Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Dayereth:Eladrin Wizard (Read 3338 times)
OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Re: Dayereth:Eladrin Wizard
Reply #15 - Feb 13th, 2010 at 4:39pm

((Insight +5))

When Dayereth feels that his body and mind are ready to travel, (game terms: no more -2 to rolls, approx. 24 hours after rest of party left for the Drakespire meet), he gathers his belongings together and quietly moves to where he can observe the bridge which he must cross again.

As he moves, he worries somewhat about his rations, which have finally been depleted during his day's rest.  Years of school in magic and blade training at the Court of Roses did not have wilderness survival in the syllabus.  Dayereth has always been fairly wise in the ways plants however, and he has had weeks to observe the Rangers at work, foraging and hunting to keep the party's supplies filled.

((nature +5, untrained))

Once again he pushes thoughts from his mind and focuses on the tast at hand.  If the ogre has returned, Dayereth must make a plan to get across the bridge, or face a longer journey of unknown perils to find another way across the river and back to Brix.

Almost against his will, Dayereth thinks of the chants of the Shamen who watched the ancestral shrines in his father's house.  He thinks to his uncle, the most recent of his family to leave the feywild to find adventure in the world of Wyverndale.  Dayereth always found the rites of magic more solid than the whisperings of ancestral spirits through the mediums of divine magic.  Yet he hopes that his uncle's spirit, once an acclaimed warrior, would help him in his time alone, facing singular survival and perhaps combat in the wilderness.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #16 - Feb 23rd, 2010 at 12:47am

Traveling through the hill gates among the revelry that has accompanied the influx of recent caravan arrivals Dayereth notes the presence of several of individuals with spiderweb motifs on their garments. The  subtle motifs are hidden in embroidery or in stylized stitches in the hems of cloaks. While most would not place any stock in what appears to most as simply fashion garnishments, Dayereth knows better. None of the wearers of the garnets are cause for alarm,likely they wouldn't even recall the source of the design. Still when the silvery web starts making appearances its a warning that unseen lurkers are beginning to notice nearby events.

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #17 - Feb 23rd, 2010 at 4:41pm

Keeping an eye out for unusual activities from wearers of the spiderweb design, Dayereth sets about the task of finding the wife of the ring's owner.

With the outcome of the new election, the inscription on the ring worries Dayereth.  The new chancellor is Omas Bood, who 'bought' the election with a promise of silver for votes.  The ring is inscribed with the initials O.B., and belongs to a Bood, who is very dead and likely the dinner for a very infuriated ogre.  The sycronicity between these facts has implications which Dayereth pales to think of.  Politically motivated murder and imposters could lead to more trouble than they were worth.  Dayereth and his companions came here to rest, the fewer enemies they made amongst the leadership the better.

Bearing this in mind, Dayereth decides to begin his search by finding the merchant whose inscription is on the ring beside the initials.  Perhaps he has some useful information, or at least knows where the widow Bood might be found.
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2010 at 6:02pm by hewhorocks »  

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #18 - Feb 24th, 2010 at 6:15pm

The maker of the ring is easily found though Dayereth hesitates producing the property of the new chancellor (a very popular one at that) in fear he will be exposed as a theif.

Trina Bood is easily found. She makes regular appearances at any state function with her husband and the wizard Mell su Detok. She seems to be reveling in all the extra attention she gets. Even during her shopping she is frequently seen with one or two of Mell su Detok’s black robed apprentices.  The robes are identical to those the drowned men wore in the tomb of Demlos. It seems unlikely that Dayereth will be able to speak with her in private without some subterfuge.

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #19 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 11:00am

((Does the new mayor, Omas Bood resemble the Bood from Dayereth's vision?  If so, does Dayereth notice anything different or strange about him, i.e. illusion or doppleganger?  Would Dayereth know what dopplegangers are?))

After checking out the merchant and Trina Bood, Dayereth looks for lodgings, possibly a house to rent (or buy, although Dayereth probably couldn't afford anything outside of the hook).  Once lodgings are aquired, he will complete his drawings and written descriptions of the different drakes and the ogre which he encountered with the party before he chose to part ways with them.  He also copies pyrotechnics and effect fires into his ritual book.  Once this is done, he will store the bulkier of his items (dragon organs, travel pack) in the lodging, and go shopping for rituals.  He is particularly looking for Enchant Magic Item and Brew Potion, but is also interested in Last Sight Vision, Unseen Servant, Magic Mouth, Arcane Lock, Knock, Eye of Alarm, Skull Watch, Traveler's Feast and Create Campsite.

Money is tight, so Dayereth will also inquire about trade, he has the dragon organs and the orb stand that the Effect Normal Fires and Pyrotechnics rituals were on to bargan with. Although he will not carry them on his person, he has his detailed drawings of them.  He will take the actual goods to a merchant once a deal is struck. 

Since he probably arrived in Brix before the rest of the party, he will do generally that until he gets word that his companions have arrived back in the city.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #20 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 4:36pm

During an address to the citizens of the old city Dayereth manages to get close enough to determine that the physical Omas Bood is very similar in appearance to his ghostly vision. Unfortunately Dayereth’s insight (ouch that again) doesn’t penetrate any veil (even with his +2 bonus for being suspicious.)

Housing per month depends on the neighborhood; see Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register for descriptions.

Expenses from most to least

Old Town
Centerhall.
Cutter’s ward
Astral district
The Hill-Gates (north gate)
King’s row.

Expenses depend on which skill you would attempt to use though expenses begin at around 25 Marks per month and would add 20% for each progressive neighborhood.

I believe Copying the rituals into his book will cost about ½ their value for rare inks etc, ((no rule book in front of me.)) Selling the rituals and arcane components would be relatively simple in the Astral District (Rosemary comes to mind.) The dragon parts are worth 250 marks as arcane components however as with the rituals you would only receive a fraction of their value when sold. (Again consult the player’s handbook for exact details.)

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #21 - Mar 1st, 2010 at 8:06pm

"Thank you for your assistance. Please let me know your requirements and I will ask my niece to make arrangements for your audience. In the mean time if you need any silver-smiting done My workmanship is at your disposal.”

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #22 - Mar 4th, 2010 at 5:28pm

((History +12))
You recall reading in your studies of the death of Goldbeard Starforger and a battle between the Dwarf Lord and some Dark Elves. As you recollect the dwarf and his companions were exploring some caverns beneath some mountains and came across some Dark elf raiders. Nadderesh's illustration is remarkably similar to a painting of that mountain by the Dwarven Artist Runehammer. You believe the mountain is known as Little Boy and lies somewhere deep within Thorywood (to the east.)

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #23 - Mar 19th, 2010 at 10:05am

(I also apologize for the lateness of the post concerning my abscence)

With the passing overhead of the shooting star, Dayereth does a quick calculation to find where it may have landed. Knowing that rare minerals and metals often fall to earth with comets and shooting stars, Dayereth decides he would be of more use to the party by investigating that.  As the party sets off in the direction of the Feyfields, Dayereth sets off toward the shooting star's projected landing site, with promises to the others to meet them in Feyfields in a few days.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #24 - Mar 19th, 2010 at 5:57pm

After bidding his friends farewell Dayereth retreats to a dark corner of the inn and begins working out the location of the falling star. Soon it becomes apparent that the likely impact was east of Feyfeilds perhaps on the very edge of the Dragonscale swamp where eastwood sinks into those lowlands. Perhaps he should have traveled with them?

"Ahh never mind, according to the stars the weather may improve in a week and I shall travel to meet them then."

When traveling out of the south gates for the journey to Feyfields he overhears that Mell su Detok is to be appointed "Grand Vizier to the council." Given Bood's standing on the council it seems the wizard is entrenching himself in the center of power. Something to be wary of.

Dayereth notices a murder of crows that follow him south of the city for at least a night and day before they fly off.

As he travels west from Ingrin he notes the shift in the weather from harsh winter to mild spring. Intuitively he notes the presence of the fey. "The barrier is weak here there must be a crossing nearby. He makes a note of this in his journal as he arrives at Fey fields. Resting briefly he makes haste to the druids grove to the west.
He arrives at the grove and hears of developments there with a heavy heart.
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2010 at 4:35am by hewhorocks »  

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #25 - Apr 2nd, 2010 at 4:50am

((Prior post edited to add flavorful detail))

While resting in the tower of Garum, Dayereth has an opportunity to inspect the softly glowing fragment. While mostly purple the rock has multiple small scrapes of various colors on the side of the rough sphere which was broken off. When chiseled the un-scarred side leaves a subtle red scratch on the surface of the otherwise violet rock (weight about 30 lbs.) Over the course of the evening and to the next morning the scratches change color back to its violet.  Judging from the previous scratches and the time it took for the color to revert, at least 10 small fragments were removed from the rock in the last 18 hours the fragments were likely removed at least an hour apart.

Judging from the soft glow on the ceiling of the vault he finds himself in now, the fragments were likely crushed into a fine powder and somehow applied to the ceiling some 200 ft above.

The intact meteorite can serve as arcane components of up to 1000 Marks...though it is heavy.

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #26 - Apr 5th, 2010 at 12:25pm

(I know this is back-tracking a little, but bear with me)

Examining the stone and sitting in the healer's tower, Dayereth realizes that he will never have a better opportunity to begin the ritual to enchant Aerendis' bow.  Although the components and general set-up in the tower are for healing, he could adapt them for arcane purposes, and the stone's natural magical nature would make a fine weapon.

He gathers what he needs, and draws the strange arcane symbols on a workbench to contain the bow as the ritual begins.

After he is done, and Aerendis has rested, Dayereth goes over to him.

"Aerendis, now is the time to begin enchanting your bow, give me the ironwood staff and tell me again what type of enchantment you wish.  With the power of the stone, you are not limited to acid power alone, but be realistic, this is my first time."

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #27 - May 4th, 2010 at 9:13pm

After returning to the tower to secure the warp-stone Dayereth is reviewing his ritual book when he gets the sense that he is being watched. Honing his arcane skills  Dayereth detects a phantom eye watching him. The Ron'el-ya (They who see) are watching him. Luckily the scrying ritual used to create the eye is expensive and short lived.. no more than a few minutes. Enough perhaps to see the interior of the tower and discern its age and condition maybe its general location?

These spies and assassins would not dare to risk confrontation with his order without reason.This is cause for concern.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #28 - May 12th, 2010 at 3:37am

Dayereth  carefully removed the brittle parchment  from the case eagerly unrolls the brittle scroll. His disappointment is palpable. He had expected or at least hopped to find a ritual in the case, sadly all it contained was an adventurer’s  journal.   Given the style of the script  the document looks perhaps a hundred years old. Deciding that he had a few moments to reflect on his luck while his companions gathered their senses after the fight he reads the scroll. The adventurer’s name was Dollworth  and he and his companions were searching for an artifact know as the Cold iron staff.  From his knowledge of history Dayereth recalls that such implements  were  used by war mages during the Infernal wars. The arcane power of the staff was especially effective against the otherworldly invaders. The Journal goes on to say that Dollworth and his companions had tracked down the staff to a  large quicksilver pool hidden in a vast underground cavern . However before they could recover it they were attacked by “fiendish  insects the size of wardogs” who were building a nest around the pool.   Dollworth’s group came through the valley and camped in this high cave. The journal ends here though Dayereth’s interest is certainly piqued. A pool of quicksilver as large as the Journal described could be fuel his arcane experimentation for  years.

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #29 - May 13th, 2010 at 8:44am

Dayereth wonders if perhaps the staff and the quicksilver pool might be connected with the appearance of the Ron'el-ya. The value of the items was worth mentioning to the party, but what about the Ron'el-ya? Perhaps it would be better to leave them out of it, for now, they weren't necessarily looking for the staff and the pool.  Besides, since they were heading back into the valley anyway to further excavate the dragon's cave, why shouldn't they investigate this?

Dayereth approaches the party, and tells them what the scroll contains.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print