Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
*waves* (Read 723 times)
Zandrox
MGG

A wandering monster attacked
me.

*waves*
Jun 17th, 2010 at 7:18pm

Hi there.  Old time player here that hasn't played in a long time.  I'm looking at find a game either up on the north shore or out in Metarie.  Last time I played was a few years ago out in BR and the commute was just too much for me.  I am actually pretty happy to have found this board.  I had looked for something similar a few years ago and for some reason this didn't register.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Re: *waves*
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2010 at 9:27pm

Hello Mr. Old Timey! Welcome to the house of fun. Browse around I think there may be a couple games with seats open. Also Be aware of the meetup group which plays a game everyother saturday out at galatic goods. (I believe there is a weekly D&D encounters game there as well.)

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #2 - Jun 17th, 2010 at 10:05pm

@hewhorocks, Was that beware or be aware?  I just posted a message up for eveyone and a message back to Zandrox.  See you on Saturday.

IP Logged

Kev
Esplanade
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
MGG
Stark II PC
WhatNot
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Rune Bound
Kallisti GM

Metairie, LA
Reply #3 - Jun 17th, 2010 at 10:40pm

Welcome to the boards Zandrox.  I hope you find what your looking for here.  There are quite a few of us 'old timers' (although, I guess I might be a 'mid-timer' with starting RPGing with AD&D 1st Ed about 25 years ago).

hewhorocks wrote on Jun 17th, 2010 at 9:27pm:
(I believe there is a weekly D&D encounters game there as well.)

That is every other Saturday night starting at around 6pm.  The next encounters is this Saturday night continuing the season of Dark Sun.

IP Logged

Adam
MGG

Mouse Guard

Slidell, LA
Reply #4 - Jun 18th, 2010 at 4:38am

Welcome! Glad you found the site, and I fit into the "coming back after a long time" category. There are a ton of us on here like that. I suggest you check out the meetup group as well, but I have been looking to start a northshore game recently. If you are interested in getting something going up here PM me or email me at arb.mouser@gmail.com

If you email me, please remind me that you are responding from these forums so I know who you are.  Cheesy

Being an Atheist doesn't mean I'm better than you. Statistically, it just means I'm smarter.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print