Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Roleplaying Thread: dividing the loot (Read 792 times)
elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Roleplaying Thread: dividing the loot
Sep 14th, 2009 at 9:46pm

At some point after we've all met up in Brix and the stuff we found has been inspected, Luke says to Nadarresh:

"Those Bracers of Mighty Striking sound good.  I have to admit, I want them pretty badly, since hitting things is pretty much what I do.  But I guess you might feel the same way.  What do you think?  You could let me have them and I'll owe you a favor, or we could play rock-paper-scissors."

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Re: Roleplaying Thread: dividing the loot
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2009 at 10:25pm

"I think they would better suit you than me.  I might consider that armor if it was quieter than mine..." with that he moves his arm as if flexing his bicep and a distinct and noticeable creaking squeak can be heard. "Sure it protects me but what good is it when I'm trying to be quiet?"  We'd still have to check with the others but I have no objections to you keeping them.  Even then, I'd almost want to get a new sword although I heard in town that you can enchant a weapon to improve its quality perhaps that might be something I might do with my share.  I'm not sure if it was the Dragon's strong hide or my blade that caused my not to harm it?  I wonder if in the darkness I just missed the mark?"

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2009 at 2:56am

Dayereth looks at the items and his companions.

"I'm afraid none of the magic we found here has particular use or relevance to me either, although the amulet is somewhat intriguing, this is what I'd prefer.

I was a scholar of sorts, and I'd like to study the dragon. I'm sure the woodsmen are accomplished at skinning and butchering various beasts and fowl.  If you could assist me in dissecting the dragon, and have patience whist I notate it's anatomy, as well as saving the blood, bones and organs, perhaps the hide as well, for further research.  This would satisfy me greatly, as well as be possibly useful to us should we encounter another of it's kind in the future.

In exchange for study of the dragon, and the right to keep it's organs, I will take none of the items.  Four items and five companions seems to dictate one of us goes without, and I am in a position to benefit to my satisfaction without one of the enchanted items.

We could also still sell the meat of the creature to a well-off gastronomist, who might pay dearly for so rare a dish.  As a thought, a gift of such a feast to the leaders and politicians of Brix may put us in the good graces of the local constabulary.

Personally, I'm surprised that none of you warrior types are interested in the dagger.  In further examination it has healing capacity when used aggressively in battle.  I also think the armor seems best suited to Aerandis.  I have read that these cousins of my kind do love this sort of thing."

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #3 - Sep 15th, 2009 at 4:30am

"Skinning the dragon was something I had considered doing before but didn't want to leave a bloodtrail afterall it is very messy.  I can take care of stripping it down as you've asked although I think it will be a bit of a challenge to drain it of its blood but will do my best.  the meat might be quite succulent indeed!  It was quite powerful and perhaps its legs might be quite good with some herbs and roasted slowly.  I hope though that the head and its claws won't be a problem for us to still divide without causing a problem with your research?"

He looked to Dayereth awaiting his response and then continued on, "As for the dagger, I think it might be of use in a fight but using such a short weapon with one of my own would unbalance me to be sure.  I think I might be able to get used to it but there is another matter."  he paused and looked quite concerned for a moment, as much as a Dragonborn could appear.  "I might not understand how it truly works but it seems to drain the life force of a being.  I'm not sure how I feel about doing that to another creature even one who is my enemy.  When I battled even those Giant Centipedes, I sought to kill them quickly.  I understand it might help in battle but will have to speak think on this and consult Bahamut before I decide.  As I said, the armor if it fits, will suffice.  I'll only take the dagger if someone else can make better use of the armor.  My leather armor protects me well enough and I am used to it, so for now, decide on the rest of the items, I can choose from what's left."

"Actually, let me see that dagger for a moment."  he takes it and deftly spins it in his hand and then swaps between hands checking its balance and weight.  Spinning it several times from end to end, he flips it several times, catching it by it's hilt in the flat of his palm with his hand extended. 

"It is well made, that's for sure.  I'll use it on the deer and see how well it performs.  Now where can we do this?  This is going to be very messy!

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Reply #4 - Sep 15th, 2009 at 4:09pm

Luke looks a bit disturbed at the mention that the dagger drains creatures' life.  He stares at it and nervously tugs at his beard, and stands well out of the way when Nadarresh starts playing around with it.  But he says nothing.

He picks up the bracers and tries them on, making sure they fit okay with his scale mail.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #5 - Sep 15th, 2009 at 5:51pm

The rooms in this inn are a bit nicer than the first one they stayed in, including a large common room with six rooms branching off from the main.  It was odd seeing an actual black dragon sitting on the floor of the room.  Looking to Dayereth who just walked into the room, Nadarresh offered him his wineskin and said, "Here you go, I'm not sure if this makes a difference but it's yours!"

Realizing how confusing it sounded, he clarified, "This is the Dragon's Blood!  I saved some from the kill and wanted to tell you to drink it.  It's hunter tradition to drink it's blood and some I have heard even eat the creatures heart.  I wanted to make sure you drank the spirit of it so you would be its master.  Or you could just use it for your studies..."  he says shrugging.

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #6 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 3:32am

Nearly blanching at the statement of his companion, Dayereth manages to keep a straight face.

Never before in his mostly benign past has he ever thought of such a situation.  Sure the stories of wood elves in thier native habitat often told of such traditions, but he never imagined...

Still, Nadarresh and Luke had stood by him, and together with Zarb has bested the dragon.  Best not to offend those who were both faithful and powerful.

"Far be it from me to turn down so generous an offer."

So saying, Dayereth takes a generous swig from the wineskin.

"Now that my duty to spirit is fufilled, there should be plenty left to fufill my duty to study."

And wipes the blood from his lips.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #7 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 3:47am

Smiling, Nadarresh nods and caps the wineskin and hands it back to Dayereth.  Seeing the look on the wizards face he says, "I never liked the taste either!  I have only tasted the blood twice, on my first kill with my father and brother and this blood but that will be enough for me!"

"You did not have to drink it but I am glad that you did.  It is a tradition among native hunters to honor the spirits of the forrest.  I even had my friend Kestik, that surly dwarf and leader of my caravan."  he says seeing the puzzlement on Dayereth's face.  "He drank on his first deer as well.  My brother Kell and I took him along one time as he said he'd never hunted before.  We thought he was joking with us but considering how poorly he shot that day, we believed him immediately after that!"

"Those dwarves never cease to amaze me but he almost lost his breakfast after drinking it.  Imagine that, living in the harsh caves and mountains of the world, tough enough to fell a Giant and almost getting sick from a cup full of deer blood?" he said laughing.

"You did well!  now let's see about getting this done right."

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #8 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 7:52pm

((Enter Aerandis)) Looking surprisingly well rested your Elven companion from the assault of the vengeful spirit from the dagger enters the room. He speaks of  the necessity of returning to the ruined tower…

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #9 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 9:34pm

After listening to Aerandis' recounting of Narisella's request, Dayereth agrees that if they are to completely eradicate the evil which they first encountered with the wolves.

"However", he says, "I would still like to know more about what it is that we face before we go running headlong through a magical porthole to who-knows-where.  Narisella made an oblique reference to the crows concealing 'other things'.  I believe at least one of the 'other things' was the imp which I chased, because I witnessed it change from a humanoid form to a crow and back again.  I want to take some time to try and research imps and the means by which they enter this plane, for they are not native to it, and see if any learned people know of a wizard who might have one in his employ. 

The mention of a cult which gives this lich, and I hope she was just using the term metaphorically, otherwise we may be in over our heads, power is also worrisome.  Perhaps one of you who is a little better than I in talking down to the local bourgeois level might gather information on new or nefarious local cults.  I swear talking to the average human gives me a headache."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print