Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Gaming Conventions (Read 423 times)
Red Priest
Adventurer

I'm after rebellion; I'll
settle for lies.

Gaming Conventions
Jun 2nd, 2008 at 9:02pm

Liam wrote on May 30th, 2008 at 9:40pm:
Start a new thread and speak of these LGGC and Bayou War cons.  When are they, why would I go, etc?

Ask, and receive.

The Lake Geneva Gaming Convention (Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register) is just in it's 4th year, and it's a renewal of the famous Lake Geneva, WI gaming conventions.  Sadly, and obviously, EGG will not be attending this year.  It's a shame, because there was a Porch Party at EGG's house on the evening before the start of the official con every year.

Troll Lord Games sponsors the con, and there is much OD&D, AD&D and Chainmail goodness to be had.  Lots of other gaming as well, but you can bet there's nary a 3.x game anywhere to be had (and don't even embarass yourself by mentioning 4.0).  Other than EGG, other notables that attend are Tim Kask, Frank Mentzer, Tom Wham (that's Tom FREAKIN' Wham!!!), Jim Ward and Jeff "Chainmail" Perrin.

Anyone who gives a hoot about OOP D&D should try to make it at least one year.  Sadly, the chance to meet EGG there is gone, but the others are really great to meet as well.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register (been around about 15 or more years) is a local gaming convention that will be the same weekend in June as LGGC.  This is first and foremost an historical miniatures gaming convention, but often there will be board wargames as well.  The past couple or so years have seen the inclusion of D&D minis as well.  You won't find any roleplaying games at Bayou Wars.  Even if you don't usually play historical miniatures wargames, this is still a very cool con for gamers.  Anyone can sign up to play in just about any of the games, and it's quite an eyeful to just view.

Then there's the new Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register.  It's held at the D-Day museum downtown, and debuted just last August.  They will hold it again this year.  This con is dedicated solely to WWII wargames.  It includes both minis and boardgames.

If you fancy yourself a strategist or tactician, then you'd have a blast at Bayou Wars and/or Heat of Battle.

"Guaranteed by Dr Tarr and Professor Fether"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print