Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I'm on Wikipedia?! (Read 1064 times)
Bayou Halfling
Adventurer

There be dragons here...

Baton Rouge, LA
I'm on Wikipedia?!
Feb 11th, 2008 at 5:54pm

...or something similar.  No one could be less deserving!  LOL

Here is the link:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Its very detailed. They did a better job than I could have done. Some people sure have a lot of time on their hands.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Re: I'm on Wikipedia?!
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2008 at 6:11pm

Like all wiki pages, the edit history is interesting.  Never read a wiki page without reading the edit history.

IP Logged

Bayou Halfling
Adventurer

There be dragons here...

Baton Rouge, LA
Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2008 at 4:17am

Liam wrote on Feb 11th, 2008 at 6:11pm:
Like all wiki pages, the edit history is interesting.  Never read a wiki page without reading the edit history.

Yeah, its pretty bizarre.  Ever since I got a restraining order against Teri she's been after me on the net under this Quode/Ken persona.  Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.  They say in Hollywood that you're nobody unless you have a stalker. Personally, I could do without one.   Huh  Although, oddly enough, everytime she makes a big stink the sales of my book go up... so its hard to be too mad at her.

I was asked by the admin to come check out the article for errors, but I've been avoiding stepping into the fray. That only emboldens her.

IP Logged

Red Priest
Adventurer

I'm after rebellion; I'll
settle for lies.

Reply #3 - Feb 28th, 2008 at 9:47pm

Sir, I don't know you, but must congratulate you on two accomplishments.

First, you're in a photograph along with Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson.  To me, the amazing thing about the photo is that the later two are sitting next to each other, and actually still smilingWink

Second, I'd like to congratulate you on being removed from a position by the Coast Con governing committee.  I don't know what you did, but you must have been a bad, bad boy.  I was a yearly con attendee from '81 until about '95 (ya know, the Con's heyday), and was an active general member and a perennial game master from the late '80s to '95.  I recall spending many a Sunday afternoon (last Con day) in frustration at the antics going on at the general membership meetings.  I took a 10 year break from the Con until 2005, and when I returned to it that year, I was shocked at how tiny it had become.  I don't have to guess how that happened.  I skipped '06 (the first post-Katrina) and returned in '07 and plan on attending this year.  These days, I'm "just" an attendee.  Hopefully, I'll see some of the gamers here, there.

regards,
Rob

"Guaranteed by Dr Tarr and Professor Fether"

IP Logged

Bayou Halfling
Adventurer

There be dragons here...

Baton Rouge, LA
Reply #4 - Mar 5th, 2008 at 1:23pm

Red Priest wrote on Feb 28th, 2008 at 9:47pm:
Second, I'd like to congratulate you on being removed from a position by the Coast Con governing committee.  I don't know what you did, but you must have been a bad, bad boy.  I was a yearly con attendee from '81 until about '95 (ya know, the Con's heyday), and was an active general member and a perennial game master from the late '80s to '95.  I recall spending many a Sunday afternoon (last Con day) in frustration at the antics going on at the general membership meetings.  I took a 10 year break from the Con until 2005, and when I returned to it that year, I was shocked at how tiny it had become.  I don't have to guess how that happened.  I skipped '06 (the first post-Katrina) and returned in '07 and plan on attending this year.  These days, I'm "just" an attendee.  Hopefully, I'll see some of the gamers here, there.

ROFLMAO!  Petty bickering and infighting made my leaving a mutual decision.  I never met so many dysfunctional people in one place in my entire life.  Thankfully, now I am on the board of directors of BabelCon, and these people are not only functional, but never bicker - petty or otherwise - and they are pagmatists, and have a strong work ethic, a rare quality in the deep south.   Huh

IP Logged

Bayou Halfling
Adventurer

There be dragons here...

Baton Rouge, LA
Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2008 at 1:26pm

Red Priest wrote on Feb 28th, 2008 at 9:47pm:
First, you're in a photograph along with Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson.  To me, the amazing thing about the photo is that the later two are sitting next to each other, and actually still smiling

It was a miracle of the primordial Internet.  In the beginning, only 2% of the population had e-mail.  Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson, being geeks like me, were among those people.  I was able to easily contact them via e-mail, and ask them to be on a panel about Greyhawk.  They agreed, and without realizing it I made history.  Too bad it will never happen again.  That makes me sad.

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #6 - Mar 5th, 2008 at 4:19pm

Bayou Halfling wrote on Mar 5th, 2008 at 1:23pm:
and have a strong work ethic, a rare quality in the deep south.   Huh

I think I find that insulting.

IP Logged

Bayou Halfling
Adventurer

There be dragons here...

Baton Rouge, LA
Reply #7 - Mar 6th, 2008 at 5:43pm

Liam wrote on Mar 5th, 2008 at 4:19pm:
Bayou Halfling wrote on Mar 5th, 2008 at 1:23pm:
and have a strong work ethic, a rare quality in the deep south.   Huh

I think I find that insulting.

Not if you're one of the rare ones, LOL.  I was born and raised in the deep south, and I've lived in the north and the east. Sadly, the worh ethic in the deep south is, ON AVERAGE, less than other places. Take it for what it is - an observation. Some people would look on that as a positive, southerners being more "down home" and always read to "pass a good time".

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print