Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
BabelCon 2008 (Read 5850 times)
Ancient Goat
Townfolk

"Old School"

NOLA
Re: BabelCon 2008
Reply #15 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 10:04pm

Is anyone here going to this besides the Halfling?

My life turns into sand...Immortality is my dream...Man shall follow my command...Sorcery shall conquer my fear!

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #16 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 11:07pm

I don't think I am.   I don't get much out of cons since ebay became popular.   I used to go to cons before ebay because on the last day merchants would sell off inventory, esp. old out of print stuff, real real cheap because they didn't want to lug it home and put it on the shelf for another year.  Now all that stuff is collectable and sells for a premium.

I know there are other reasons to go to a con but none of them attract me.  I prefer long term games over one shots and meeting 'celebs' does little for me.  I don't begrudge anyone else who goes but I have too much going on to do the con thing.  If I have the time to do it, I will do some table top instead.

I intended to go to NOLA con since it was so much closer but I didn't make that so driving 1.5 hours each way isn't likely for me.

IP Logged

Bayou Halfling
Adventurer

There be dragons here...

Baton Rouge, LA
Reply #17 - May 27th, 2008 at 7:10am

Our New Science & Fandom Groups

Science Discussion:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Fandom Discussion:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Red Priest
Adventurer

I'm after rebellion; I'll
settle for lies.

Reply #18 - May 30th, 2008 at 9:01pm

Our household may go.  I have to skip both LGGC and Bayou Wars this year, so this is looking like a good backup gaming con* for me.  I like to bring the old board games out at the cons.  If I attend, you can be sure I'll also be bringing some original D&D and/or AD&D goodness with me.

Not that BabelCon isn't a good con in it's own right, but LGGC and Bayou Wars are hardcore gaming cons.

"Guaranteed by Dr Tarr and Professor Fether"

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #19 - May 30th, 2008 at 9:40pm

Start a new thread and speak of these LGGC and Bayou War cons.  When are they, why would I go, etc?

IP Logged

Bayou Halfling
Adventurer

There be dragons here...

Baton Rouge, LA
Reply #20 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 10:50pm

We're going to be TV advertising in about a month, and we are in the process of creating the TV ad itself.  This is a "concept" version of the ad, not the final version - or even a first draft.  But you can get the idea of the format from it.  Obviously, we'll be adding our main guests and whatnot for the final version.  Suggestions are welcome.

Here is the Link: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Its a tad grainy because of YouTube's compression, but the original is in HD format.

IP Logged

Bayou Halfling
Adventurer

There be dragons here...

Baton Rouge, LA
Reply #21 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 5:17pm

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

The hotel cutoff date for the reduced BabelCon convention rate is Wednesday, June 18th.

You must use the oh-zero-two (O02) code by then, or lose the discount. The direct hotel number is 1-800-678-4065.

"You snooze, you lose!"

IP Logged

Bayou Halfling
Adventurer

There be dragons here...

Baton Rouge, LA
Reply #22 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 7:24pm

We are asking everyone that attends the next public BabelCon meeting (June 29th), to please bring a costume to wear.  We're going to film some *brief* footage for the BabelCon TV commercial, of people gaming, and we need people wearing costumes to be in the scene.

Its okay if you don't want to participate, or don't want to wear a costume - this is just a request. The meeting will go on as normal. We have a lot to cover and finalize, as you might imagine.

The meeting is at the normal time and place, at 2:30 pm at the Jones Creek Library, 6222 Jones Creek Rd., Baton Rouge (meeting room 1).

IP Logged

Bayou Halfling
Adventurer

There be dragons here...

Baton Rouge, LA
Reply #23 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 7:05pm

My fellow scientists, ladies, gentlemen and members of the worldwide press, allow me to introduce THE CONSORTIUM OF GENIUS in their first appearance at BabelCon.  Soon their name will be a household word. Why?
Because since 1996 they have been devoting all their time, talent, and obvious good looks, into the single-minded pursuit of TAKING OVER THE WORLD. Except for that one time they attempted to destroy the world... but I digress.

Deep within their secret lair, three mad scientists and one smart-alecky robot are hatching an evil plot: TO ROCK the EARTH into OBLIVION!

Learn more about their WORLD DOMINATION plans here:

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #24 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 8:52pm

So.... you're the robot?    Grin

IP Logged

Jaeger
Townfolk

west bank
Reply #25 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 9:50pm

I saw these guys play after Rock City Morgue at One-Eyed Jacks a few months ago.  They had some major technical problems with their projector, and so they basically sucked.  It was painful to watch.

That said, their schtick is kind of amusing when it's working.  The robot drummer is projected on the back screen during the actual songs which seemed to make up only a tiny percent of their show, the rest being on-stage antics and lots of pre-filmed footage.  Too much schtick and too little music for my tastes, but I'm sure they're a lot better when their pre-filmed portions aren't blinking in for one minute and then out for five.

IP Logged

Bayou Halfling
Adventurer

There be dragons here...

Baton Rouge, LA
Reply #26 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 5:04am

Liam wrote on Jun 25th, 2008 at 8:52pm:
So.... you're the robot?    Grin

Eep, orp, oop, ah ha

IP Logged

Bayou Halfling
Adventurer

There be dragons here...

Baton Rouge, LA
Reply #27 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 5:05am

Quote:
I saw these guys play after Rock City Morgue at One-Eyed Jacks a few months ago.  They had some major technical problems with their projector, and so they basically sucked.  It was painful to watch.

That said, their schtick is kind of amusing when it's working.  The robot drummer is projected on the back screen during the actual songs which seemed to make up only a tiny percent of their show, the rest being on-stage antics and lots of pre-filmed footage.  Too much schtick and too little music for my tastes, but I'm sure they're a lot better when their pre-filmed portions aren't blinking in for one minute and then out for five.

Yeah, they mentioned that fiasco.  They supposedly got some new equipment since then, so hopefully they'll be their normal kick ass selves.  If not, Figrin D'an is the backup DJ.

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #28 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 11:18am

Bayou Halfling wrote on Jun 26th, 2008 at 5:04am:
Liam wrote on Jun 25th, 2008 at 8:52pm:
So.... you're the robot?    Grin

Eep, orp, oop, ah ha

Eep, op, ork, ah ah.
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2008 at 3:56pm by Liam »  

IP Logged

Ancient Goat
Townfolk

"Old School"

NOLA
Reply #29 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 5:58am

I see these guys every year at House of Shock.  COG always puts on a good show...at HOS, that is.

My life turns into sand...Immortality is my dream...Man shall follow my command...Sorcery shall conquer my fear!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print