Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Moving on... (Read 795 times)
hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Moving on...
May 31st, 2010 at 4:52am

Our remaining heroes head out for the Druid's grove to advise Nerisella of the events which transpired.  (Possible injection point) From there our heroes begin travel north to Holderness. Along the way they encounter refugees traveling to the north away from shattered bridge to Holderness. (Possible injection point) The journey will take 3 days. Recruiters( press gangs) harry  travelers on the roads and have offered 10 Marks a fortnight to fight as mercenaries. Once in Holderness characters will need to decide whether to travel through the long wood (caravan route to the north) or strike out towards Krys overland through the sea of grass perhaps stopping near frost puddle or the other villages along the shores of the great inland lake for supplies. Next Session will begin in Holderness at a tavern (sigh) where Luke and Brent (and any written in at that point) discuss options.

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Re: Moving on...
Reply #1 - May 31st, 2010 at 4:54am

Maps of the larger region are in the campaign guide, Page 17 shows Wyverndale itself with the city at the north of that map being Holderness. Page 16 shows the whole of the near realms with Holderness being the extreme southern city on that larger scale map.

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Reply #2 - May 31st, 2010 at 9:02am

This is a long trip we're going on!

The map on page 17 doesn't have a "great northern marsh," "sunken kingdom," or "Redbay" labeled, but I'm guessing that it's the coastal area that is roughly southeast of Westhold and southwest of Farwatch?

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #3 - May 31st, 2010 at 6:38pm

"The sunken kingdom" is the marshy area north of the  Faerie wood which borders the grand city of Krys. The Sunken kingdom was a collection of strongholds and city states governed by the Eladrin crane clan (Sum' Elea) In a great cataclysm during the dark invasion (750+/- years ago) the strongholds were engulfed by the sea and the lands north of the Faerie wood descended into marsh. While some popular stories exist regarding the sunken kingdom the Village of Redbay doesn't appear in any that are commonly told. Redbay and its watchtower are likely somewhere in the vast swamp. It is doubtful it was much more than an outpost before those lands fell into the sea.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #4 - Jun 15th, 2010 at 8:08pm

((Common knowledge:

The sunken Kingdom was once fertile farmlands and was a key port for trade. The Crane Claim (eldarin) had a great many strongholds and palaces in the area and administered the region fairly even having humans maintain city states within the kingdom and along the coast. . Between 500 and 750 years ago around the time of the dark invasion a great calamity occurred and the whole of the region sunk into the ocean. What remained of the fertile farmlands is now a vast salt marsh inhabited by tribes of lizard men and worse.  Varying explanations for the cause of the event exist though to many Eladrin all that matters is that it occurred under the Crane’s administration and that the event is believed to have played a large part in the decline of the Empire of  Roses.  ))

Note that Caravan Route heads north through the long wood and is dotted with small communities. Largely unused, the ancient caravan route heading westward to Krys branches off the main route north of the long wood. Trade with Krys itself is sporadic. The Elves need very few amenities the east has to offer. You may find cutting through the sea of grass is quicker though once you pass the fishing communities in near the glass lake you are in barbarian country for quite some time.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #5 - Jun 16th, 2010 at 5:33am

As an  aside we may be having an additional player joining us. If travel towards the sunken kingdom is the general consensus please review the possible routes and make tentative plan. I need to get an injection point for the new pc as well as I dont know......prepare an adventure!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print