Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New to New Orleans (Read 1090 times)
alldamage
Townfolk

A wandering monster attacked
me.

New to New Orleans
Sep 9th, 2009 at 9:19pm

I just transfered to new orleans in sept.  I am looking for a group to join or to start a group.  I am looking to play with adults.  I can play with teenagers but don't have much patience for pettiness and imaturity.  I have only really played DnD but willing to play anything.  I am going to be living in the uptown area.  i can be reached by email at bradolder@gmail.com.  Thanks and am excited to start playing again.

IP Logged

Netzach Maccabi
Townfolk

A wayward Jew in the Big
Easy

Metairie
Re: New to New Orleans
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 2:40pm

well beaux I'd be willing to join in a game.
I'm old enough to go to a bar if that lends to my age at all.  I play 3.5 but have heard the heralds sing of Pathfinder.  would be interested in that too.

also Vampire the Requiem would be cool too.

28 days... 6 hours... 42 minutes... 12 seconds. That... is when the world... will end.
Netzach Maccabi www.myspace.com/qaneh darkstar3498 king0fh3rts  
IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 10:03pm

Welcome my friend.  I know of a few games or rather opportunities for games and wanted to tell you about a great way to make it happen, so here is the info...  btw I am Sean and have gone to two of the meetup.com meetings, this being the third one.  I have gotten into three games, two DND 4th edition and one Shadowrun 4th edition.  Some good people out there to game with but I think you may have come between a few starts of games...but I know there are at least three or four people who are looking to game as 1-3 people were turned away from our session because we went from 3 interested to like 8.  Good Luck!

This was all taken from Meetup.com so you might want to check that out as well.

Saturday September 19th, Galactic Goods in Kenner, LA
343 W. Esplanade Ave
Kenner, LA 70065
(504) 466-8470

Dungeons & Dragons® Game Day for DMG2

A Passage Into Mystery is a special team-created 6th-level adventure that uses tiles from DU3 Caves of Carnage and monsters from the Monster Manual: Legendary Evils miniatures expansion.

• Time: 5pm
• Entry Fee: free
• Module: "A Passage Into Mystery"
• DM: Merrick and Manny

Galactic Goods is located on W Esplanade Ave near Loyola across the street from Wal-mart on the 2nd floor.
Galactic Goods has plenty of space for the meetup group to meet and on September 19th they are hosting the Dungeon Master Guide 2 release event. There will be room for multiple players who are interested in playing D&D 4th edition.

I don't know how long a typical meetup lasts, but there might be a D&D Miniatures tournament at 1pm and usually the D&D Game Day events start at 5pm. I'll should be available at 5pm right after the DDM tournament. Anyone interested in the DDM tournament should bring a warband and be there at 1pm.

The event on the 19th is scheduled for some players to group up and build two encounters for another group. The players sit together for an hour and build the reason for the encounter, put together a few pre-determined monsters and some info about them. The group then hands that dungeon over to a DM to run it for another group. The 2 encounters should last about 3 hours give or take. There will be character sheets for a few 6th level characters with miniatures and there will be a few extras without miniatures, but you are welcome to bring your own 6th level character as well.

Come out and enjoy the fun. The game day is also not limited to just 4th edition, so if you feel lucky to bring your own dungeon and some pre-generated characters, you are welcome to run it at the store as well.

Ok, I just got the 4th edition module that will accompany D&D game day on September 19th.

It comes with 5 colorful character sheets and miniatures to go along with them... well close enough anyway.

The adventure is a create your own adventure style.

Your group picks a DM, they then pick a theme, after picking a theme, the group creates 2 encounters, 1st picking a boss, then picking his minions for the 2 encounters. The group writes out the encounters and the monster tactics.

The DM then gets to run the adventure against another group of players. All this depends on players showing up to participate. The maps are pre-made and they give you a handful of monsters to pick from.

This is just an overview, but you get the picture.

IP Logged

Netzach Maccabi
Townfolk

A wayward Jew in the Big
Easy

Metairie
Reply #3 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 9:35pm

I'm gathering players for a campaign I wrote up.

I'm currently playtesting it online, and it's working smoothly.

it's d&d 3.5

n-mattei@hotmail.com if you're interested.

I'll be holding it at my place in Metairie.

28 days... 6 hours... 42 minutes... 12 seconds. That... is when the world... will end.
Netzach Maccabi www.myspace.com/qaneh darkstar3498 king0fh3rts  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print