Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Play by post? (Read 318 times)
david
Stark II PC
Kallistier
WhatNot

one bad dude, not two

harahan, la
Play by post?
Jan 22nd, 2010 at 12:56pm

I am involved in a website that runs play-by-post for any gaming system and has a pretty large membership. They support all D&D (1-4) editions, GURPS, WoD, Shadowrun, Star Wars, Palladium games, Alternity, and pretty much all other systems. They have a relatively simple dice-roller and many post-editing options to help keep things looking good, and there are character sheets for all supported systems that are built into the site; you simply fill in blanks and for most systems the site does the tricky math for you.

I don't want to run anyone away from this site though to the PbP site, as it is a worldwide thing and this site is better for our local needs. What's my point then? Well, basically, I was wondering if I could post a link to the site (not that it can't be found by anyone without help), and if anyone has ideas for a game that is more story-oriented and that fits into anyone's schedule, then it can be played there.

Admin, if this topic is inappropriate, I do apologize, and you can feel free to delete this. Otherwise, let me know and I'll post a link in the future.

Thanks, and good gaming everyone!

WWW woody_two_soul lechgame  
IP Logged

Admin account
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

maintenance account
Re: Play by post?
Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2010 at 4:25pm

The intent of the site is to provide people in the NOLA area a place where they can post or look for open games.  I created the site as an alternative to all the commercial places that charge members to post and/or read messages.

As a side function this place can be used to discuss gaming issues.

So, yes, its within the scope of the place for you to post a link to an online gaming resource.  I don't even mind if people post links to other pay sites.  For example, if someone wants to post a link to a meetup.com group or a yahoo group for a game.  In fact, I'd rather people posted the links with details and even don't mind if they come back and post a followup once a month and talk about what's happening in that game.  There is a specific place for people to post game logs of their game and that's a great way to advertise your active game even if you have no space for people.  When you have an opening you can post a link to that log and say read this and then decide if you want to join.

So, go to the game openings area and start a thread about the site.  Describe the games there.  As openings come up in the future you can then respond to that thread with the latest status on each game.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print