Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
rules (Read 1817 times)
hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Re: rules
Reply #15 - Mar 1st, 2010 at 8:18pm

Ok in the continuing vein of taxing your creativity not mine for arcane components harvested from encounters not specifically identified as components you need to have an item in mind and describe what exactly you are using it for.  When making a ring of regeneration quenching the hot ring in trolls blood helps enchant the item.  The components will offer a reduction to the crafting cost based on a percentage of the xp value of the creature and the coolness of the description of the components. Against encumbrance each item will count as if it is taking up the same weight as its value in coins.

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #16 - Mar 11th, 2010 at 6:55pm

Because someone asked:

"The process of creating alchemical items is similar to the process of performing rituals (see chapter 10 of the Player’s Handbook). As with performing rituals, a character using alchemy must first take a special feat. To create an alchemical item, you must have the Alchemist feat and the correct formula, and you must spend the time and the component price required. Alchemical components are the same as those used in rituals."

More information can be found in both the Eberron Player's Guide and/or D&D insider.

I think most items will transfer over easily enough. Clockwork items are the npc exclusive works of gnomes so some  IC (in character) explanation for that knowledge would be necessary.

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #17 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 6:41pm

After some research it appears that losing a surge when you have none has various effects depending on the situation. If summoning you will lose HP according to your surge value. Starvation/thirst loses your level in hp.

So environmental effects (being out in the cold etc) will cost hp equal to your level. Any draining effects (from creatures) will cost your surge value. Note that in this instance failure in skill challenges that result in a loss of a surge will be treated like environmental effects and will represent the progression of the disease.

The DMG seems to indicate that a +2 bonus for withstanding environmental effects while resting is appropriate. This coupled with -2 penalty for the fever gives straight out end tests for withstanding the elements per travel period. Assistance of course is always appropriate though any assisting character will have to ride in the wagon for that travel period.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #18 - Mar 29th, 2010 at 7:02pm

OK so Lvl 5 for Pc's seems appropriate after an extended rest. (Lets assume that rest was in Garum's tower)

With the release of PHBIII (jeez I know huh?) if any wants to "reimagine" their character feel free to explore however one thing you should note: Changes in your archtype (striker/defender etc) will have a profound affect on the team dynamic. Unlike previous edditions 4th really relies on synergistic effects to scale encounters. We have seen how much easier encounters become when each archtype is present. Feel free to start a thread regarding your reconceptualization to discuss with the other players some their visualization of your character may help you make the determination if any changes are needed.

((Free retrain utilizing any concepts from the new rules...race restrictions still in effect.))

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print