Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Game stores in NO (Read 8496 times)
Red Priest
Adventurer

I'm after rebellion; I'll
settle for lies.

Re: Game stores in NO
Reply #30 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 6:51pm

It moved to Kenner.  Somewhere on Williams Blvd, IIRC.

"Guaranteed by Dr Tarr and Professor Fether"

IP Logged

humboldtscott
Broadmoor DM
Broadmoor

New Orleans, LA
Reply #31 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 8:33pm

If someone wanted to print out some of those posters advertising the site, I'd be happy to put them up around the UNO campus and my hood (the broadmoor). I could meet up with you somewhere, wonderful posessor of printer and ink.

Just about ready to start a table (finally). We got a physical table, the apartment is nearly fully furnished. So I'd like to generate some more users of the site.

IP Logged

SombreNote DM
Stark DM
ShadowRun B
Kallistier
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
WhatNot
Enlightened
Esplanade

The DM

Ann Arbor, MI
Reply #32 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 8:58pm

That is the plan. We have some graphics from the Goat as well to use in the poster. All we are waiting for I think is a domain name change.

IP Logged

humboldtscott
Broadmoor DM
Broadmoor

New Orleans, LA
Reply #33 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 10:57pm

Cool. I've been a little out of the loop, as I've been pretty overwhelmed with school, my fiancee arriving, furnishing our new house, looking for a job, voodoo fest, Halloween, etc.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #34 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 4:13pm

You recall correctly. It moved to a strip mall near a pizza place and nearby pool hall bar. 2424 williams I think. (between vets and west esplande) You can miss it .. no signage yet. Closed Tuesdays.

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

Cybrludite
Rune Bound

I want my baby back, baby
back, baby back ribs!

Under your bed, with a knife
Reply #35 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 10:44pm

Hell, I was a regular there before they started turning into the new Wargames & Fantasy, and I can't get the time of day from them. Roll Eyes Sod 'em. They don't want my money, I'll give it direct to the gaming companies via the web. No skin off my backside.

"If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right!" - Chris Thomas King
IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #36 - May 19th, 2009 at 6:51pm

Just wanted to report I had a positive experience at Galactic recently. Discussion of new products, expressed interest in my project, useful suggestions, all in all A+. I think that the store may have been suffering from the fact that they hired gamers who (lets be honest) arent always known for their stellar interpersonal skills. That and the fact that the gamers in question needed to be the type whom working in retail seemed a viable option. Not saying working in a game store wouldnt be a fun job just dont think it could pay the bills. Still the owner was in the place and that make a difference I think.

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

SombreNote DM
Stark DM
ShadowRun B
Kallistier
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
WhatNot
Enlightened
Esplanade

The DM

Ann Arbor, MI
Reply #37 - May 19th, 2009 at 9:55pm

I am glad they might be learning there.

The one time I had a good experience I was talking to the owner. He seemed to be the only person who could help me with my questions, and talk to me about what I was interested in. The gamers they hire there are not salesmen or even... social half the time.

I think he would do a good job hiring a salesmen, during peak hours who games. And let antisocial gamers tend the table while it is slow.

I would like see them carry a lot more as well. I was not very happy with their selection.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #38 - May 20th, 2009 at 5:48pm

Yeah I understand about the inventory observation. Sadly when they moved they got to experience the downside moving or liquidating large amount of inventory. It just reminds an owner how much better they commercial enterprise could be doing. Still and engaging sales force who understands what customers want help eliminate the difficulties in buying stock to begin with...Ahhh we've come full circle.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print