Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
On which way to proceed (Read 1826 times)
hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
On which way to proceed
May 13th, 2010 at 7:15pm

I think apparent avenues to proceed are:

1) return to Nerisella and find out what else is needed for the ritual

2) Return to confront the Woad and or see if the dragon left loot

3) follow up on Dayereth's findings and try to investigate the kruthik's nest, or the submerged tunnel at the owlbears den/ explore the sunless realm.

4) travel to Little boy following up on Nadderesh's dream

5) Travel to Brix to follow up on the hints of Bood being a doppleganger and the wizard's seizing control of the city.

6) Travel to Shattered Bridge to lend aid against stiches.

7) Investigate the dragons near Aerandis's home

8) Try to chase down the gable's crossings dragon

9) Other.

Wow lots going on. A little guidance on how to prepare would be helpful. Cheesy

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Re: On which way to proceed
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2010 at 12:56am

Luke: "Well, it seems like a bit of a waste to have had that big fight with the dragon and not had the chance to really go through its hoard.  Especially since we should be able to just walk to the cave and climb down the shaft we escaped through.

"Also, it would be nice to maybe talk to that dryad again, the one who explained to us about the woad and the dragon and the cursed tree.  Maybe she can tell us what's going on in that valley now that we've burned down the tree and maybe driven the dragon away.

"Or if the dragon happens to come back while we're there, we can have another go at it.

"And while we're at it we could see if we can do anything about getting that staff and quicksilver pool that Dayereth's scroll talks about.  I don't know how we can get at it if it's in a Cruthix nest, but maybe we could find a way.  Maybe those mushroom people know something that could help us?

"But you know me, I'll pretty much go along with whatever you all think is best."

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #2 - May 14th, 2010 at 1:55am

Dayereth likes Luke's suggestions.

"I feel as though if we left here now, we'd be leaving our job unfinished. Even if the townsfolk were used to the dragon, however fair she was to them, it was still servitude, and it would have only gotten worse over time.  After what we did, if we don't finish her or drive her off, she may take out her wrath on them.  Plus I have to admit, I'm intrigued by the pool and the staff.

I think soon we should look after your friend stiches, that is another piece of unfinished buisness, but first things first, we're here let's deal with what's at hand."

IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

Flee the mighty water-bear.

New Orleans
Reply #3 - May 14th, 2010 at 2:37pm

Aerandis: "I know the people in the town had some sort of deal with the dragon, but from my experience that deal is worth as much as badger spit to the dragon.  I would welcome the chance to finish the beast."

"I agree with Luke, we should speak to the dryad of the great tree.  I don't like the way we left, with the forest thirsting for our blood.  And if we're going to be there, a visit to the quicksilver pool would perhaps allow Dayereth to increase the power of our weapons in advance preparation to slay that bastard Stitches and his Dracolich.  I also don't like the idea of disturbing a nest of cruthix, but our mistakes of the past need to be resolved."

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

me.

Reply #4 - May 14th, 2010 at 5:36pm

Luke: "Yeah, that business with Stitches is something we should try to fix.  Although I really would have thought they had enough knights and clerics in Shattered Bridge to do that without our help.

"But don't forget, Nadarresh is dead, and we came down here to get some stuff so that Nerisella could save him.  I agree we should go back to the valley, talk to the dryad, see if we can finish up our business there.  But then let's get back to Nerisella.

"Hmm... actually, why wait -- maybe we can send someone from this village as a messenger to Feyfields, give Nerisella the news and the ingredient we came for, and let her know what we're up to here and that we'll be back soon."

IP Logged

Cowboy
Townfolk

The R.O.U.S.s? I don't
think they exist

West Bank
Reply #5 - May 14th, 2010 at 6:40pm

"I agree with Luke. We should see if we can send a runner to inform Nerisella of our situation. Perhaps this quicksilver pool will be out of our way, perhaps not. My main concern would be that the forest will not so easily forget our trangressions."

"That being said, we should talk to the dryad, if she will even hear us out, to find out at the very least what exactly we did when burning down the tree.

http://www.facebook.com/joshua.stelly  
IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

me.

Reply #6 - May 15th, 2010 at 3:01am

((Sorry everyone, I just realized I can't be there next Saturday.  I have to fly to Baltimore so that people can tell me things I already know about legal ethics.))

Luke starts to look a bit greener than usual.  "Uh, guys... I don't feel too good.  Need to lay down for a while.  That snake we fought in the valley... must have poisoned me or something.  Or maybe those vines that grabbed me..."

He begins walking unsteadily towards the healer's house.  "I'll be alright... probably... maybe you should go back to the valley and take care of business without me.  Just need to rest..."

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #7 - May 15th, 2010 at 5:56am

"Rest yourself, better you're prepared for the next encounter and an aid to us rather than sick and a liability."

"Right, no reason to waste time, we should replenish any supplies we used on our last journey, then head straight to talk to the Dryad of the Great Tree, that seems to be the next logical step."

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #8 - May 16th, 2010 at 6:55pm

While bringing Luke to healer his illness is diagnosed as simply the flu. Not surprising considering the number of nights this winter spent outside, in sewers or worse. The changing of the seasons often brings such things with it.  "A couple days of high fever and  with rest, thats all that will come of it." The healer overhears the party's plan to speak with the dryad and interjects.

“Careful listening to the Branch wraith. If she's giving you advise its for her own ends not yours. Story is she was banished from the Woad's valley for her cruel and deceitful ways . The Woad aint bright but if he catches on he can hold a grudge tighter than a dwarven priest. She's been plotting against the woad my whole life. Poison-root is her name. Woad broke her tree-link hundred years ago, so old dwarf use to say. She's a crafty one though, bound herself to the forest source, that giant tree you see there. (he points to the great tree in the distance.) Used to be a couple farms round there but she drove em away.  Want my advice? Stay away from her. Regular spirits are tricky enough, no need messing with an undead-dryad. That quicksilver pool though, every so often we get adventurers looking for that. Seems to me you could make a fair bit of coin in Holderness for that map, long as all the sword arms arent messing round in the fiefdom wars. Stupid nobles up their always risking other peoples lives so they can get 20 more hectares of land. Still I think we'd appreciate it if you didn't sell it till we get a change to get back on our feet.  Last thing we need round here is an influx of adventurers while we are straightening our business."

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

Cowboy
Townfolk

The R.O.U.S.s? I don't
think they exist

West Bank
Reply #9 - May 16th, 2010 at 9:48pm

After hearing this Brent looks to the others, "Undead! Perhaps we have been fighting on the wrong side of the field. Should we confront this dryad?"

http://www.facebook.com/joshua.stelly  
IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #10 - May 17th, 2010 at 8:30pm

Wholian shrugs. " You've lifted the curse for which we are very grateful. Still you've driven off the town's protector and unless you are certain that you could triumph against Poison-root.. drawing her ire away from the Woad may well place Gable's crossing in a rather...precarious position."  Wholian looks worried. "I dont mean to imply that you couldn’t confront ...it's just that.... their confrontation is again in balance ..and it appears we were simply pawns to draw you in. Now that we’ve been taken off the board as it were....." He pauses..."What I mean to say is.. we are simple folks. We live out of the way because we dont like being  at the center of things. Try not to aggravate our position."

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #11 - May 17th, 2010 at 11:10pm

Aaron slowly rises and addressing the party, moves slowly to the other side of the room and says, "We have done much to help the valley preserve the balance.  That much is true but we have also achieved our goals and tasks...the twins, the component for Nadarresh, ending the curse, removing the blight of the sky stone or comet thing..."  He waves his hands about the air, not sure of what to call it, having seen little of such things.

I agree too that the Dragon and the pool should be investigated further.  The way in which the vines and denizens moved up the walls of the Dragon's lair is more disturbing than anything.  They could have done so at any time and driven the beast from the area, yet only when we set their ire did we almost perish."  He shakes his head, recalling how difficult the fight had been.

"I think we should see to the pool and perhaps the Kruthiks..."

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #12 - May 22nd, 2010 at 5:17am

(Uhh, we are playing tomorrow, right? I know it's the eleventh hour, literally, but I haven't seen the usual sign up who's coming posts.)

IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

Flee the mighty water-bear.

New Orleans
Reply #13 - May 22nd, 2010 at 5:37am

(I'm going to show up anyway.)

IP Logged

Cowboy
Townfolk

The R.O.U.S.s? I don't