Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
RP -- after the spider cave (Read 3386 times)
elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

RP -- after the spider cave
Jun 6th, 2010 at 4:24pm

Luke says to Thir: "I'd heard people say the dwarves were the toughest people anywhere, but now I believe everything I've heard.

"That was amazing back there, what you did against the humongous spider.  You had those glowing signs hanging in the air, and they just seemed to take its strength away once everybody started hitting it, or throwing things at it.  Nice shot at the end too, when you broke its head with your hammer.

"Anyway, if you'd be willing to help, me and Brent are looking for a weapon that can help us kill the Dracolich.  I was told about it by an Oracle of Heironeous, which is enough for me to trust that it's really there and it can really do the job.

"I'm going to kill the Dracolich or die trying, and I think if we had a dwarf or two with us" (glancing at Brenna) "we might actually manage to kill it, even though the knights and clerics of Shattered Bridge seem to have failed."

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

me.

Re: RP -- after the spider cave
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2010 at 4:30pm

((Also, OOC, I think my tactics in the big fight yesterday were pretty frickin' terrible.  Not only at the end where I started to run away and forgot my Second Wind.  I should have been taking on the spider queen much earlier in the battle instead of messing around with the smaller spiders.  It would have been harder for her to constantly spray us with webs and poison if I'd had her marked and been hacking at her the whole time.  My bad.  Better decisions next time, I hope.))

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 1:11am

"Hey guys don't count me out!"
Even injured, Ladron's manic personality won't let him shut up.
"I've had worse, this one time, a giant stepped on my head. But luckily I stabbed him in the foot, and still had time to relieve him of a nice gold toe-ring before I rolled away!  That giant spider got in a couple of lucky shots is all. You guys will love having me around.  Besides, I can find all the best girls in town.  Trust me we'll have fun.  Just next time, can we fight something or someone with a little more profit? I'm not saying we have to loot a king's lock-box, but it'd be nice."

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #3 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 1:15am

((As a note, it's a game.  I felt really bad after the tpk, I felt like I kept talking everyone into continuing the fight when we really should have been running away.  Shit happens, besides, I kind of had fun building the new character and it gives me more chances to experience 4ed.  If I was kind of a bastard during the game, I apologize.  In my defence I'd been awake for over 24 hours.  I actually had to stand up to stay awake and kept losing track of what was happening in the combats.))

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #4 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 4:24am

OG wrote on Jun 7th, 2010 at 1:15am:
I actually had to stand up to stay awake 

Well if that's not a ringing endorsement of our game...I imagine new players will be lining up to join us after reading that!

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #5 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 5:31am

Hey, they should know what they're getting into.

IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

Flee the mighty water-bear.

New Orleans
Reply #6 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 4:42pm

Thir responds to Luke, "Aye, Moradin made our fathers out of sturdy stuff, that's for sure.  I'm glad he did, or that venom would of had me on my rear end like some of ye (looking at the halfling).  The runes helped too, I didn't spend my last 15 years chasing them 'round for nothing."

"I'll admit that all of ye seem to have a fair sense of how to fight a battle as well.  I had my doubts about fighting with a half-orc such as yourself (having fought a good number of orcs, ye understand), but ye pulled through in the end.  The halfling even played a good role, distracting the beast while I laid upon it with my grandfather's hammer.  It would have been a noble sacrifice for a rogue, but I'm still glad he survived."

"Now, I'm mightily worried about this dracolich I've heard speak of.  As a matter of fact, I was looking to stop it myself before it could let loose any more evil than it already has, though it would be a mighty sore time for me.  If ye know of a sword that can cut it down, I'll certainly aid ye.  I can't go home with this sort of evil hanging about in the world."

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

me.

Reply #7 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 7:37pm

((Kyle, if you're going to write Thir with a Scottish accent, then I want to hear you speak with a Scottish accent next session!  ... please?

Dave, no apology needed as far as I'm concerned.))

IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

New Orleans
Reply #8 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 8:06pm

((I can try, it might not be pretty though))

IP Logged

Cowboy
Townfolk

The R.O.U.S.s? I don't
think they exist

West Bank
Reply #9 - Jun 8th, 2010 at 2:24am

"I agree with Luke. It would seem all of you are capable. Between the you two dwarves, you with your god's magic and you with your unusual symbols that you call on, and you my small an agile halfling friend, we should make quite the companions."

"That is, should you all care to come with us. There are many miles ahead of us, and many steps before we can confrot the draco-lich."

"But before all this, the past few events have been hectic, what were all your names again?"

http://www.facebook.com/joshua.stelly  
IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #10 - Jun 8th, 2010 at 4:42am

"Aye, Moradin be praised.  When first I stepped into town, I was seeking out the truth of the Dracolich, a creature that few have ever heard of let alone seen in a hundred years but to hear that you, a half-bred, an Orc...have been told by Heironeous that there is a weapon that could help to defeat it…now that’s a sign.  I’ll tell you now that I had my doubts about you Luke.  You looking…” Brenna pauses, not looking at Luke, merely shrugging her shoulder in his direction.  “Well, not human to put it plainly.  I will go with all of you to fight the Dracolich because it represents the evil that I have sworn to destroy and by Moradin and it seems Heironeous as well, we shall find and defeat it.”

“As for you, young one…”  Brenna says looking directly at him, “I see your speed and distracting tactics to be quite effective against any foe.  Raising the ire of that giant spider was not easy, she wanted you dead, no doubting that.  If you could be as distracting to that Dracolich, we’ll be sure to see Moradin’s Fist crushing down upon his spine!”

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

me.

Reply #11 - Jun 8th, 2010 at 7:32am

Luke shrugs.  "I like to think of myself as half-human.  Those are the people that raised me and gave me a home.  That's the part of me that's in charge. . . . Not that humans are so great either, but at least we aren't all monsters."

He turns to Ladron: "You're obviously brave, so if adventuring with us is your idea of fun, then come along.  But I should tell you now, if you ever cut a purse and then try to hide behind me, I'll hand you over to the victim."

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

me.

Reply #12 - Jun 13th, 2010 at 8:17pm

...so we spend a few basically uneventful days doing guard duty on the south side of Holderness.  One morning, Luke shows up, looking like he's been awake for a while and perhaps not entirely sober ((see character thread)), and says to the others:

"Look, I've had enough of this f-king guard duty.  There's a monster out there somewhere, destroying whatever's left of my home town, and we should be out there too, trying to find a way to kill it.  Nobody's really watching us too closely -- we can probably get across the river and away to the north any time we want.  So let's make this our last day as guards, and get on with the real mission.  What do you say?"

IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

New Orleans
Reply #13 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 3:57pm

Thir responds to Luke, "Aye, I've just about lost my patience with this task.  We aren't learning anything here, and that dark power in Shattered Bridge is probably digging in and getting stronger the longer we wait.  Additionally, it demeans my race to act as if I'm beholden to a human and their laws - no offence intended at yourself (he says while looking at Brent)."

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #14 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 5:08pm

Brenna smiles broadly and growls, "Now that sounds like Moradin talking through you by way of Heironeous!  Funny how those two seem to find common ground when it comes to finishing off evil things that seem to plague us!  Normally I would say that we should finish our time here but the number of helpless and now homeless people coming from that area...we've got to help them now.  Magistrate never said two weeks in a row and besides, if we take down this damnable thing we would be serving the town!  I have no problem leaving town now."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print