Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hi folks. Care for a game? (Read 1154 times)
hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Hi folks. Care for a game?
Oct 3rd, 2008 at 9:24pm

Hello.

I'm glad to see this forum is running strong. I'm an old school player how has been playing D&D for...gulp almost 30 years? Yep I date back to the 3 booklets era. Oh how I fondly remember the basic set comming out. In any case I've been DMing campaigns since about 1984. I lost most of my group due to relocations from Katrina and am looking for a set of players willing to step into the 4th eddition with me.  As I have real-world responcibilities I'm looking to take it slow with an every-other week approach with forums for campaign setting and non session involvement. I like character development, and storylines Examples of what I mean @ our group's pre Katrina website forums: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Anyone instrested in giving an old hack another group?   Cheesy

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

Kev
Esplanade
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
MGG
Stark II PC
WhatNot
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Rune Bound
Kallisti GM

Metairie, LA
Re: Hi folks. Care for a game?
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 11:42pm

Heya hewhorocks,

Nice to see another old timer...granted I am not quite as old time. (started playing AD&D 1st back in '85)  Anyway, good to see you found our little dark, spider web filled, corner of the web Smiley.  Our group is toying a bit with D&D4 but have not done much in the way of progressing.  We seemed to have lost the 2 people that tried to get it going.  I decided to give it a serious look see myself and ordered the 3 pack from amazon.

Anyway, welcome to the boards and I'm sure you'll find something going on.

Kev

IP Logged

Ancient Goat
Townfolk

"Old School"

NOLA
Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 12:01am

Hey Rocks,

Good to see some other old schoolers.  We (me, Red Priest, 3 others) are in an old 1st ed. D&D game right now in Lakeview...every other week.  But, sorry, we're not going the 4th edition route...strictly old school.

Welcome!

My life turns into sand...Immortality is my dream...Man shall follow my command...Sorcery shall conquer my fear!

IP Logged

Red Priest
Adventurer

I'm after rebellion; I'll
settle for lies.

Reply #3 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 6:35pm

Hiya hewhorocks,

Welcome aboard.  It's me, frnchqrtr (aka robster) from that old proboards you linked-in.

hewhorocks and I had a couple of gaming philosophy debates on the old board.  Wink

Wasn't Laz (aka Steve) in your game?  

Rob

"Guaranteed by Dr Tarr and Professor Fether"

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #4 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 3:30pm

Rocky,

I sent you a PM.  (Look at the top of the screen where it says you have 1 messages and click on it.)

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #5 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 11:22pm

Yeah. LAZ was a cornerstone of the group. I didnt know him before the game but he seemed to really enjoy it. At the time we were playing at Galactic games on esplanade, I think they moved. Good to see you shaking around! Wink

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print