Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
previous campaign boards (Read 497 times)
hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
previous campaign boards
Aug 7th, 2009 at 2:42am

We used the boards as sort of a method to keep interest during off weeks. not everyone wanted to watch the fighter rping buying the sword so that stuff often happened online. It allowed for the game to move along without anyone getting bored and gave players a chance to consider their character's  development more deeply.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Feel free to browse. Wink

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Re: previous campaign boards
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2009 at 8:26pm

Seems like my previous campaign guide (30 pages or so) was lost for good. Grumble grumble. I will post working source material as written. (A write 1/2 page a day and in a year I'll have something.)

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Re: previous campaign boards
Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2009 at 8:27pm

Elves are not as commonly seen in the lands around Wyverndale as one might think. Certainly Elven villages likely exist  in ironwood and occasionally elves are seen in the distance traveling across the sea of grass but elves keep mostly to themselves. Since the great horde spread out from the rift in the west many elven villages have retreated through their gateways into the farrie lands (feywild) though as the portals are not easily closed the elves maintain a presence if only to guard the gateways from invasion.  Elves are renown for their craftsmanship with wood and often trade ironwood trinkets with villages near their gateways. While Elves are generally reserved with most races they are on friendly terms with gnomes and the Waleydren (Wa-Ley-dren). Elves are equally suspicious of dwarves and the eldarian who they blame (rightly or not) for the hordes from the rift.  Elves are generally welcomed into small towns though city guards are wary of the wood~folk.

Glossary entry:

Waleydren (Wa-Ley-dren): Tribes nomadic barbarians who travel the open steepes west of the sea of grass. They gather at the great stone obelisk (Welmet) for winters to trade, marry and celebrate the coming spring.. Shamanistic  and druidic rituals comprise their religious traditions. Culturally they are similar to the plains Indians post introduction of the horse. Primary trade goods include woven articles, bloodstone (a minor gemstone used as currency) livestock, and pelts. The Waleydren also serve as intermediaries for dwarven goods from the  world-spine mountains, and are aggressive hunters of the demihumans who wander north or east from the riftlands.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print