Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
40,000 Masks: An Inquiry (Read 488 times)
Graver13
Townfolk

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Irish Channel
40,000 Masks: An Inquiry
Apr 4th, 2010 at 8:20am

On anouther forum a discussion had cropped up concerning a challenge to convert the Call of Cthulhu campaign, The Masks of Nyarlathotep, into a Dark Heresy campaign that utilized Warhammer 40k and Dark Heresy's mythos but did not involve Tzeench.  Given the fact that it seems almost too natural to make Nyarlathotep Tzeench in 40k I had to take up the challenge and see how I could convert that classic bit of pulp-horror into a viable Dark Heresy campaign without defaulting to "Tzeench did it!"

So far I've redone a lot of the campaign and it still most definitly embodies the spirit of the original as well as it's shape, but it's face and features have been changed considerably.  Beyond a lot of name and faction changes, some additional Powers-That-Be getting interested in the happenings, and a lot of tweaks and shifts to alliances and power basses of the involved parties, there has been a lot more complexity (ya, it can be more complex  Shocked ) added to account for the way the 40k universe works as well as the PC's higher martial and political potency in comparisons to their 1920's counterparts.  All in all, so far, while it's inspired by Masks, it really is a thing starting to truly take it's own form now.

Either way, while I'm still a ways off from finishing the conversion, I was idly wondering if there'd be anyone out there who'd be interested in giving it a spin once (or if?) completed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print