Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
openings for D&D 4.0 on the West Bank (Read 3023 times)
Jaeger
Townfolk

west bank
openings for D&D 4.0 on the West Bank
Jun 23rd, 2010 at 1:45am

Hey, I'm running a 4.0 game in Marrero every other Saturday from 1:00ish until 5:30ish.  There are 4 of us right now, but I'd like to have five player characters, so we have two open spots.

The system is young enough right now that I don't feel the need to have a lot of house rules at all.  The game is set in the generic "points of light" D&D setting, with a few personal flourishes.  We've only had two sessions so far, so you'd be getting in at the beginning.

About the group, some of us have played 3.5 and 2.0 and other table top games.  We're relatively experienced with 4.0, except one of us, but he's learning quick.  I don't mind having a player that's new to the system, as long as you are able to learn relatively quickly.  We're all pretty laid back, and I definitely want to keep the dynamic friendly and comfortable.

About me as a DM... I generally try to avoid the big, serious, epic story-lines and stick to more episodic adventures (think more princess bride, less lord of the rings).  Role playing is encouraged.  Combat is inevitable Grin.  I try to make sure the plot includes at least one motivational hook for each PC to feel invested in what is going on and no one feels railroaded.  Character motivation and development and a sense of immersion in the world through recurring NPCs, villains, and settings is what I strive to provide as a DM, as well as fun encounters that are interesting and balanced.  That's what I'm going for.

If you're interested, leave a message here or PM me.  I'll want to meet up with you first and get a sense of who you are and whether you'll fit in with the group, and I'm sure you'll probably want to do the same.

IP Logged

david
Stark II PC
Kallistier
WhatNot

one bad dude, not two

harahan, la
Re: openings for D&D 4.0 on the West Bank
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 11:59pm

I'm already in this game, and if there is a possible candidate whose only reservation is transportation, I am willing to possibly carpool. I live in Harahan, and can get around Metairie, New Orleans, or some other area in between here and Marrero. I don't think I'd go all the way out to Kenner or past New Orleans, but that could be discussed later on if needs arise.

Don't be shy though! Come join us if you want to have fun playing some good ol' 4e D&D!

WWW woody_two_soul lechgame  
IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Re: openings for D&D 4.0 on the West Bank
Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2010 at 1:30am

@Jaeger I posted this on the meetup.com website as well for you, in the hopes you might find the players you need.  I am currently running the meetup group that meets every two weeks, so if you are looking for more players as of the next few weeks, let me know as we have about fifteen D&D players there on most Saturday's every other week.  in fact, there is a D&D miniatures tournament there this weekend, many of the players also play the traditional tabletop game.

FYI, on the off weekends if you don't play.

Galactic Goods Cards & Comics 
343 West Esplanade Avenue
Kenner, LA 70065
504-466-8470

Sean

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print