Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for like-minded Geeks (Read 765 times)
jharris
Townfolk

You have a kind of sick
desperation in your laugh

new orleans
Looking for like-minded Geeks
Jul 21st, 2010 at 11:16pm

I have been out of the gaming world for a while and feel the need to re-enter a fictional society (that's not on a computer).  I am interested in AD&D (although I am a few revisions behind), World of Darkness (especially Vampire), Warhammer 40k RPG (any).  I am pretty open to any RPG and also into tabletop wargames esp. Warhammer 40k and Battletech.  Would love to find a group of mature intelligent people that are interested in creating cool stories and having a good time.

IP Logged

Kev
Esplanade
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
MGG
Stark II PC
WhatNot
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Rune Bound
Kallisti GM

Metairie, LA
Re: Looking for like-minded Geeks
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2010 at 5:14am

Hi JHarris and welcome to the NOLARPG forums.  I know there are quite a few games going but not to sure about open tables.  Red Priest runs a 1st ed AD&D game but I think his table is full.  Might want to get with him to see about getting in line for a spot.  There is a every other Saturday D&D4 meet-up game you can check with moyphotos about that.  I also know Adam is forming a group of North Shore gamers and a new member GlenC is on the West Bank looking for a group.

Just some initial thoughts but more may come out of the woodwork.

Again welcome and I hope you find a good place to spend some time here.

K

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2010 at 9:33pm

Hello Jharris, welcome as well!  We are having our normal 4th Edition game session & meetup this Saturday.  You are welcome to come on out and although you may be behind, revision wise, there are plenty who are quite familiar with the other versions from 1st through 3.5 and pathfinder (a.k.a. D&D version 3.75.) 

While watching and talking with us, you might be able to find someone locally who is looking for a game.  I find it best to come on out and meet the people face to face to get a feel how they game.

Galactic Goods Cards & Comics
343 West Esplanade Avenue
Kenner, LA 70065
504-466-8470

My group has 8 players right now but I also know that three of the players are looking to start a game on the alternate Saturday...we play every other week.  So come on out and introduce yourself as i am sure you will be able to find a game or people that you can start something.

Sean

IP Logged

jharris
Townfolk

You have a kind of sick
desperation in your laugh

new orleans
Reply #3 - Jul 23rd, 2010 at 11:19pm

thanks for the info, guys.  I am not able to make it this Saturday, but I will come by and check you guys out.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #4 - Jul 24th, 2010 at 5:06am

Sorry you can't come this week but maybe another time, keep posting up and we'll keep you in touch with what is going on...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print