Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hi All, new to the North Shore and looking to game (Read 1239 times)
Nomad
Townfolk

Mandeville
Hi All, new to the North Shore and looking to game
Jul 11th, 2010 at 3:50pm

Hi All,

Older gamer (43) in the process of relocating to the North Shore and was glad to see a vibrant looking board established and a new FLGS about to open.

My favorites are Traveller/Runequest/GURPS and 3rd edition/D20. Hopefully once all my gear arrives I can get together with some of you guys for some new campaigns.

Martin

IP Logged

Kev
Esplanade
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
MGG
Stark II PC
WhatNot
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Rune Bound
Kallisti GM

Metairie, LA
Re: Hi All, new to the North Shore and looking to game
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2010 at 4:38pm

Welcome aboard Nomad, glad you found us and a GURPS player at that.  If your looking for a game I think Adam is working on trying to get some Northshore stuff going.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #2 - Jul 14th, 2010 at 6:56pm

Hmm Northshore...... Traveller ......Runequest..... hmmm. There is some intrest brewing for a traveller game but not sure Northshore locations. Welcome aboard!

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

beyonder
Adventurer
Keeberon Player

I'm so green.

Uptown
Reply #3 - Jul 14th, 2010 at 7:18pm

Those are some intense systems, dude.  I look forward to seeing you on the forum, at the FLGS, or elsewhere.

On the topic of the new store, +1 Gaming: I've been following the website and things are shaping up to be pretty awesome.  Needless to say, I am stoked.

1433-05    (11abc dist, 3.9 mean)
Selected-By: Tim Chew <twchew@mindspring.com>

The Internet Oracle has pondered your question deeply. Your question was:
> Are there any games harder than Nethack?

And in response, thus spake the Oracle:
} Life is pretty tough, everyone I know ends up dying.
nieltown debestest  
IP Logged

Nomad
Townfolk

Mandeville
Reply #4 - Jul 14th, 2010 at 8:37pm

Thanks guys, yeah I've been gaming a long time and enjoy the old systems the best. That being said I also have many new ones too and have been collecting if not playing a whole host of different systems.

Most recently I picked up Eclipse Phase and was contemplating a conversion/combination of Traveller /2300AD/Eclipse Phase. Too many options not enough time to play them all. Sad

IP Logged

Adam
MGG

Mouse Guard

Slidell, LA
Reply #5 - Jul 16th, 2010 at 2:42pm

Hey Nomad,

I was trying to get a 4e D&D game going here on the Northshore in Slidell. So far I have two people interested, but we were waiting on at least one more before starting. I haven't played any of the games you mentioned above, but I wouldn't mind giving it a go. Message me back and let's work something out. Since there are no other games going on over here I am sure we can all agree to play something! lol

Being an Atheist doesn't mean I'm better than you. Statistically, it just means I'm smarter.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print