Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FATE: The FUDGE Edition (Read 14353 times)
Adam
MGG

Mouse Guard

Slidell, LA
FATE: The FUDGE Edition
Oct 5th, 2010 at 2:54pm

Hey guys, I wanted to share this amazing system with everyone. I brought it up before when I was asking for advice on creating an Avatar: The Last Airbender campaign, but after reading through it a few times and test playing FATE at home in a few different genres, I had to mention it again.
The system is FATE, and is part of the open gaming license, so it can be downloaded for free from the company's website. We have all had discussions, online and within our own gaming circles, on how to encourage more RP over dice rolling, streamlining combat and challenge systems, and generally getting our heads out of the rules books. And boy does FATE deliver. According to the manual (there is only one and it is only 90 pages!) it assumes players have a general knowledge of the FUDGE system, but this is not as necissary as they make it sound. I encourage everyone to check it out, and please leave feedback after you have looked it over.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
(It's the FATE 2.0 Fudge Edition)

Being an Atheist doesn't mean I'm better than you. Statistically, it just means I'm smarter.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Re: FATE: The FUDGE Edition
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 9:40pm

The system does foster a good attitude towards the story though at a cost of the Crunch that so many gamers enjoy... Still if everyone is on the same page for expectations almost any rule system can work out. Glad you are enjoying some good times! Thanks for the report!

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print