Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Game expectations (Read 1947 times)
hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Re: Game expectations
Reply #15 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 4:23pm

Right on guys we have 3 character and everything looks like its going well. As an aside,  please leave other character's threads clear of OOC (out of character) comments. Feel free to start a feedback thread though. Each character's thread should be a sort of running journal and we would like to avoid clutter. Now conversations or interactions between characters is definitely fair game.

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

beyonder
Adventurer
Keeberon Player

I'm so green.

Uptown
Reply #16 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 4:38pm

I vote that character threads only be used for the character's background (obviously! That was the original idea) and for solo role-playing, e.g. the "buying a sword" type situations we discussed at the initial meetup.

What other types of posts would be appropriate for those?  Also, for future reference, what other threads are in-character only?

1433-05    (11abc dist, 3.9 mean)
Selected-By: Tim Chew <twchew@mindspring.com>

The Internet Oracle has pondered your question deeply. Your question was:
> Are there any games harder than Nethack?

And in response, thus spake the Oracle:
} Life is pretty tough, everyone I know ends up dying.
nieltown debestest  
IP Logged

Casper
ShadowRun B
Erinian
Dogs of War
Top Ten
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Stark player
Esplanade

You want what??? For how
much???

Seattle
Reply #17 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 4:44pm

In the first post of each thread the starter should say what the intent of the thread is.  "This is a thread for how Gnob the Gnome found the caravan and joined the party."   "This is a thread of what Gnob is doing in town, feel free to run into him and post here."

If its a thread that people should not respond to then you can just create a new thread with the title 'Comments on: <Original Title>'.

EDIT: Just to be clear:  I am suggesting this as a way to deal with the confusion from earlier posts based on my experience running online and mixed online/table games in the past.   I am not involved in the Wyverndale game and don't want to imply any control over it.

As an admin the only control I will assert is in cleaning content that goes beyond PG13 in a publicly readable area. That's policy for this site.

The DM for this game might want to post guidelines for how stuff will flow in this area.   If you like I will create subareas for things like character descriptions or in character blogs so it helps readers understand where to post.  I can also create an area where only the DM can post so he can post game rules or updates and no one else can reply.  I think you have mod rights so you can also make posts sticky so they are more prominent.

« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2009 at 6:51pm by Casper »  

Don't waste my time.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #18 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 6:30pm

Ok, I am getting this now and sorry if I posted in the wrong spot, pretty sure it was me...sorry beyonder.  So how much then with characcter to character should be done here?  ( I am asking because I have not done DND or RPG using a forums board but really like it ) I mean I don't want to start a thread/conversation and then get to the session and someone says sorry I didn't read that one or do we actually check the forum before we start up?

Hewhorocks so it's okay to ask my friend to join in if he can get on here and generate someone for this weekend?  Please let me know because I think he'd be able to add something to the group being a newer gamer.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #19 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 8:10pm

As far as additional players we have 6 physical chairs so 2 spots open.  As long as someone will vouch for him/her and we dont have to do any policing in regards, to consumption of adult beverages etc then I'm fine a for additional active participants.

In regards to the character specific threads, I think that each thread should be kept clear of "chatter" but if another PC is present and interacting in a "scene" then I think its obviously the best place to put their IC intereactions. Character thoughts might better be suited for that character's presonal thread.

sorry spell checker is broken  Embarrassed

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #20 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 10:21pm

elwyn is attempting to come in with a character. Someone might have to sit on a stool. Cheesy

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Reply #21 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 10:59pm

Heck, I'll stand on one foot if necessary!  Wink

I'll put up a character thread & join the scene by the fire later tonight.  Looking forward to meeting you all.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #22 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 5:17am

Awesome Elwyn, I just talked with my friend Grant and he'll be joining us on Saturday, although he has not put anything on here yet.  He is having internet connection issues at the moment...Mike my other friend will not be able to make it so we are good with the chairs...hahaha

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #23 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 6:59pm

We have also another player from a pervious incarnation of the game. Dave.  So I think we will be good for players. I think we will see whats up with what we have before trying to increase our numbers at this point. I will try to sticky character threads. Grant will be penciled in however I dont think participation in this game will be possible without some regular access to the forums. Also note that while we will be playing with miniatures/ maps we wont have a whole lot or room for laptops/netbooks and well I find them somewhat distracting during play in anycase. (unless your playing shadowrun! Shocked ) so you can keep those at home.  Kill a tree and print out your character!

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Reply #24 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 8:04pm

This is all good, but there's one really important thing I still don't know:

Where will the game session be held?

Someone tell me quickly, please, so I can be there tomorrow!  Message me if you don't want to post it publicly.

IP Logged

beyonder
Adventurer
Keeberon Player

I'm so green.

Uptown
Reply #25 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 8:27pm

Yeah, what's the address?  I think I have it somewhere, but where it is I do not know.  Someone PM me!

1433-05    (11abc dist, 3.9 mean)
Selected-By: Tim Chew <twchew@mindspring.com>

The Internet Oracle has pondered your question deeply. Your question was:
> Are there any games harder than Nethack?

And in response, thus spake the Oracle:
} Life is pretty tough, everyone I know ends up dying.
nieltown debestest  
IP Logged

Netzach Maccabi
Townfolk

A wayward Jew in the Big
Easy

Metairie
Reply #26 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 8:43pm

well if anyone knows of another group...  I'd love to get out of my house one day lol.

this new city stuff sucks when you don't know anyone

28 days... 6 hours... 42 minutes... 12 seconds. That... is when the world... will end.
Netzach Maccabi www.myspace.com/qaneh darkstar3498 king0fh3rts  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print