Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
rules (Read 1818 times)
hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
rules
Aug 30th, 2009 at 7:11pm

OK couple things that upon review weren't handled correctly:

Expanded spell book: you prepare dailies and utility powers each day (as old school) the expanded spell book adds an extra daily of every level you can cast.

Death and dying:
0 hp:  save vrs dying each turn
1-9 slip closer (3 strikes)
10-18 no change
19-20 spend a surge (grats your feeling better)

Stand up : move action no mention of provoking

Second wind : grants +2 bonus to defense

Rituals: component costs vary with spell they are generally not interchangeable. Type of component depends on skill keyed to ritual.

Ranged and area attacks provoke (dragon breath)

If you read this far now you know:
Total xp reward 1450/5  = 290.
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2009 at 6:07am by hewhorocks »  

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Re: rules
Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2009 at 12:36am

XP:
1300 /4 = 375

Grand total 665.

Inspection of the goods
+1 amulet of protection (silver tree pendant)
+2 bracers of mighty striking
+1  ironwood wicker armor ( treat as  barkskin hide +1)

Details on Barkskin Armor
| +1 AC, Minor Action; additional +2 AC until end of battle, reduce this bonus by one each time creature is hit. So it can be treated as +1hide armor with bennies.

of course the dagger:
life drinker+1 (can be used as an implement if you roll like that)

The bone case had a String of peals (there is a gem market have at it.)
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2009 at 10:24pm by hewhorocks »  

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2009 at 5:52am

A clarification: While the dragon bits arent useful as a substitute component for general rituals etc they may well be useful as material components  in the creation of certain magic items. Creativity on the part of the player would be necessary. While the small stature of the beast may not be suitable for a suit of armor, bones may reasonably work for the basis of rings or implements (wands or rods or perhaps daggers) enough skin may be present for the creation of a belt or boots. In any case these items would obviously have to tie in with the nature of the beast (acidic) and either enchanted by either someone with the appropriate rituals or commissioned.

Additionally review of the rules indicate that immediate interrupts are one per round only. This has some bearing on marked opponents who shift or attack other targets.
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2009 at 6:46am by hewhorocks »  

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #3 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 12:56am

Xp 650+665= 1305 (level up) retrain one power if you like.

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Reply #4 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 4:28pm

I've got a rule question:

On page 78 of the PHB, there is a level 2 utility power called "Boundless Endurance" that I'm thinking about taking as I level my character up.  It says, "You gain regeneration 2 + your Constitution modifier when you are bloodied."

My question: Does this mean that the regeneration only lasts while I am bloodied, so that once the regeneration increases my hit points above the "bloodied" range, I lose the regeneration?  Or does it just mean that I can't use this power until I become bloodied, but once I've used the power, the regeneration lasts until the end of the encounter?

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #5 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 4:23pm

When you expend the daily power as a minor action, you assume the "Boundless Endurance" stance. This stance lasts until the end of the encounter, unless you take up another stance.

As long as you are in the Boundless Endurance stance, you regenerate while you are bloodied, and you don't regenerate while you are not bloodied.

It's also worth noting that Boundless Endurance is a Stance, and so conflicts with Rain of Steel, Defensive Training, and Unyielding Avalanche (among other powers).

You can use the power before you are bloodied if you want... but it won't actually do anything until you become bloodied, at which point you will start regenerating. If you regenerate enough to become unbloodied, you'll stop regenerating... and if you're subsequently bloodied again, you'll regenerate again.

Until the end of the encounter, or you use another Stance power. Or are K/O'ed cause then you arent in any stance..

Helpful?

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Reply #6 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 7:39pm

Very helpful -- thanks!

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #7 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 6:13am

Catching up ...new xp total 2,450.

« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2010 at 5:24am by hewhorocks »  

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #8 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 8:16pm

Primal Power has a very good write up on Spirits and in the interest of making the campaign setting 4th ed compatible, from here on out consider Xanith simply elven for spirits and note that the Eldaran pay homage particularly to Ancestral spirits while the Kron plainsmen focus on the Elder and animal varieties.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #9 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 7:58pm

Weapon Description- Maximum (enchant lvl)           

Masterwork      (8)
Exceptional      (15)               
Superior           (25)                
Legendary        (30+)

Each successive category is equivalent to +1damage. This is a non-magical craftsmanship bonus.  If the item becomes enchanted the enchantment bonus overrides the craftsmanship bonus. (Don’t let the apprentice enchant the life’s work of a legendary swordsmith.)

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #10 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 4:41am

hmm review of the Level progression tables seem to indicate lvl 3? Start thinking about that and hopefully we'll finish up this thing on Saturday. folks can lvl up on the off week and we'll be ready to move on story development wise.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #11 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 12:34am

Xp total 2675. Everyone bring 2 copies of your lvl 3 character sheets next time we play.

From what I understand 2 swords were left in the tombs?

Post your character's plan in your thread. Feel free to start a discussion in the post session thread to rp out what you want to do to handle meeting back up etc the thread and be worked out after you decide what each character wants to do... Apparently Theren fell down the shaft knocking himself unconscious...Im sure his balance was off from his previous fall.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #12 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 4:58am

Identify Magic Item/ ritual : 5 minutes

* DC: DC 20 + one-half the item’s level. You must be able to see the item. You must make a successful Arcana check to sense the presence of magic within the item before you can make any checks to identify it.

* Success: You identify the item’s enhancement bonus, power, or property.

* Failure: You can’t try to identify the item again until after a short rest.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #13 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 5:30am

Current XP total 3350. Level 4 is looming, start thinking about what you would like to do for 4th level and begin to make the appropriate rp adjustments.  Cool

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #14 - Jan 17th, 2010 at 12:52am

Discussion on Cloud of daggers

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print