Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Hello all (Read 2756 times)
Karloff
Townfolk

I Love YaBB 2!

Westbank (Harvey)
Re: Hello all
Reply #15 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 5:22pm

Sooo thats a no?

karloff_klexion  
IP Logged

SombreNote DM
Stark DM
ShadowRun B
Kallistier
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
WhatNot
Enlightened
Esplanade

The DM

Ann Arbor, MI
Reply #16 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 6:18pm

o i did not say that. Ken what do you think?

IP Logged

Kinthar
Stark player
Staff
oldEsplanade

|:

Reply #17 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 6:36pm

Busy day at work, not much time to do the forum.   I will go back and read/reply late toight.

But.... joining the game is up to "The DM" since its his game and house we play at.  And each player has veto power if someone rubs them the wrong way.  That's just the table rule.  I don't have an objection and another person that might run games would be a good thing.   It would be more fun to argue game system mechanics and flaws in person anyway.   Grin

My only warning would be if you joined the backup game you'd have to realize its a high level gross game and not our usual stuff.   (That's the Hell's Angels section on this forum.)

I think it would be good to have another body in the regular game.   We have Bob starting in January but I think there is room for 2 more.

IP Logged

Karloff
Townfolk

I Love YaBB 2!

Westbank (Harvey)
Reply #18 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 7:27pm

Ya know, none of that really answers the question of compromise I asked Cheesy

karloff_klexion  
IP Logged

SombreNote DM
Stark DM
ShadowRun B
Kallistier
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
WhatNot
Enlightened
Esplanade

The DM

Ann Arbor, MI
Reply #19 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 7:59pm

Well I was enjoying the discussion and I would not mind that continuing off the forum. I was just thinking Karloff could bring some of his old books and show us what he is taking about, and we could show him what we are talking about, so that we could get to the nature of the problem.

The only reason i suggest this is because I surmise that we are agreeing as to how the game should look, and balance (with only tinny differences). We just have differing opinions on how this should be done. And if me and Ken, were to be able to show how the 3.5e system works as well or even better then the AD&D system to accomplish this, you might be able to start DMing again in a system that people will actually play.

This would be good for the you, and this would be good for the re-awaking gaming community of New Orleans, to which this site is partly dedicated to rebuilding.

IP Logged

Kinthar
Stark player
Staff
oldEsplanade

|:

Reply #20 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 8:03pm

I thought he asked if I objected to you joining... but as I said, I didn't read the few posts before this one closely yet.

What's your question?

IP Logged

SombreNote DM
Stark DM
ShadowRun B
Kallistier
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
WhatNot
Enlightened
Esplanade

The DM

Ann Arbor, MI
Reply #21 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 8:36pm

O yeah. Like your opinion matters. hehe

IP Logged

Karloff
Townfolk

I Love YaBB 2!

Westbank (Harvey)
Reply #22 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 8:44pm

Ya know, I was bored and I decided to go look through a few of my books. I also have a 3.5 players handbook, which i got with a bundle of books when I got a few books from ebay. Anyway I was looking at Player's Option: Combat & Tactics. I made some very interesting finds. The combat system in 3.5 and that optional book are nearly the same. Though granted still different because of the saving throws and armor class system but nearly almost the same as far as combat goes. Even the deity books I have allow for more indepth roleplaying for priest, when a wide range of gods. Even the gods have mainly changed from 3.0 - 3.5 and I don't even know the story "how", lol.

As far as bringing my books, I have tons. I followed only certain parts of core rules and I can easily show you the changes I made. I am an rpg'er through and though. I've been player and even built and been an admin on both MUDS and MU. Mu is ... blah though. Anyway, I am quite sure we can come to a reasonable compromise that suits all involved.

As far as playing or DM'ing, I don't care honestly. But I think I need to see the 3.5 system actually working, considering I always like to make improvements.

Yes rebuilding the gaming community needs a HUGE lift, since katrina not many people have the time of day though. That seems to be the biggest problem for most people that want to play but can't.

Anyway, if you wanna talk gaming, lemme know I'll pm you my phone # and we can talk gaming.

Sean

karloff_klexion  
IP Logged

Kinthar
Stark player
Staff
oldEsplanade

|:

Reply #23 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 9:50pm

we could do lunch.
argue in person.
bring dice to see who wins.

IP Logged

Karloff
Townfolk

I Love YaBB 2!

Westbank (Harvey)
Reply #24 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 11:56pm

lunch and debating isn't a good match, people talk when mouth is full... food explodes in all directions..... tempers flare.... dice can't help that Cheesy

karloff_klexion  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print