Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Aerandis: Elven Ranger (Read 3580 times)
yle-kay
Adventurer

Flee the mighty water-bear.

New Orleans
Re: Aerandis: Elven Ranger
Reply #30 - Apr 8th, 2010 at 2:32pm

[rp of hybrid conversion]

As Aerandis descends into the base of the great tree, he feels a surge of primal energy.  The connection he feels to his spirit companion becomes something more tangible than the weak link he felt before.  Now he knows that his spirit companion is always nearby and never really departs when he disappears.  As the connection has grown stronger, so has his ability to manifest the spirit badger.  The manifestation, though still incorporeal, is now able to inflict more tangible damage as the spirit matter coalesces into claws and teeth.

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #31 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 9:10am

Dayereth considers the options.

"I think for you, the wounding ability would work best with the prescision of your archery."

Dayereth finds chalk, a knife, mortar and pestle, hammer, chisel, paintbrush and mystic oils from the shelves of the healer's workshop.  He draws a circle on the floor with the chalk, big enough for two people to sit in. He then draws arcane runes around the edges of the circle.

He takes the mortar and pestle and places it on the workbench, and pours in some of the oils, then takes a chisel to the sky-stone and cuts off a precise chunk, adding it to the oils in the mortar and pestle.  He grinds them until they begin to form a thick paste. 

He calls Aerendis to his side.

"I need some of your blood."

He takes the knife and cuts Aerendis carefully first on his right palm, then his left, letting a few drops into the mortar and pestle from each hand. As the last drops fall from Aerendis' left hand, the mixture turns from a dull brown to a bright red.

"That's good, bandage yourself and join me in the circle."

Dayereth takes out his ritual book and reads over the ritual for enchantment.  He then takes the bow and using the paintbrush, forms arcane symbols across the front of the bow with the mixture in the mortar and pestle.  He is careful to use enough for each symbol so that when he is done forming the necessary symbols, he has used all the mixture.

Dayereth then takes the bow and the ritual book into the circle. He hands the bow to Aerendis.

"The bow will gain it's power from your ability, I will act like a conduit, the magical mixture will be the glue.  While I form the ritual, you must concentrate on how you would use the bow, and visualize your enemy being greviously wounded by a deadly shot. No matter what happens, continue to visualize this.  At the end of the ritual, before it's complete, you may name the weapon, if you wish."

Dayereth then begins.  As Aerendis holds the bow in front of him and concentrates, Dayereth chants in the language of magic and make strange motions with his hands over the bow.  As the ritual progresses, the symbols glow with a red light and the air seems to crackle.  The rest of the party can smell ozone and blood in the air.

With a shout, Dayereth ends the chant. The symbols no longer glow, and no longer appear to be painted on the wood, rather they have become part of the wood, as if the wood itself was miscolored in the pattern of the language of arcana.

"The magic is no longer separate from the wood of the bow, it has joined it, but not completely.  For the next five days, whenever you kill with the bow, we will do a shortened version of the ritual.  At the end the characters will become part of the bow and will only be visible when the power of the bow is used. 

You can give the bow a name now, if you wish.  Afterwards, I will bring the ritual to a close."

IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

New Orleans
Re: Starting point. Rp from here..
Reply #32 - Apr 14th, 2010 at 9:40pm

Aerandis takes in a deep breath of fresh air to cleanse the damp smell of mushrooms, rot, and dark places from his lungs.  He feels more at home with the sights here than he has since he started his journey. 

"We certainly don't want to anger a whole forest.  I'm not sure we could escape alive in that case.  Give me a minute to have a better look at what is ahead of us."

Scanning the canopy, he looks for signs of the treetop dwellings typical of the wood-elves from this part of the world.  The dim twilight appears to his eyes as bright as full sun would appear to a human.  As he is looking, he also attempts to get a sense of intent from the forest, using his growing connection to the primal spirit world.  He tries to distinguish areas of dark, malignant intent from those of solely natural intent [perception, speak with spirits].

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #33 - Apr 22nd, 2010 at 5:06pm

While consulting the spirits the dryad appears from a windswept tree growing from the cracks in the side of the cliff face. She seems but a figment of her self, translucent and wispy. Likely she as far from her home tree as her abilities allow.

“You have found the hidden forest which pains me but I am sure you mean to do good. Be cautious when entering the Woad’s realm. While he has clearly gone mad, he is a formidable opponent. Even the forest worm paid the lord of the wood tribute when he arrived.  The worm’s tribute included as much of that star as it could carry. Do not bring the rest of it to the Woad it may only drive him further into madness. I am hopeful that he may yet be redeemed.

The waters of the village have been poisoned with the seeds of a cursed tree. This tree must lie somewhere in the hidden forest. Find this tree and burn it to the ground. The curse may thus be broken. Avoid the woad and the forest-worm whose guile brought this madness to the forest.  The deceiver’s lair is in a cavern by the base of the northern wall where to water falls and exits the forest. The tree is near there. Be wary, while his breath can not harm either my or the woad’s woody minions, it is deadly to those of the flesh."

The wispy figure flows into a knot in the twisted wood and vanishes.

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

New Orleans
Reply #34 - Apr 29th, 2010 at 3:22pm

Aerandis' new theme song:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #35 - May 23rd, 2010 at 3:46am

A heroic end... trying to drag the bodies of his fallen friends to safety.

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print