Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RP after the sewer (Read 792 times)
yle-kay
Adventurer

Flee the mighty water-bear.

New Orleans
RP after the sewer
Mar 2nd, 2010 at 5:13pm

Aerandis says to the sick Nadarresh, "If you are willing to be indebted to my master Nerisella, I could attempt to contact her either through the badger spirit, or if that fails, go there in person.  Travelling there would take some time though.  In the meantime however, rest and hot soup (without the rats) are in order!"

[[DM Discretion on whether Spirit Companion can communicate over distance, I can find no rules on it.]]

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Re: RP after the sewer
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2010 at 10:59am

Dayereth curses in frustration.

He has been using his skills to to reason, cajole and intimidate the innkeeper (Arcane Mutterings) as well as lessen the sounds and smell of infection (Prestidigitation) in order to keep thier tenuous hold on thier room.  When Nadarresh's affliction fails to improve as the others' have, and even grows worse his temper shortened.  As the companions gather to weigh thier options, he's bordering on insufferable.

"As I see it we can do two basic things, bring a powerful healer here, or go to a powerful healer.  Aerandis, how many days travel is Narisella?  Can she leave the grove or will she leave the grove to aid us? I'm no healer, but I don't think Nadarresh can make a journey much farther than the pub! Does anyone else know of a healer powerful enough who we can deal with?  Preferably who lives close by and works cheap?

I heard the name Mel su Detok bandied about, and I have to say I don't like that idea.  I shudder at the thought of being indebted to him."

He turns back to Nadarresh and waves his hands to suppress the sound of a coughing fit.

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Reply #2 - Mar 3rd, 2010 at 5:38pm

Luke sits near the head of the bed, trying to feed Nadarresh some chicken soup in between his bouts of coughing.

"Yeah, the idea of bringing this to Mell su Detok seems a bit crazy.  Nerisella's the best idea I've heard.  Maybe we should just take Nadarresh to the grove, though, rather than wait to see if she'll come here.  We could get a big cart drawn by horses or oxen, put some straw and blankets in it, and just carry him that way -- it might not be that much worse than lying here in the inn.

"Of course, that all depends on what you think, Aerandis.  Will she help Nadarresh if we show up?  Can you magically talk to her at long distance somehow, or do we just need to go there and see what happens?"

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2010 at 6:38pm

(( Kyle:  Your call if she would help. But I don’t she could /would come to Brix, even if you could message her. You are in touch with local spirits so no long distance carriers, sorry.  We have established that you can make the journey to Fey Fields solo in 3 days though that is using all your elven wiles and I think we’ve also established that as a group you guys move much slower! (I would expect at least twice as long) Nadarresh is mobile enough to participate in his own evacuation- and even combat if necessary though he does not have any surges and cannot regain hp.  ((look to page 17 in the campaign guide for relative distances.)) Still the most direct route to Fey Fields brings you through Thorywood which may save time but traveling south around the woods is an option as well.  Let me know which NPC you’ll target for aid and that should be enough for me to prepare. ))

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #4 - Mar 3rd, 2010 at 11:39pm

As they sit in the room, Nadarresh slips in & out of a daze, hearing some of what his friends discuss, other times it's just noise & a dull ache throughout his body.  He hears Dayereth dismiss Mel su Detok and ask Arendis about the grove...he closes his eyes and sees...

A massive stone ediface that climbs to the sky, seemingly nearer to the sun than the earth.  Each time he closes his eyes, the picture has become clearer despite his dazed condition.  The coughing and fits have left him after the soup and the initial sleep from the long journey but he feels drained, completely. 

He asks Dayereth for the permanant chalk and draws as best as he can the image that has been in his mind each time.  He tries several times and then finally draws this...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Pushing himself up from the ground, he says, "We should seek out your spirits and their allies.  Perhaps she can help or not but if you think it the best course of action, we should make the journey.  I have seen the image of this rising up from the ground many times but I am not sure of why it comes to me but it is clearer each time I dream."

Pausing as he looks at the others, he continues, sitting dow in the chair, "I know that I have never been there before as far as I can recall and my memory is a good one.  If the spirits or Bahamut himself tells me of where to go, then we should try to find out what it means or if it is even known to anyone."

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2010 at 8:22pm

((Moved from Nadarresh's tread))

Thinking about what's best, he gathers up his thinkgs and tells the others, "My friends, I should leave the city proper as it's not doing me any good in this room all cramped up here like we are.  I am going to the edge of the city woods, so that I can rest and perhaps make more sense of my dreams."

Moving towards the door, he says, "I'll be out the northeast gate, near the Hill Gates area.  Please meet me there and then we can decide where to go."

Luke: "Hey, wait up! You're still sick.  I'll stick by you in case you need anything."

He follows and quietly stands guard, giving Nadarresh room to ponder his dream vision, but watching for signs that the fever might be getting worse.

Dayereth stops them as they go to leave.

Dayereth : "Wait, before you two go to sleep amongst the stars and wrack your brains, I think I know what this place is. The drawing is very close to a place I read about called Little Boy Mountain, it was the sight of a battle between dark elves and dwarves some time ago.  It's in Thorywood if I'm not mistaken, which I believe is on the way to Nerisella's place, right?  I can't say what relevance that has to our present quest or why Nadarresh is having visions of it, I'll do more research, if I can.  If we want to check it out on the way, we'd better be prepared, dark elves are formidable opponents. If the two of you are determined to commune with nature as opposed to staying surrounded by four walls, be careful.  Remember Nadarresh's body is sick and can't heal itself, so he could bleed to death from an aggressive squirrel."

"I'll watch out for squirrels...you be careful not to cut yourself with that parchment..."  Nadarresh says laughing and coughing at the same time.

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #6 - Mar 5th, 2010 at 8:46pm

((Common knowledge of Thornywood can be found in the campagine guide. While there are lots of typos I think all the information might be handy. Also note that since you first left to travel to Drakespire it has been about a month. We are now in the dead of winter approaching the full moon of Landsleep and then heading into Hearthguard. (Jan-Feb in say north- eastern europe for comparison.) Also note that if you dont have healing surges and some effect costs you one you take damage.. If you plan to travel to Feyfeilds to seek aid for the sicko you may want to establish a route (north of, south of, or through Thornywood) keeping in mind that extended travel through a frozen landscape may be a taxing endevour. ))

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print