Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Are there any open games out there? (Read 1715 times)
Kebb
Keeberon
Big Dog
MGG
JustSayNo

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Are there any open games out there?
Mar 11th, 2010 at 7:02pm

Hello all,

I recently joined nolarpg because, like all of you I hope, I wanted to find a game.  Unfortunately, it appears that most, if not all, threads talking about open games are quite old and dated.  I have been assured by a member that there are several games going on at the moment amongst members and so was just wanting to ask the question:

Are there any open games out there?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Kebb

IP Logged

beyonder
Adventurer
Keeberon Player

I'm so green.

Uptown
Re: Are there any open games out there?
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2010 at 7:33pm

Red Priest mentioned in a thread this week that there is a possible open spot in his 1e game.

1433-05    (11abc dist, 3.9 mean)
Selected-By: Tim Chew <twchew@mindspring.com>

The Internet Oracle has pondered your question deeply. Your question was:
> Are there any games harder than Nethack?

And in response, thus spake the Oracle:
} Life is pretty tough, everyone I know ends up dying.
nieltown debestest  
IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2010 at 10:24pm

The meet up game (4th ed) is usually open I think Sean could comment on that.

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 1:54am

Kebb, I'll have to get some messages out to have some people put out what they are doing...I know of 3 games that are trying to be created besides ours with the meetup group.

IP Logged

Gman
Townfolk

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Belle Chasse
Reply #4 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 10:18pm

Adding in that we're still going strong out in Belle Chasse, just getting going I guess is more accurate.

My wife, next door neighbor and another NOLA native, with a 4th adding in in April.

We could likely take one or two more but we will definitely only be playing here in BC due to my 3 kids.

D20 modern is the one campaign we have going now, although we'll likely start a D&D 3.5 or 3.75(pahtfinder) sometime in the future as well.

Gman gmanv4  
IP Logged

DannyTorrance
Top Ten GM
Top Ten

Stark raving sane.

Kenner, LA
Reply #5 - Mar 15th, 2010 at 12:38am

Kebb,
I'm looking for players for a Star Wars: Saga Edition D20 campaign. If you're interested, I'll probably be trying to run it in the Kenner area.

"A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself."

IP Logged

Red Priest
Adventurer

I'm after rebellion; I'll
settle for lies.

Reply #6 - Mar 16th, 2010 at 1:17am

beyonder wrote on Mar 11th, 2010 at 7:33pm:
Red Priest mentioned in a thread this week that there is a possible open spot in his 1e game.

Yup.  Every other Friday, and there's an opening for one.  That would make 6 players, not including the DM, your's truly.  Anyone can msg me or post iffin' yer interested.

"Guaranteed by Dr Tarr and Professor Fether"

IP Logged

Darklordjim
Townfolk

Metairie
Reply #7 - May 28th, 2010 at 6:31pm

I have had the same group more or less for the last four years.  We have gone through some changes, player line ups, but the core group is solid.  We play every two weeks, on hiatus right now because two of the players got married.  I am the DM and we did choose to use the wedding as an opportunity to eliminate a few players who weren't focused on the foundation of the story and game, they were dragging the game down.  One of the unfortunate losses was a fighter class character.  We are now trying to find a replacement.  We have decided to switch from 3.5 to pathfinder mid story, and will be continuing on.  If there is a player who is interested in joining in a story driven adventure, please contact me at craigrice@cox.net.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #8 - May 29th, 2010 at 6:34pm

I think we may be opening up an additional seat as well. I think there are openings out there its just a matter of figuring out your schedule, deciding what type of game you want and taking the initiative to ask groups directly.

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

Red Priest
Adventurer

I'm after rebellion; I'll
settle for lies.

Reply #9 - May 31st, 2010 at 3:13am

What the man who rocks said.

hewhorocks wrote on May 29th, 2010 at 6:34pm:
I think there are openings out there its just a matter of figuring out your schedule, deciding what type of game you want and taking the initiative to ask groups directly.

If you check out this Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register, I'm sure none of the DMs/GMs will mind you msg'ing them to inquire.   Smiley

"Guaranteed by Dr Tarr and Professor Fether"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print