Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Buenos Dias everyone! (Read 894 times)
Fat Irish
Broadmoor

<><

Gentilly Woods
Buenos Dias everyone!
Dec 17th, 2008 at 5:39am

My name is Ben, but my friends call me Fat Irish. I moved to NOLA about a year ago to start graduate School at N.O.B.T.S. in New Orleans. I used to play a lot of RPG's in college, but have been out of it for a few years and wanting to get involved again.

IP Logged

Kev
Esplanade
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
MGG
Stark II PC
WhatNot
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Rune Bound
Kallisti GM

Metairie, LA
Re: Buenos Dias everyone!
Reply #1 - Dec 17th, 2008 at 2:43pm

Welcome to the boards Fat Irish.  Kick off your shoes and hang out for a while.  Chances are good you will be able to find or start a game here.  What kind of games do/have you played?

Kev

IP Logged

Fat Irish
Broadmoor

<><

Gentilly Woods
Reply #2 - Dec 17th, 2008 at 4:59pm

The vast majority of my RPG gaming experience has been in D&D, though I have dabbled in Shadow Runner. I just really enjoy the "role playing" part of "role playing games." I'd also like to introduce my wife to RPG's in something like a "newbies game" if one ever were to come up.

IP Logged

Kev
Esplanade
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
MGG
Stark II PC
WhatNot
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Rune Bound
Kallisti GM

Metairie, LA
Reply #3 - Dec 17th, 2008 at 5:54pm

Fat Irish wrote on Dec 17th, 2008 at 4:59pm:
I'd also like to introduce my wife to RPG's in something like a "newbies game" if one ever were to come up.

D&D 4E may be the thing for her then.  Not really heavy on the RP side of things (but that is what the GM and players are there for), but fairly easy and (I think) a bit more simplistic than D&D 3.x.

Another good game that can be played solo, a group without a gm, or a group with a gm is called Mythic.  Pretty simple on the rules side of things and if you like a different system you can still use the Game Master Emulator portion of the system to run/play dynamic games on the fly.

Here is a review of Mythic on the RPG forums.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If you like the looks of this you can get the PDF at a variety of online resellers for about $10. Like the one below.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

or from Amazon for a hard copy for about $24.

IP Logged

Kifaru
Esplanade
ShadowRun B
Erinian
Kallistier
Dogs of War
Intelligent_Life
oldEsplanade
Enlightened
JustSayNo

Run baby run

Reply #4 - Dec 17th, 2008 at 6:40pm

Sweet Jesus, I've got a shadow runner!  Welcome to the board.  I've been kicking around the idea of running a shadowrun game for a while now.  Nothing set in stone, but I may be putting out a call for shadow runners in a few months.  If your interested, let ne know.

IP Logged

Fat Irish
Broadmoor

<><

Gentilly Woods
Reply #5 - Dec 17th, 2008 at 8:08pm

Yeah, I could be down with that.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print