Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Hashing out some new characters (Read 1820 times)
yle-kay
Adventurer

Flee the mighty water-bear.

New Orleans
Hashing out some new characters
May 25th, 2010 at 6:07pm

I've been playing with some character ideas after the death of Aerandis.  My favorite is a Dwarf Runepriest (leader/controller), then Gnome Warlock (striker/controller).  In favor of having a balanced party, I'm willing to haggle on character concepts before anything is set in stone.  Both of the characters have backstories tying them to Shattered Bridge and the dracolich/dragon-lich.

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Re: Hashing out some new characters
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2010 at 11:59pm

I'm with ya that we should coordinate for party balance. I have ideas for a halfling rogue (striker) and I previously began to draw up a human warlord, the last time we faced tpk. I don't really have a preference, except to say that I'd rather play a different character type than before.   Although I could write something for Dayereth's brother, maybe tying in that story line, and it would make for a good reason for him to be there.

IP Logged

Cowboy
Townfolk

The R.O.U.S.s? I don't
think they exist

West Bank
Reply #2 - May 26th, 2010 at 3:08am

Remember, we don't need any defenders since both of your defenders sold you out at the last session. Wink

http://www.facebook.com/joshua.stelly  
IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #3 - May 31st, 2010 at 5:33am

OK, so who's playing what? I've been working on several ideas, but I have to know wether to focus on stiker, controller or leader.  I have good ideas in every area, but I'd like to know what everybody else is doing.

IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

New Orleans
Reply #4 - Jun 1st, 2010 at 12:38am

Sorry, I was away from internet access for the weekend.  I was leaning towards creating the Runepriest leader (it's a complicated character build skills-wise, but it would be a good chance to learn a different type).  If no objections are to be had, I would just go ahead and flesh it out.

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #5 - Jun 1st, 2010 at 4:03pm

Cool, I've been leaning towards a halfling rogue, pretty basic, I know, but it could be fun.  If Sean has any objections, I still have a wizard in reserve.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #6 - Jun 1st, 2010 at 10:30pm

Hey Guys, no idea why a wizard would be objected to...I was looking to run a Cleric, Druid or Shaman...not sure which one and almost doubt that I would pick something else at this time.  I have some back stories fleshed out and will be revealing them as soon as I figure it out myself.

IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

New Orleans
Reply #7 - Jun 1st, 2010 at 10:34pm

So we have a runepriest and a rogue more or less.  If Sean is inclined towards a controller we would be pretty covered.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #8 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 4:53pm

Defender, Defender, Striker, Leader, Leader. Hmmm, the wheels are turning. See you tomorrow?

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

New Orleans
Reply #9 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 5:09pm

Yup, I'll be there with my shiny new runepriest.

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Reply #10 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 5:36pm

I'll be there with my ugly old fighter!

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #11 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 5:55pm

I'll be there with my tiny new rogue!

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #12 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 9:33pm

Did I read that correctly?  ...Dave will not be with us tomorrow?... Actually I am not sure...forgot who is who on here again...See you guys tomorrow.might have my back story posted before 7pm today...

IP Logged

Cowboy
Townfolk

The R.O.U.S.s? I don't
think they exist

West Bank
Reply #13 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 9:37pm

I'll be there with fresh humans.

http://www.facebook.com/joshua.stelly  
IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #14 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 5:59pm

Now that we have met all the new characters and I have read "who you are" I need to know where you want these characters to go. While I think there were some suggested  motivations for each person a story arc doesnt immeadily present itself. Lukes arc is certainly the most developed at this point though that is only natural given he is the longest running PC at this point. However I dont want the whole cloth of the campaign to be focused on that thread. We have some story development going on with Brent as well but I dont really know how to deal with Dwarves and Halfling yet.

If folks could check out the character questionaire and email me coppies I would be grateful and It would help me start pulling elements of your characters into the game as quickly as possible.

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print