Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Milesstones (Read 902 times)
hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Milesstones
Sep 17th, 2009 at 8:22pm

We got Google!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Re: Milesstones
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 8:36pm

So Im working on a concept for a game. There are a couple of avenues open for adventures right now though there is a possibility that a couple of them may not be full session adventures.  I for various OOC reasons I think that getting to second (or third) level might open up the game a bit.

This reason along with the possibility of bringing some historical events to more of the foreground , get me thinking of doing a flash back. For 1/2 a session I'd like to bring folks back a couple hundred years to an outpost west of Brix. I'd grab some pre-generated characters and let to take your pick, and present a short scenario. This flashback could add some flavor to what is going on now, give some folks an chance to try out different powers, and most importantly help set the stage for some understanding (maybe both IC and OOC) for what is going on now.
XP earned by the alts will apply to the primary characters. Im just looking for a way to impart some information to you guys without having a librarian stand in front of you to recite the "History of the near realms part Deux!"
Interested in giving it a shot?

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 9:46pm

I guess I'd be down.  I like getting into a character, but trying out a new class and race would be pretty cool too.  Personally, I'd love to try a Warlord, which I thought was a great and original idea in 4th.

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Reply #3 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 9:55pm

Sounds like an interesting diversion.  I'd be curious to try playing a warlock.

IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

Flee the mighty water-bear.

New Orleans
Reply #4 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 10:41pm

Sure, sounds interesting.  I might be interested in playing a character with the primal power source, either warden, shaman, or druid.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #5 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 5:28am

What I have in mind is more along the lines of a military outpost, though I suppose I can work in diverse folks seeking shelter. It would definitely be a one-shot type thing, just to fill some time while supporting some background stuff.

IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

Flee the mighty water-bear.

New Orleans
Reply #6 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 2:14pm

Well, I suppose I can play anything when it comes to it.  Maybe a random character would even be better, playing a character I'm unfamiliar with.

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Reply #7 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 3:32pm

I can play anything, but part of the fun of this for me would be trying out a very different character class.  My current character is a fighter with a military background, so it would be less exciting to play a similar type of character 200 years ago.  Hence my preference for a warlock.  But ultimately I'm fine with whatever you want to do, Leigh.

IP Logged

beyonder
Adventurer
Keeberon Player

I'm so green.

Uptown
Reply #8 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 4:22pm

Sure, I'm down.  Throw me a character.  When do you plan on doing this?

1433-05    (11abc dist, 3.9 mean)
Selected-By: Tim Chew <twchew@mindspring.com>

The Internet Oracle has pondered your question deeply. Your question was:
> Are there any games harder than Nethack?

And in response, thus spake the Oracle:
} Life is pretty tough, everyone I know ends up dying.
nieltown debestest  
IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #9 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 9:13pm

I like the idea of a different character and would definitely be up for it!  Also, I think we should do this first as it allows us to find the history as if it was known to us and then we can kill what ever is in the cave along the way to finding the source of the wolves and the dark powers that seem to be building up around here...

Make it so.....hahaha

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #10 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 9:24pm

Yeah, it doesn't really matter what I play either, finding out the history and getting to play something different are enough for me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print