Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Roleplaying Thread: after session IV (Read 568 times)
elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Roleplaying Thread: after session IV
Oct 12th, 2009 at 5:00pm

Well, given where Session IV ended, there's not much opportunity for extended conversation, errand-running, or whatever.

I believe Luke's reaction to the appearance of vicious-looking winged creatures around him in the cavern will be to exclaim "Oh shit!" and look to get back to the cavern's entrance where the rest of the party is.  Surely the easiest way to take these creatures out will be to fire arrows and spells from the relative safety of this doorway.

Anyhow, given the lack of opportunities to do much roleplaying in the present, I'll try a flashback to our characters' recent past: the hours we spent trekking towards the tower that we are currently adventuring beneath.

As we march through the wilderness, Luke says to Nadarresh: "I'm glad to know you have such respect for the dead, that you were willing to stop and bury all those victims of the wolf attack.  I hope you know that I really do care about those poor souls too, even though I wanted to track down the person behind the attack first.  I'm all for giving them a dignified burial later, if we make it out of this citadel alive.

"Did you grow up among the dwarves?  What did your people teach you to do for the dead?"

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Re: Roleplaying Thread: after session IV
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 7:42pm

"I of all people understand that we have to move quickly when hunting your prey and I guess I just wanted it to be over for them, so they'd be at peace.  Being ripped apart by these wolves, it's not natural.  Wolves occasionally might attack if defending their homes and family but what is happening here, has happened too many times and I can't even think of how many of the dead had no one to bury them."

He kicks the dirt a bit as they walk, his face contorts a little.

"The scavengers will take care of them eventually but as long as I can say I did what I could for them...I mean what we will do for them then I know they should be at rest.  I mean baking in the sun all day, being further ripped apart, smelling up the forrest and then attracting scanvengers and predators that would normally go about their business!  The balance has been broken."

IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

Flee the mighty water-bear.

New Orleans
Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 4:10pm

Aerandis overhears their conversation and moves closer to talk.

"I'm sorry that you have been upset by this.  In my home forest we also hide the dead, though among the tree-tops among woven boughs of living wood.  While the spirit returns to the fey lands, the body goes to the creatures of the sky.  It must be similar with your people when your body is consumed by the small burrowing creatures under the earth.  "

"It is hard to retain a true balance, as the druids teach.  The bodies of the wolves are scavenged according to their own nature, but the bodies of goblins are hidden by fire, according to their custom.  In life they may try to kill us but in death I suppose we are all the same.  It is still hard to want to respect the bodies of our enemies."

Aerandis looks Nadarresh in the eye and says, "We will return for these people and treat their bodies with respect.  But if we don't root out the cause of their deaths we may end up with even more unnatural killings."

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 5:58pm

"No matter how hard we try I think there will be too much unbalance but I think our group is on the right path to righting some of the balance.  I need your help as I know I have shown much anger and fury these past few weeks.  The dragon's head is something I treasure, not just as a trophy but as an accomplishment for myself as well as the group.  We came togther and have grown a bit since that first night at the Caravan slaughter.  I don't know what I was thinking about with that Minotaur, it's been straining to rip through my bag."  With that he shifts it's weight slightly indicating the huge head and horns nearly ready to tear the bag open.

"I am going to take the horns as my new accomplishment, besides I know that they may have a use.  It's good I have been a hunter for so long because this blood would have gotten everywhere....  I'll try to temper myself in battle, as I know one of these days you'll have no potions or scraps of cloth to mend my wounds!"  He said laughing...

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Reply #4 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 4:29pm

Luke laughs.  "When you charge into battle wearing that suit of armor that looks like it's made from woven reeds, it's no wonder you get cut up sometimes!  I'm sure you scare the shit out of our enemies, but you need someone watching your back.

"I've been asking Heironeous lately to lend me some of his ability to heal wounds, the way the clerics do.  I figure, if we're all about restoring the balance here, it would be better to have some power to heal people as well as cutting them up.

"I mean, who knows if the god will ever find me worthy of that, but it wouldn't be unheard of."

IP Logged

TheHordePrince
Townfolk

orcs is best

Metairie, LA
Reply #5 - Oct 23rd, 2009 at 1:14am

Theren watches this exchange somewhat from the side, then chimes in, "Your ability to charge headlong into the fray is to be admired.  In the past I have often had to extol my fellow warriors and militiamen to move into positions that will not only keep them alive, but could possibly save others as well.  If only I had developed my physical skills earlier I coulw have embraced the path of a true combat leader."

Theren's eyes wander and his hand goes unconsciously to his sword.  He draws it and examines the rather ordinary blade. "My mothers family trained with this and a shield almost exclusively, something that was harder than you could imagine for a halfbreed more inclined to books!  But my ability to adapt to that which I am not directly suited has made me stronger; that versatility has become my hallmark."

"You all have my trust and admiration for saving me, and will repay what I owe you in skill and arms if you will trust my lead.  I do not command, for I have no claims to your lives nor would I want them.  But your obvious care for each other in both body and spirit inspires me...I would like to inspire you all back."

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #6 - Oct 23rd, 2009 at 5:22pm

"As I moved so quickly from my family in the caravan that short while ago, into this group, I must admit I was wary of putting my full trust into all of you or if you'd even let me earn it.  I find now that those fears were only that and I have come to trust you all despite my brashness in battle..." he paused for several seconds and then finished, "and falling into pits, taking on Minotaurs by myself, charging at an undead creature of energy that bursts forth from an evil ritual's orb...." he trailed off, smiling as he spoke, listing all the times in which he charged into battle, which seemed to be every battle so far.

"You seek to fight this evil, by yourself or with us and that makes you a friend by your deeds alone.  I must first know one thing and I ask that you answer truthfully...."

He paused, looking to the ground and then right at Theren.  "Do I really look scary in this armor?!"  He said smiling...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print