Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
AD&D Game Opening Soon (Read 3402 times)
Karloff
Townfolk

I Love YaBB 2!

Westbank (Harvey)
AD&D Game Opening Soon
Feb 26th, 2008 at 2:33am

Game Opening Soon.

System: Custom Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (AD&D)
Theme : Custom Forgotten Realms, Spelljammer, Planescape (w/ traditional settings)
Gaming: Custom spell progression for all spellcasting classes, custom classes with
              traditional classes as well, many playable races from custom to traditional.

Offer:   I offer and want a stress free gaming environment. There is no reason a few
          people can’t get together a night a week and have some geek fun. My games
          are full of history, character depth and character evolution. Also my games
          are full of riddles, puzzles, intrigue, bedazzlement, and roleplay.

You:     What you should bring is the following: imagination, fun, humor, an open
           mind and the willingness to have fun. I don’t care how old you are, what
           your roleplay background is, or what your used too. Be mature enough to
           know when you will win and when you will lose. (There is always retreat )

Goal:    To have an ongoing, outstanding, gaming experience. To be enriched within
           fantasy world, as well as fantasy play. To grow and learn, personally and 
           character wise, and not to mention have TONS of fun.

Players:  Currently I have 2 players and looking to increase slightly, perhaps to a
             max of 6 but not needed. All those interested in playing will be considered.
             Please keep in mind, you experience with roleplay or lack there of does not
             reflect the gameplay.

About me:   I have dungeon master for over 10 years and player more then 12 years.
                 I am well versed in AD&D and have may changes to benefit play for the
                 player and myself. If you wish to know more, just ask.

Location:     Currently the game is to take place at my house on the westbank. Though
                 as players increase, another place can be chosen or selected. Based on
                 group opinion.

Time:   Currently, the game as yet to start, but we will be looking for once a week.
          Perhaps, Saturday or Sunday, during the day to late afternoon. As of now,
          no specific time is set in stone, but those are the days available.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here, or email me directly to
karloff_klexion@ yahoo.com

Thanks
Sean (Gaming AKA Karloff Klexion)

karloff_klexion  
IP Logged

Karloff
Townfolk

I Love YaBB 2!

Westbank (Harvey)
Re: AD&D Game Opening Soon
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2008 at 8:55pm

Had our first gaming session yesterday. The story has built suspense and confusion all at the same time.

At the moment there is 4 peeps playing. Still have room for 2 more who wish to have a fun experience. Session will be on the weekends, either saturday and/or sunday.

Have any questions? Email me at karloff_klexion@yahoo.com

Gaming Fun Fun

Sean (aka Karloff Klexion)

karloff_klexion  
IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 5:33am

Offer one of your players an xp bonus each week if he posts a log of the night's session.

It might help get attention for your game and if nothing else, will help bring newbies up to speed when they join.

IP Logged

Karloff
Townfolk

I Love YaBB 2!

Westbank (Harvey)
Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2008 at 4:45pm

Not a good idea, mainly because I have written the history for the world. Each character has a detailed character history that interacts with the current world and changes as gameplay continues. Also if a new character wishes to hear of the adventures before his/her arrival, that is a roleplay moment, so the player characters can boast about what they have done in the roleplay enviroment. Of course some may wish to omit a few details because of failure and/or embarrassment.

Not to mention the story changes as the characters interact with the game world.

Currently I am working on adding another person to the group which make 5 including myself. His character has yet to be created but when his character is created I will update the board as per what classes and races of characters they are currently playing.

Thanks
Sean (Karloff Klexion)

karloff_klexion  
IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #4 - Mar 12th, 2008 at 7:03pm

Have you read the game log for the stark game?   There are lots of details left out.  Its supposed to be just what new characters would learn when the party sits at the campfire at night and it doesn't preclude role playing the telling of special stories.  But whatever.

IP Logged

Karloff
Townfolk

I Love YaBB 2!

Westbank (Harvey)
Reply #5 - Mar 14th, 2008 at 5:54am

I have read some of the game logs, some are rather detailed. My games the character has his/her own background. When added to the game, the history of the character allows for easy adding. Now why/how would a player know what the group as done, or what they haven't unless they ask them. The new player should have no knowledge as to what this group as done until one they either have spied on them from afar, through divination, or asking them.

Game logs takes the roleplay from the players. Even the slightest detail could ruin the suspense or intrigue. Not to mention all the players have there own version of the game, since they each have there own goals and outlooks. So one story would/could differ from another player.

Here is the update as promised:

Currently there are 4 players within the group and then myself as DM. The characters are listed below.

Half-Drow Ninja/Scrivener (Specialty Priest of Thoth, of the Mulhorandi Pantheon)
Halfling     Arcane Archer
Tiefling     Geo-Ranger/Earth Elementalist (Tiefling blood is of Tanar'ri descent)
Human      Thief/Alchemist

I think we have room for one more and that should be the limit. Two may be pushing it but I suppose is possible. But for a group of four will be just as fun.

Any questions feel free to contact me. Have fun and happy gaming all.

Sean (Karloff Klexion)

karloff_klexion  
IP Logged

Karloff
Townfolk

I Love YaBB 2!

Westbank (Harvey)
Reply #6 - Mar 28th, 2008 at 5:25am

Update:

Thanks to all that applied for the game, but the group decided on one final person to join.

Character: Aranea Wizard/Fighter (Aranea is a spider lycanthrope)

I currently have no more room in my living room for extra bodies. This may change in the future but unfortunately space limits the people able to join. I'm sorry for all who applied that I am unable to add.

However in the future I may put together another campaign together for those who are  interested, being a completely different setting of course. Feel free to keep in touch and I will keep the board updated with the current group.

Sorry again to those I am unable to add, I did not except such a large number to contact me.

Thanks guys.

Keep on gaming!

Sean (Karloff Klexion)
karloff_klexion@yahoo.com

karloff_klexion  
IP Logged

Karloff
Townfolk

I Love YaBB 2!

Westbank (Harvey)
Reply #7 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 1:30am

Update:

Here I thought I had a closed games, lol.

New Addition: Aasimar Bard (Aasimar plane-touched of a Deva, raise by the Ravenloft Vistani)

With new people coming to watch and have fun it's getting harder and harder to keep a closed game. I need a bigger house!

Figured I would update ya'll

Have fun and keep gaming.
Sean (Karloff Klexion)

karloff_klexion  
IP Logged

Karloff
Townfolk

I Love YaBB 2!

Westbank (Harvey)
Reply #8 - Jun 2nd, 2008 at 9:12am

Update:

Sadly one of our players has moved back home to Shreveport and will be unable to attend anymore games.

The Halfling Arcane Archer is now a retired adventurer serving as a trainer of archery, within the great Kara-Tur city of Winzo. 

So specifically I have a single spot available to those that are still interested. Granted your characters history will more then likely be a book and a half ( Grin) but its all about the fun. Same terms from the original post still apply.

Sean (Karloff)

karloff_klexion  
IP Logged

Fat Irish
Broadmoor

<><

Gentilly Woods
Reply #9 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 9:58pm

Is that spot still open. I'd be interested in joining. When and where is the game?

IP Logged

Karloff
Townfolk

I Love YaBB 2!

Westbank (Harvey)
Reply #10 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 1:02am

Indeed there is always a spot open for well deserved players. I sent you email back roughly about 2 weeks ago with no reply.

So there is no confusion, the game session is faaaaaaar into the story (because we have been playing nearly a year). Though I am not opposed to adding more players, the only way I could introduce someone into the game is as a henchmen to a current PC. Not only would this be entertaining on both ends, but fun for the whole family. Tongue

Remember henchmen do grow as players do, so don't think you would be at a disadvantage. Roleplaying has its advantages.

Sean (Karloff)

karloff_klexion  
IP Logged

Fat Irish
Broadmoor

<><

Gentilly Woods
Reply #11 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 4:18pm

Yeah, sorry about that. I've been waiting to see if another opportunity would pan out. I joined a game in Broadmore, and right now I just don't have time to play more than one day a week. Sorry.

IP Logged

SombreNote DM
Stark DM
ShadowRun B
Kallistier
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
WhatNot
Enlightened
Esplanade

The DM

Ann Arbor, MI
Reply #12 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 6:19pm

Broadmore? How did you find out about the table in Broadmore? It is our goal in this forum to create and build a community of gamers in order to promote the hobby and gather, and table prospective gamers more easily.

Roleplayers and the masses of geekdom are quickly filtering into games like world of Warcraft, and the like. We encourage people in the New Olreans area to join our forums even if they already have a game, and keeping the community posted. An Individual Keeping us apprised of what is going on with themselves,  their table, or just talking about whatever topic the topic of the day is, can help us develop our gaming community.

So I would I encourage you to talk to anyone you know who game and get them register and part of this forum.

Thank you.

IP Logged

humboldtscott
Broadmoor DM
Broadmoor

New Orleans, LA
Reply #13 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 8:17pm

SombreNote:
It's "my" game in the broadmoor. Duly posted on the board - heck I've been promoting it for months, trying to get a qorum of regular committed players. If you missed it, you just haven't been reading.

IP Logged

SombreNote DM
Stark DM
ShadowRun B
Kallistier
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
WhatNot
Enlightened
Esplanade

The DM

Ann Arbor, MI
Reply #14 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 2:49am

I am just a dipstick. Don't mind me.

And hey! Took you long enough to reply.

I have moved to Minneapolis anyways, so I am out of the picture.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print