Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Traveling to Drakespire (Rp route discussion) (Read 521 times)
hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Traveling to Drakespire (Rp route discussion)
Dec 10th, 2009 at 4:02am

The distance between Brix and Drakespire is roughly equivalent to that between New Orleans and Baton Rouge.  Throughout the foothills the North Helix is fast moving with treacherous rapids and a number of falls. It widens out and becomes navigable just north and east of pear grove. Due west of the well of souls there is an ancient stone bridge which arcs over the river though its origins are unknown and it has long been avoided by travelers.

Three routes exist

A) direct route  (North west) trying to find a way across the rapids through the ravines

B) Travel west to the abandoned bridge then north through the foot hills.

C) Travel North to Peargrove and cross the river via ferry and head west crossing the open plains on the south edge of the sea of grass(likely2 days longer but crossing the river will be a cinch.)

Rp out a discussion and decide which route to take so I can prepare an epic adventure worthy of your undertaking!

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Re: Traveling to Drakespire (Rp route discussion)
Reply #1 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 7:17pm

((Leigh, can you remind us how many days it is before the night of the next full moon?  It's hard to judge the significance of the extra 2 days it would take to go via Peargrove without that piece of information.))

Luke: "I'm happy to go whatever way you all think best.  It might not be the easiest journey but we'll get there.  I think Heironeous is guiding our steps on this mission, no matter which route we take.

"But anyhow, if you want my opinion, we should take that abandoned bridge to the west.  We're already heading out in that direction to get to the Well of Souls.  And it's probably the fastest way to go."

Luke counts off the options on his fingers.  "Peargrove is the long way round.  Trying to go straight and hoping to find a way across the river might turn out to be an even longer way -- who knows how many days we'll have to spend looking for a bridge across a ravine or something.  So the bridge way is probably the fastest.

"And that means we can get to the Drakespire soonest.  Which seems like a good idea.  The sooner we're there, the more time we might have to scout out the area so we don't get taken by surprise.  We might even be able to lay an ambush for those Hextor-worshipping bastards.

"Sure, the bridge might be sketchy, but who knows what we'll find out there?  Maybe some bandits, but then you can find bandits in a lot of places round here lately.  And if there are bandits or monsters at the bridge, maybe we can defeat them and make it safer for people to travel that way.  At least if anybody wants to travel that way who isn't going to climb a mountain to have a meeting with some evil cult followers."

He shrugs.  "But whichever way we go is fine by me."

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #2 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 7:51pm

((Look to the sky at night. 4 days))

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #3 - Dec 14th, 2009 at 12:58am

(((No other opinions? Bridge it is?))

IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

Flee the mighty water-bear.

New Orleans
Reply #4 - Dec 14th, 2009 at 2:39am

[oh geez, I've been distracted, should have read this]. 

Aerandis feels that he could successfully navigate a way through the ravines, but he doubts that the whole party would find the way as easy.  The abandoned bridge is a definite possibility, but without maintenance the bridge may have fallen.  It is also the the most likely place for any sort of ambush, if the kidnappers were hoping to preempt any chance at rescue.  However, we won't know until we get there, and it is probably the best and quickest way assuming it stands.

As an aside, we need to find Dayereth before we leave.  His magic would definitely be helpful in this kind of task.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print