Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
new graphic (Read 2091 times)
Ancient Goat
Townfolk

"Old School"

NOLA
Re: new graphic
Reply #15 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 3:29am

Since you're playing around with it...try a black background.  I know it might sound wierd, but whenever I want colors to pop, a black background will sometimes really show off the rest of the information.  You'll see, there is some black in the forest of the logo.

My life turns into sand...Immortality is my dream...Man shall follow my command...Sorcery shall conquer my fear!

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #16 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 5:50am

I tried the black before the dark purple.  I'm not sure I like the green-purple-gold mix but what can you do.  I think the dark purple works better than black.  I got used to the dark purple once the green and yellow is there after login.  I didn't like the mostly purple login.

I could start over and go for a light green background. I know that can work.  Basically that would be swapping the green and purple.

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #17 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 6:53am

OK, I messed around with templates.  You can now go into your profile and change the template and look at three green/purple/yellow versions.   I can drag out some of the others I used too and show them.

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #18 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 10:11pm

No comments on the templates?

I might add some non mardi gras schemes so people can seem them.

Also, there were 3 spam attacks in the last 24 hours... the same attacks that broke the user list last time and still, there have been no new spam accounts to sign up in a full week now.

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #19 - Aug 22nd, 2008 at 11:50pm

Its been almost two weeks since we've had a spammer get in.  Its been two weeks since we've gotten a new member... so now I am worried that new people can't join at all.

So go recruit new people to join the forum so we can liven this place up.     Grin

IP Logged

Kifaru
Esplanade
ShadowRun B
Erinian
Kallistier
Dogs of War
Intelligent_Life
oldEsplanade
Enlightened
JustSayNo

Run baby run

Reply #20 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 5:49am

Maybe the reason we aren’t getting new members is the ‘goat night’ portion of the initiation process.  I mean, yeah, sure, good memories, but it’s a little intimidating the first time you hear about it. 

Just kidding boy and girls (do girls read gaming forums?  I’m not sure.) there is no goat.  Promise.  Promise, cross my heart and eat a bag of four sided dice.  Some things are just too important to lie about.  Like hair jell.  Goats, true love and hair jell.  These things shall be held sacred above all others.  Hmm…  This rant just took an unhealthy turn. 

Anyway, where was I?  Somewhere between Mr. Rogers neighborhood and a really seedy section of Undermountain.  Just as a side note, what do you think the stats on Mr. Rogers would be?  Like, what kind of charisma score are we talking about?  He’s one of my heroes, but I bet he would make one heck (< still trying to keep the PG13 rating) of a Lord of Ravenloft.

By the way, I think I like the new look.  Looks cool to me. IMHO

IP Logged

translucentwolf
Sith Lord
ShadowRun B
Erinian
Kallistier
JustSayGM
Dogs of War
Top Ten
Intelligent_Life
oldEsplanade
Enlightened
john
JustSayNo
Esplanade

New Orleans
Reply #21 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 8:40pm

I think it's the PG-13 restriction.  The new millenium is all about NR, no ratings...  You can't put speech into a little box.  Fight the man!

That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.
translucentwolf translucentwolf translucentwolf translucentwolf  
IP Logged

Ancient Goat
Townfolk

"Old School"

NOLA
Reply #22 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 5:34am

Kifaru wrote on Aug 23rd, 2008 at 5:49am:
Maybe the reason we aren’t getting new members is the ‘goat night’ portion of the initiation process.  I mean, yeah, sure, good memories, but it’s a little intimidating the first time you hear about it.  

Just kidding boy and girls (do girls read gaming forums?  I’m not sure.) there is no goat.  Promise.  Promise, cross my heart and eat a bag of four sided dice.  Some things are just too important to lie about.  Like hair jell.  Goats, true love and hair jell.  These things shall be held sacred above all others.  Hmm…  This rant just took an unhealthy turn.  

Anyway, where was I?  Somewhere between Mr. Rogers neighborhood and a really seedy section of Undermountain.  Just as a side note, what do you think the stats on Mr. Rogers would be?  Like, what kind of charisma score are we talking about?  He’s one of my heroes, but I bet he would make one heck (< still trying to keep the PG13 rating) of a Lord of Ravenloft.

By the way, I think I like the new look.  Looks cool to me. IMHO

No Goats?

I beg to differ.

My life turns into sand...Immortality is my dream...Man shall follow my command...Sorcery shall conquer my fear!

IP Logged

QuoVadis
Townfolk

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #23 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 4:18am

I have to confess that I really wasn't thinking 'mardi gras' when I first came onto this page.  The colors are still nice though, and the layout sure beats all those other banal layouts with only black and grey colors that you see everywhere.  Nice job.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print