Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Roleplaying Thread: the walk back to Brix (Read 344 times)
elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Roleplaying Thread: the walk back to Brix
Sep 14th, 2009 at 9:57pm

A couple of hours before reaching Brix, Luke and Zarb split off from the others in order to avoid making a conspicuous entrance into town.

Walking beside Zarb, Luke is silent for a little while and then says, apropos of nothing in particular: "We haven't known each other long, but we just helped each other slay a dragon, and I think that counts for something. 

"Now, I've got my reasons for wanting not to be noticed, and you've obviously got yours.  So how about I'll tell you mine, and you tell me yours, and then I can help you keep an eye out for whoever might be looking for you, and you can do the same for me.  What do you say?"

IP Logged

beyonder
Adventurer
Keeberon Player

I'm so green.

Uptown
Re: Roleplaying Thread: the walk back to Brix
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 8:00pm

"I will tell you my story," Zarb says, "as I feel that our recent adventure has brought us closer.  I see worry in your eyes, and I know that worry is reflected in mine."  Zarb paused for a moment.  "I worry, Luke, that the land of Wyverndale - the home of our families, our friends, the spirits of our ancestors, and our very existence - is in danger."

Zarb goes on to explain how he arrived upon the caravan.  "A matter of chance," as he describes it, and "a fluke of possibly grand proportions."  He explains that he comes from an aristocratic Holderness family, raised in the academies of sorcery, and destined for power and position.  "But," he continues, "in my efforts to stay ahead of my peers, to push my abilities to their utmost and to outdo all competitors, I became an integral part of an undertaking so secretive and so important that it could only be rooted in evil.  I became a pawn, a channel for magic, that was to be used to facilitate a political murder, the most heinous kind.  When our fortress and resources had been discovered, however, we found ourselves under attack, and myself teleported to a very remote part of the forest.  The assailant, Mell su Detok, is, I imagine, at large.  I feel that he is aware of my presence, my escape, and he is searching for me as we speak.  As such, I must keep a low profile and learn as much as I can about his plans before I make any attempts to seek my revenge upon him.  I'll need help - more men, more magic, and more power -  but the future is long and I feel it holds much for me.  My time will come to defeat him and hopefully bring justice and clarity back to our kingdom.

"So, friend - what is your reason to lurk?"

1433-05    (11abc dist, 3.9 mean)
Selected-By: Tim Chew <twchew@mindspring.com>

The Internet Oracle has pondered your question deeply. Your question was:
> Are there any games harder than Nethack?

And in response, thus spake the Oracle:
} Life is pretty tough, everyone I know ends up dying.
nieltown debestest  
IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Re: Roleplaying Thread: the walk back to Brix
Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 8:30pm

"Hmm.  Well, that sounds serious.  The land is in danger, is it?  I'd like to know more about this Mell su Detok guy.  What's he trying to do, and who did he murder?

"But anyway, I'll tell you what my problem is.  I'm wanted for murder.  I wish I could say they're after the wrong guy, but they're not.  I did it.  I mean, I didn't exactly mean to, I just got really mad -- and the guys I killed were a bunch of murdering thugs themselves -- but I did kill them, when they were defenseless, and it was murder.

"The reason I'm on the run, though, isn't just to avoid being punished.  All I can really say about that is that the honor of a lady is at stake.  And I can't talk about that because it's not my secret to tell -- but basically I fled to prevent a huge scandal that would have ruined someone's life.

"So if you ever run across someone from Shattered Bridge, or someone who works for Duke Rathborn -- I don't want to meet them."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print