Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
RP -- after the spider cave (Read 3387 times)
OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Re: RP -- after the spider cave
Reply #15 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 6:49pm

Ladron looks upbeat at hearing these words, most of the party had noticed that in the last few days, Ladron had been increasingly down.

"Yeah, lets move on.  These people are all poor and stuff, and the guards in town don't want to play cards with me any more, I can't imagine why."

IP Logged

Cowboy
Townfolk

The R.O.U.S.s? I don't
think they exist

West Bank
Reply #16 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 10:11pm

"Yes, that sounds a fine idea. But where do we progress from here? There my be information at my family's personal library on our estate but that may cause problems given the current arms race and my leaving with the family sword."

http://www.facebook.com/joshua.stelly  
IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Reply #17 - Jun 15th, 2010 at 3:28am

Luke: "You really think there'll be anything in there?  Is your family's library that great?

"I figure the best thing might be to head to Krys -- or maybe to Farwatch, but Krys is a lot closer to here.  Anyhow, we go to a city that's close to the sunken kingdom, and we look for information there.  That's where you'd expect to find books, histories, maps, whatever -- people whose families came from the sunken kingdom before it sunk . . . maybe people who know their way around and who could guide us . . . maybe a temple of Heironeous with some old records.  The lord of Redbay was supposed to be a paladin of Heironeous, and this weapon I'm supposed to find was connected with him.

"Now Thir, you've been all around the coast, right?  So if you have any ideas about what to do, let's hear them.  But if not, why don't we just find ourselves a caravan or something going to Krys, and sign up as guards to get a ride there."

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #18 - Jun 15th, 2010 at 6:47am

Brenna, quite far from her homelands, thought she heard of a temple to Moradin in the area and prays silently to Moradin in the hopes he will guide her to it.

"I know nothing of this sunken city nor do I know what books are contained within your family's library.  If we need to find the sword, then let us go there first, I am most certain that Moradin will help to guide us towards that end.  Every warrior knows that his weapon, regardless if it is steel or the mind that the correct one must be selected to win any battle."

"The caravan may seem like a likely choice but then word of our departure or our inquiries will get back to the magistrate and the city that we seek to leave.  I know we will serve our time, despite the heavy handedness with which the law seems to move its weight but I think a quieter departure would be better."

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

me.

Reply #19 - Jun 16th, 2010 at 7:28am

"You might be right.  Don't know how much the magistrate is going to know or care who signs on as a caravan guard leaving town . . . but if we want to leave as quietly as possible, then I guess we just walk straight out of town towards the north and hope to hitch a ride with someone after that.

"The harder question I think is -- Krys, or Farwatch?  I know pretty much bugger-all about either place except what I've seen on a map.  But it looks to me like Krys is closer to here, but Farwatch is closer to the actual sunken kingdom.  With Krys you've got some sort of enchanted elven forest between that and the sunken kingdom, and none of us are elves."

Luke pauses and looks away from the group, hiding emotion.  With a sigh he continues:

"So maybe we go to Farwatch.  The route to there goes through Hilderbrand.  I think Hilderbrand is where most of the traffic from here goes anyway.  We make our way to Farwatch, then we're on the coast fairly near the sunken kingdom, and we try to find an old map or something that can tell us where to go from there.

"I was told to go to a place called Redbay.  By the name of it, it sounds like it should have been on the coast.  Farwatch is on the coast too, Krys is pretty far from it.  So basically, without actually knowing much, I think we should go to Farwatch."

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #20 - Jun 16th, 2010 at 7:56am

Ladron brightens up.
"If you guys want to get out of town quietly, or in a hurry, that's my specialty.  Quietly, we sneak out of the windows of the inn in the middle of the night and make for the woods for at least two days.  Most search parties lose interest after thier last warm meal becomes fertilizer.  If you want a hurry, I could arrange for transport, free of charge.  Don't knock it, riding's easier than walking and it cuts down on the horses available for the posse.  And if you want to come back this way, don't worry, memory and wanted posters fade after a couple months.

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #21 - Jun 16th, 2010 at 7:59am

"No matter where we head though, could we avoid the barbarian lands?  They don't take as much stock in money or material goods (HEATHENS!) and they do tend to get very upset over missing horses."

IP Logged

Cowboy
Townfolk

The R.O.U.S.s? I don't
think they exist

West Bank
Reply #22 - Jun 16th, 2010 at 9:38am

"I beileve heading towards the elves sounds the best plan. Besides, I could learn a bit more about Gregor Venyrth from the elves as he did back them after the dark invasion and lost much because of it."

Joseph thinks for a moment, "But I do not wish to force my own opinions on anyone."

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

me.

Reply #23 - Jun 16th, 2010 at 4:19pm

Luke, looking at Ladron: "Okay, first, I am never going to want a horse from you.  Second, you really think we need to hide out in the woods for two days just to avoid doing a few more days of guard duty after which we'd be free anyway?  Let's just start heading north right after we're done with our shift as guards later today.  They won't know we're gone until next morning, and how much trouble are they actually going to go through to catch us?  It's not like we're escaping from the king's dungeons here."

To Brent and the rest: "I don't want to force my opinions on anyone either.  I'll go whichever way the rest of you think we should go."

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #24 - Jun 16th, 2010 at 7:05pm

Brenna, looking directly at Ladron, says ,"We are not, repeat, not taking/borrowing any transportation.  We will not be sneaking out of any windows either.  When I leave the inn, it will be in front of all to see BUT I am not going to make a spectacle of myself as I do just that, walk out.  Imagine that we leave and the inn keeper or someone notices that we did not in fact, go to work the next day.  Anyone who asked him would say they saw us go up butnever come down.  Too much to notice in such a little place as this.

As for the plainsmen or the elves, I truly am not sure 'bout either of them.  I think Hildebrand be the best way of it, as I am told it is much bigger and would have more information or at least more likely to have more to look at."

She closes the last strap on her backpack, and slinging it over her shoulder, moves around a bit, feeling the weight and making sure it does not unbalance her as she moves.  Satisfied, she takes it off and puts it just a few steps away from the door.

Her Mordenkrad Hammer, almost her height at just over four feet, had a dull shine to it as she secured the length of silk, braided rope to her wrist.  She looks to Ladron and her pack every now and then, wondering if the little cutpurse might be thinking of going through it.  Neverrr she thinks in her head...no thief would mess with a messenger of Moradin, Hells no, they'd no better to mess with a dwarf!  She smiles and listens to the rest of the group talking.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #25 - Jun 16th, 2010 at 7:09pm

"Luke, ummm, where did you hear about this weapon you're supposed to find?  Not doubting you but I seen more than my share of the Fey creatures that would mess with your head if they get the chance...If you had said so before, forgive me for asking you to repeat it to us."

Brenna sits down, pulling her cloak about her, just relaxing & waiting to hear about it.

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

me.

Reply #26 - Jun 16th, 2010 at 9:58pm

Luke: "It's a fair question.  Everything I know about this comes from an Oracle of Heironeous.  She's someone I used to know and trust when I lived in Shattered Bridge.  Then I left and became, I guess, an adventurer.  A while ago I was in Brix and talked to a church official there, and I learned that she had become an Oracle.  Since then, I've seen her a few times -- just a few -- in dreams and visions.  They feel different from regular dreams because . . . well, maybe you'd know what it's like since you're a cleric, though I don't know if Moradin has Oracles or sends you dreams or anything.

"Part of the reason I feel like I can trust these visions, like I'm not just going crazy, is that I have a little bit of a connection to Heironeous myself.  Nowhere near as powerful as you or Thir, but I can do a little healing magic by the grace of Heironeous.  Actually, I used that on Thir the other day, when we were in a tight spot against the spiders.  The point is, I have pretty good reason to believe what I'm seeing.

"And something connected to Heironeous just, I guess, feels different than some spirit trying to trick me.  Or it did last time, anyway.  I was talking to this dryad and I guess it read my mind and showed me a vision that was supposed to look like my old friend who became the Oracle.  And then the real Oracle blasted in there and took over, and it was just . . . not the same thing at all, you know?

"Anyway, I don't really talk about this stuff much, but that's why I'm looking for this weapon."

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #27 - Jun 17th, 2010 at 4:36am

((It occurs to me that folks are very interested in finding out the location of the watchtower before you set off. Which seems fair enough, actually it sounds a lot like a fairly complex skill challenge. Huzzah! Lets us suppose that this is very complex challenge and you can each contemplate which skills you might use to meet the requirements. Each skill roll may require some explanation or even end up including rp and/or sub challenges. I think that we can look forward to this on Saturday to start things off.))

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

Cowboy
Townfolk

The R.O.U.S.s? I don't
think they exist

West Bank
Reply #28 - Jun 17th, 2010 at 6:42am

"I'll go whichever way you wish Luke because as I told you before, you have my sword arm for as long as you have need of it."

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #29 - Jun 17th, 2010 at 10:15am

((Uh, I hate to sound stupid, but, what watchtower? Is there a watchtower in the town or is that where the sword is hidden? Was that somewhere in the posts that I've missed?))

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print