Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Military Gamer says Hi finally (Read 814 times)
Gman
Townfolk

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Belle Chasse
Military Gamer says Hi finally
Aug 9th, 2010 at 9:59pm

So I've been hanging out for a few months, haven't really started a game nor joined one, imposed my lame opinions and commented infrequently, which means, it's time to officially say Hi.

Hi, I'm Gman, my RL nickname, I'm a 16+ year Army Vet, stationed @ NAS JRB New Orleans, which as most of you know, is in Belle Chasse.

I started playing D&D back in 1988/89ish, with the Basic Set, the red box that was the OD&D rules, Smiley.

I've essentially been playing ever since, with a break here & there, typically forging a gaming group everywhere I get stationed, and many of those former gaming friends I still keep in contact with, although there have been a few I was real happy to escape from too, Cheesy.

I've played OD&D, 2nd edition, 3rd, and 3.5.  I'm moving on into Pathfinder now I think, although not too quick b/c as I stated elsewhere, it's much more about the role playing for me anyways.

I love d20 Modern too, and have a game I started, and will resurrect again here soon using those rules, and I've toyed with Alternity, Gurps, Twilight2000 and a few other game systems I probably don't remember.

I've been married for 13 years, to my lovely wife who also plays, and has aspirations to DM eventually, Cheesy.  I have three kids, 13, 11 and almost 10.  I'm teaching all of 'em to game too of course.

I've ran the Realms extensively but probably love Mystara more.

That's all I got.

I hope to gain at least a gamer or two eventually to play with the family, but we'll see I guess...Belle Chasse turns out to be quite the drive for quite a few of those around these parts.

Gman gmanv4  
IP Logged

Kev
Esplanade
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
MGG
Stark II PC
WhatNot
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Rune Bound
Kallisti GM

Metairie, LA
Re: Military Gamer says Hi finally
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 12:14am

Well since you gave a belated intro I'll give a belated welcome.  It's cool that you have the whole family playing.  My wife has no interest and my oldest son is mildly interested but would rather do other things.  Recently got my 14 year old to playing and it has been pretty cool.

Anyway, nice to have ya aboard and thank you for your service.

Kev

IP Logged

michael
MGG

new orleans
Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 1:59am

good to meet ya

IP Logged

Adam
MGG

Mouse Guard

Slidell, LA
Reply #3 - Aug 27th, 2010 at 8:10pm

Hey Gman, we have talked once or twice. I would love to get together and game sometime. That drive to the Chasse is a PITA tho from up here in Slidell. Maybe it will all fall into place Smiley

Being an Atheist doesn't mean I'm better than you. Statistically, it just means I'm smarter.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print