Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I am not a bot. I am a gamer. (Read 578 times)
Mischa
Townfolk

I play many games.

New Orleans
I am not a bot. I am a gamer.
Sep 29th, 2008 at 6:37am

I play a lot of games and I could talk your ear off about games you've never heard of.

I'm in my early thirties, recently married, less recently back in the city after a 1.5-year Katrina exile. I live uptown, and I'm pretty active on Board Game Geek. I prefer indie RPGs these days and straight up fantasy doesn't hold much appeal. Console and computer games hold limited interest these days, and I currently play more board games than RPGs. Right now, I'm running a full every-other-week games of Unknown Armies and am not playing in any RPGs.

I have virtually zero interest in D&D of any flavor, White Wolf's games, Palladium anything, or RPGs that make use of miniatures.

Games I've played in the last few years and would like to play again:

Cyberpunk
Unknown Armies
In Nomine
Deadlands
Shadowrun
Star Wars
Over The Edge
Dogs in the Vineyard
The Shab-al-hiri Roach
Trail of Cthulhu
Spirit of the Century
Paranoia
Shadow of Yesterday
Primetime Adventures
...and many more.

A few games I've never played but want to:
Full Light, Full Steam
Pandemonium
HOL
Poison'd
In a Wicked Age
1001 Nights
Fastlane
Agon
Dust Devils
...and many others I've never heard of or lie forgotten in a box.

Hopefully that's enough to convince the automated bots that I'm not a different kind of automated bot. Smiley

Mischa

IP Logged

Kifaru
Esplanade
ShadowRun B
Erinian
Kallistier
Dogs of War
Intelligent_Life
oldEsplanade
Enlightened
JustSayNo

Run baby run

Re: I am not a bot. I am a gamer.
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 4:38am

Hey Mischa, welcome to the board.  I'm also in my 30's and recently married.  My wife and I moved into town a few months ago.  I've been pondering starting up a Shadowrun game this winter and am testing the waters for interested players.  Nothing too intense.  I can barely manage to make time for my curent Saturday night group as it is but would like to try to get something else started.  Maybe every other week or something.  If your interested drop me a line. 

Oh by the way, we also live in Uptown.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print