks for a moment, "In regards to which path we should take, I say the fastest. The caravan route may have dragons but, although they would be no draco-lich, they will give us good experience in fighting the flying beasts."

http://www.facebook.com/joshua.stelly  
IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #38 - Jun 18th, 2010 at 7:49am

"I say the caravan route. I've already said how I feel about the barbarian plainsmen. People along the route are much more fun, and besides, you said you're not sure where this place is right? Meeting new people and hearing thier stories are a good place to start. The carnivals and caravans hold the real history, libraries are just where some guy who happened to know how to write stored some stuff he heard someone else say. I say go right to the source and ask people about thier myths and legends. A good bard in a traveling company would hold his own against any tome I figure. If you want to know where to find deer dung, find a plainsman. If you want a good legend, find a caravan.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #39 - Jun 18th, 2010 at 9:37am

"So many points of view.  I have learned that the best strategy is the one that will do as many things as possible while still having options within those choices.  So it seems by what has been said, we stay a few more days until our sentence is completed.  I have a few rituals and items that I require before we move forth, while also learning about which caravans and groups are heading in that direction of Krys.  Our duties finished, we can leave without having any issues here and can take our time as we take the road to Krys. 

Also, we might find that guard duty and possibly a foe that would prove useful.  A dragon is nothing to be taken lightly (afterall it's in the name of the game...had to do an Order of the Stick aside...) but I think that we can take on an adult...." she says smiling.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print