Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Post-Apocalyptic Game Questionnaire (Read 5461 times)
Dr. Nemesis
MGG
Keeberon Player

Half Man/Half Awesome

Broadmoor
Re: Post-Apocalyptic Game Questionnaire
Reply #15 - Jan 25th, 2010 at 5:02pm

A few minutes before my post, if I recall.

http://facebook.com/profile.php?id=1177546823  
IP Logged

SombreNote DM
Stark DM
ShadowRun B
Kallistier
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
WhatNot
Enlightened
Esplanade

The DM

Ann Arbor, MI
Reply #16 - Jan 26th, 2010 at 5:01am

Interesting selections. It is funny how you favor right before the Apoc, and after it is over, but not during. Most people don't pick it that way.

IP Logged

Dr. Nemesis
MGG
Keeberon Player

Half Man/Half Awesome

Broadmoor
Reply #17 - Jan 26th, 2010 at 7:31am

I ran a game of D20 Modern: Urban Arcana a while back, and the premise was that the heroes were battling a conspiracy headed by the last chromatic dragons in the world (posing as the board of a multinational corporation). The idea was that the game would eventually lead to an apocalypse that the heroes mitigated but didn't prevent. The bad guys failed to destroy the world due to the heroes' sacrifice, but the world was kinda ruined.

Then, the next run of the game was supposed to take place with the next generation trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic wasteland (sort of a Shattered-Lands-esque setting). It never happened, though, because the players lost a lot of enthusiasm after the big plot they started ended the way it did. I think it left a bad taste in everyone's mouths.

So, maybe it's just a logistical preference. Or something else. I've definitely enjoyed zombie apocalypse games that follow from the beginning right through to the end of civilization, but I suppose I like the quieter, more personal plotlines that come when the action isn't world-shattering. Now that you point it out, I'm not sure I can put a finger on exactly why I feel that way.

Meh, anyhow, a good enough GM with a good enough plot and good enough players can make any storyline a lot of fun to play. Except maybe Rifts--I can't stand that game  Wink

http://facebook.com/profile.php?id=1177546823  
IP Logged

SombreNote DM
Stark DM
ShadowRun B
Kallistier
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
WhatNot
Enlightened
Esplanade

The DM

Ann Arbor, MI
Reply #18 - Feb 5th, 2010 at 4:04am

Updated

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print