Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
OMGWTFLMAO (Read 835 times)
Adam
MGG

Mouse Guard

Slidell, LA
OMGWTFLMAO
Jun 17th, 2010 at 4:11am

I haven't introduced myself on this page at all!
I am Adam, and I have joined the meetup group. They are awesome dudes (and dudettes). I live in Slidell and have just gotten back into gaming after a 10+ year break. Most people around here can relate. I am trying to be as active as I can and want to discuss if not participate in anything I can sink my teeth into right now. Glad to be here!  Cheesy

Being an Atheist doesn't mean I'm better than you. Statistically, it just means I'm smarter.

IP Logged

beyonder
Adventurer
Keeberon Player

I'm so green.

Uptown
Re: OMGWTFLMAO
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2010 at 4:37pm

Bro, you sound just like me last year. I hadn't played D&D in over 10 years. Then suddenly, out of nowhere, I started thinking about playing again, and after one just one session BOOM! my obsession had returned with full force.

I know we've communicated on the forum plenty already, but allow me to officially welcome you back to the world of tabletop gaming.

BTW, that A:TLAB module better kick my ass next Saturday!

1433-05    (11abc dist, 3.9 mean)
Selected-By: Tim Chew <twchew@mindspring.com>

The Internet Oracle has pondered your question deeply. Your question was:
> Are there any games harder than Nethack?

And in response, thus spake the Oracle:
} Life is pretty tough, everyone I know ends up dying.
nieltown debestest  
IP Logged

Adam
MGG

Mouse Guard

Slidell, LA
Re: OMGWTFLMAO
Reply #2 - Jun 17th, 2010 at 9:39pm

Oh man, I think you just described what happened to me about a month ago! All of a sudden I thought about gaming again, played with the meetup.com group once and BLAM! I am completely back to the obsession as you say.

I can't wait to test run it, but if you are familiar with the FATE system you know that character creation takes a while. When and if we do test it, I need to test combat mechanics and get some real data going. The whole system might need to be tweaked or even rewritten, but it should be fun.

Being an Atheist doesn't mean I'm better than you. Statistically, it just means I'm smarter.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print