Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
DnD 4th (Read 3632 times)
Jaeger
Townfolk

west bank
Re: DnD 4th
Reply #15 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 6:27am

I have been thinking about this as well.  I plan to individually discuss with everyone a few details about their characters' backgrounds on the forums during the week... nothing too serious, but some details might be important and perhaps some individuals (Dav, heh) might not want all of their background information to be public in the beginning.  I figured I would just send a private message to each of you, but a forum might be better for archiving things that have been discussed.

There is a world, a set of important NPCs, a few interesting plot threads, and even a few potential encounter locations already prepared for when the group wants to run this game, and I am working on expanding all of it and filling it with fluff week by week.  I intend to have adventures prepared to run whether we decide to play 4th edition or not.

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #16 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 3:41pm

I forgot to make the 4.0 area last night.  I will try to remember tonight.

Two oddities.

1.  While space is my favorite genre and GURPS my favorite system I find myself more compelled to learn 4.0 right now.  Not sure why... maybe I just want those ninja video game powers.  Or maybe its because I think Mike could play it.

2.  My 4.0 character has no secrets.  (Yet?)  I think its because I have been focusing on the new job and have spent all the creative energy.

I did remember to pack my 4.0 PH in my work bag so I can read it some during lunch.

IP Logged

SombreNote DM
Stark DM
ShadowRun B
Kallistier
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
WhatNot
Enlightened
Esplanade

The DM

Ann Arbor, MI
Reply #17 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 9:19pm

I am interesting in 4.0 as well, but i am not ready to not think about GURPS. I would like both.

IP Logged

david
Stark II PC
Kallistier
WhatNot

one bad dude, not two

harahan, la
Reply #18 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 12:00am

how about the comfortable medium in the knowledge that the GURPS we started is 4th edition of that system....? being a bigger fan of d&d, i would prefer playing d&d 4ed over GURPS, but i certainly don't want to end our 1-session campaign as just that in GURPS. but maybe it can be the backup it started out as, or we can switch back and forth, or we can all jump off a cliff and look for god. who knows.

WWW woody_two_soul lechgame  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print