Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Legend of the Green Dragon (Read 1594 times)
Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Legend of the Green Dragon
Jun 9th, 2009 at 5:42am

I've been doing legend of the green dragon again:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Check it out.  You pick a race, go from level 1 to 15, kill the dragon... and then do it all over again.  Its sort of a mud I guess.  I have played it before.  This install is just a few weeks old.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2009 at 4:13pm by Admin account »  

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Re: Legend of the Green Dragon
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2009 at 4:49pm

I see a couple of people have tried out LOGD.  Post here is you want hints.

One thing to know about it is that lots of people write little modules for it so generally, two servers aren't the same.  They have many of the same mods but are often in different places.

Today's hint:  Mounts are a good thing.  They cost gems.  But like everything else, the tradein is less than the purchase.  Don't bother with the two simpler mounts, save up for the stallion.  The other two aren't really worth it.

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2009 at 10:41pm

Twolf, I see you just jump up level 2, 3, 4, and 5 in one day.

Here's the thing:

There is an indicator that shows when you are ready to go to the next level.  As soon as you can, you generally want to level up because then you fight stronger monsters.  You can find the training studio in your home town which is based on race.

But level 1 is special.  At level 1 healing is free and you are much more likely to get a flawless fight.  So most people just keep fighting even after they can level up at level 1.  it looks like you did that.  So good for you.  Grin

But as you saw, when you do go back to town your teacher might track you down.  If he does, and you are in the wrong city it cost you a turn.  He tracks you down when you have enough XP to go to the next highest level.

So what I do at level 1 is note how much XP I need to go to level 2.  Then I fight and buy better weapons with the gold until I have twice that XP.  Then I stay in the forest hopefully getting lots of flawless fights with my remaining turns.

IP Logged

translucentwolf
Sith Lord
ShadowRun B
Erinian
Kallistier
JustSayGM
Dogs of War
Top Ten
Intelligent_Life
oldEsplanade
Enlightened
john
JustSayNo
Esplanade

New Orleans
Reply #3 - Jun 9th, 2009 at 10:53pm

Yep.  I'm working it out.  Got killed already too.  And then killed again, while dead, by Death.  Will be waiting a bit to see how the resurrection thing works out.

That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.
translucentwolf translucentwolf translucentwolf translucentwolf  
IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #4 - Jun 9th, 2009 at 11:14pm

Yeah, I saw you went to the shades.

The main trick with being dead is to heal after every fight.  You torment a spirit then go back to ramius and get him to restore your soul.  He gives you jazz about it, but he does it.  Then you repeat.  Once you get 100 favor you can ask him to resurrect you.

But note that you will automatically resurrect the next day anyway.  So in two hours you will be alive again.

Note that the game tracks how many game days you have played.  That isn't how many have passed.  If you don't log in for a week, no time passes for you.  When you are resurrected its just like a new day except you get fewer turns because you are recovering.

There is a trick call the resurrection exploit where you purposely die when you are almost out of turns so you can fight in the shades and come back the same day for everyone else.  A day advances for you, your mount is reset and everything.  The only down side is you have fewer turns.  Now, when you die, you lose 10% xp, most of the time so dying on purpose means about 7 more turns.  Its only cost effective to do it if you can get more than the lost xp with those reduced turns.

For me, I stay at level 1 as long as possible for the flawless fights, then will kill myself if I have time to play up until level 8-9.  It seems cost effective.  But then I push the game and always fight things a level higher (T instead of L).

There are a couple of specials in the forest that will kill you with no loss of XP.  I think the druid potion is one of them.  So if my turns are low and I happen to hit one of those special specials, I will risk death for the extra day.

Some people try to kill the dragon as fast as possible, in as few days as possible but don't worry about that now.  When I played the game before I got to 120 dragon kills and toward the end I was able to kill the dragon in one day multiple times.  But then, I was getting 99% flawless fights.

This server is harder than that one I think.  Its been a 2 years I think and some new stuff exists.  For example, some time you come back from resurrection with chains and it slows you down for a while making it harder to fight.

Also, this server doesn't have as many bars.  Bars are good.  Every town should have one.

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #5 - Jun 10th, 2009 at 9:29pm

Tip of the day.

To level up you need to go get training at Bluespring's.  The location is based on your race.  Its always in your home town.

Most things are in one place and they don't move.  Some places, like the gardens or Draco's are in multiple places but you can't use them as short cuts.  Most places and many special encounters have special, variable effects.  (I hope you've discovered drinking by now.)  Mostly the effect is a buff which raises your attack or defense by a small percentage.

One very nice place is Heidi's.  On this server her place is in Romar. 
Always
visit heidi's. 
EVERY DAY
.  Even if you have used your travel and have to burn 1 turn, go to Romar before you are out of turns and burn a candle in her shop.  You lose one PvP for that day, but you get back 4 turns.  So worst case you are burning a turn to get get 4. Even if you then burn another to go back where you were, you've traded 2 turns for 4.  Sometimes 5.

For me, I now get 4 travel a day so I wake up in my home city (use some turns if I am close to leveling and then train), go to the big city for some booze and then back to romar.  There I use up my turns in the forest.  Then I go to heidi's for 4 turns, go back to the big city for booze, and back to my home city where I finish off my turns.

IP Logged

Ancient Goat
Townfolk

"Old School"

NOLA
Reply #6 - Jun 10th, 2009 at 11:11pm

I tried training twice...but can't defeat the master.  The only thing I'm able to buy is a rake.  Is this the only way to level up?  Maybe I should hunt a little more...but, my exp is higher than the required level.

Need money, weapons, and clothes.

My life turns into sand...Immortality is my dream...Man shall follow my command...Sorcery shall conquer my fear!

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #7 - Jun 10th, 2009 at 11:25pm

I will start sending you a little money when I can.  It limits what you can send to each other based on their level.

As you get higher level (more dragon kills) you can buy weapons less often but basically the strategy is this:

Try to buy weapon and armor every 2 or 3 levels.  Don't buy the fork (or what ever weapon 4 is) if you have the spoon (weapon 3).    The resale value is low enough that if you upgrade your weapon as often as you can, you will lose a lot of gold.

For fighting your master I find when you start off you really need to have a weapon and armor at least his level.  At low levels this can really make it hard to beat him if your weapon is weaker than you.

So when you are level 2 you want to have at least a 4 attack and 4 defense when you fight him.

In practice what I do is stay level 1 as long as possible.  This means a good chance of flawless fights so extra fights and healing is free so all the gold you get you keep.  Once you go to level 2 you have to pay to heal and sometimes that means you spend more than you make so you never get the better weapon.

The good news is if you can save enough for the better weapon and armor you will do more damage faster so you take less and you block more so you take less so you keep more of the gold.   Then you level up and it equalizes again.

Also I find its better to have the best weapon you can afford and no armor.   So when I start at level 1 I go fight a little and bank the gold after every fight.   Once I have enough to get a level 3 weapon I get it. Then I bank until I can get the level 3 armor.   Then I bank until I can get the level 6 weapon.  And so forth.

Since you (goat) are still level one take advantage of the free healing.  Do a regular fight (L), heal for free, and bank.  Keep doing that and save for a really good weapon.  Eventually you will beat your master.  Then fight and bank until you get the match level defense.  Then fight and bank until your level is the same as the weapon then take that gold and hopefully get at least a level 4 weapon.

The warrior list says you are on the isle of wen.  Can you find a bar.  If so, try buying some booze and see if that helps you fight.

Do you have any gems?   Buy a stallion once you get to 16.  He will buff your combat.  Done get the pony or gelding.

Go the outhouse every day and pay the 5 gold.  Sometimes you get a gem.

IP Logged

Ancient Goat
Townfolk

"Old School"

NOLA
Reply #8 - Jun 11th, 2009 at 6:35am

So far...no bars.  No gems.  But, I think the weapons your getting are different from mine...as well as clothing.  None that you mentioned are on my list....or not yet at least.  I'll keep fighting and raising money.  The healing is pretty cheap, but I haven't really needed it yet.

My life turns into sand...Immortality is my dream...Man shall follow my command...Sorcery shall conquer my fear!

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #9 - Jun 11th, 2009 at 6:39am

I was using generic names for weapons and armor because what you get does change every level.  But the effect doesn't change.  You have 15 levels.  There are 15 levels of weapons.  Its level is its bonus.

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #10 - Jun 12th, 2009 at 9:06pm

Gems.

Gems are cool.  You can trade gems to Cedric for nice effects.  When you have a few gems, try that out.

I'd never trade for charm.  I am sure some stuff is affected by charm but if you play the game a lot, you will do other things that raise your charm.  Right now, I am the most charming in the nuclearweasel install and I don't do stuff to raise charm.

I also never give gems to foilwench or the fairy in the forest.  It will raise your effective magic level but only for that dragon kill so eventually, you lose the gain.  Otherwise, it would be worth it.  Before your first kill or two it might be worth it, but not later.

Gems are mostly used to buy permanent effects.  Mounts.  Mounts are good.  There are also followers but I'd never got one.  I'd never get a mercenary.  Again, its temporary.  I am not sure about followers.

Tatoos.  Gems will buy you a tatoo.  I wont tell you what tatoos do but its a big effect that happens occasionally.  When it happens, you will know.  And up to 10 (I think) do something.  I will get tatoos when I can.  Eventually I will get all of them. 

Jewelry.  I don't think this copy has the mod to let you get jewelry but you can buy jewelry with gems.  Essentially, jewelry is just a compact form of gems.  You can sell it back to gems at a loss.  I would advise getting it unless there is later something you can buy with hundreds of gems.  Jewelry is bling so you can show off to your friends in the game if you compete for useless goals and its a way to hide gems.

Why would you hide gems?  There is a monster that likes gems.  It will steal them from you if you have too many.  That makes it hard to horde them unless you are good enough to kick its butt.

Go to the bathroom everyday.  On this version your bladder is tracked (which I never saw before) so you do it anyway.  Sometimes when you go, you will get a gem.  There is a woman in the city that will sometimes just hand you one.  But mostly you get them when you kill creatures.  Like gold, its random.

There is one race that has a higher chance of getting them.  Once you get 5 or 8 or some number of dragon kills you can get a cat person.  Feylyne or something like that.  They get gems much faster.

IP Logged

Ancient Goat
Townfolk

"Old School"

NOLA
Reply #11 - Jun 14th, 2009 at 6:58am

I'm getting a better understanding of where to go now.

Got 2 gems today.  Drained the bladder and took a bath.

Almost got wiped out by a hippie (or something unexpected like that)...but, I'm back up to strength and buying better weapons and armor.

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #12 - Jun 14th, 2009 at 8:03am

Yeah, the key to the game is to setup a pattern and do the same thing every day.  Then try something small thats different every day.

When I am a troll I waeke up in troll town, fight if I am close to a level and level up.  Then I go to the capital city to drink and then to romar.  I fight there until I am out of turns then I burn a candle.  Then I go back to the capital city, get more to drink, then back to troll city.

When I feel like something different I go to polarwhatever then romar, then capital city and home or to one of the other citys for the first stop to see if anything is new or to try the different things there.

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #13 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 2:55am

Feel free to ask questions if you have any.

IP Logged

Ancient Goat
Townfolk

"Old School"

NOLA
Reply #14 - Jun 17th, 2009 at 4:53am

So, any clue about the chicken egg or little chicken?  Worth the money and gems?

What are it's special abilities, if any?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print