Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Non-Table Top software games (Read 318 times)
Ancient Goat
Townfolk

"Old School"

NOLA
Non-Table Top software games
Aug 9th, 2008 at 10:16pm

As there were many subjects discussed at the meet-up, we even went through some old and new (non-table top) software games.  My favorite of all times is Raymond Feist’s story: BETRAYAL AT KRONDOR…it’s old school, but nothing out there like it.  One of the best Dos based RPGs of the early 90’s that follow the Feist writings quite well.  The graphics are not what we are used to today, but that’s what makes it classic.

Some people asked for more information, so here you go:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Check it out…I love the old MIDI music:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

You can find downloads all over the net, but you might need dosbox to run it.

My life turns into sand...Immortality is my dream...Man shall follow my command...Sorcery shall conquer my fear!

IP Logged

SombreNote DM
Stark DM
ShadowRun B
Kallistier
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
WhatNot
Enlightened
Esplanade

The DM

Ann Arbor, MI
Re: Non-Table Top software games
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 11:11pm

On the same note, I would like to introduce a game that is so complected I do not even recommend it to people who do not want to waste their lives away with meaningless indulgences. Since the fact that we are in this forum it leaves little doubt we are not the before mentioned, then i present Dwarven fortress.

The game site:

Where do download:

The Wiki site maintained by players:

The link to the IRC chat server used frequently by the players of the game:

If you wish you take a hard look at the game, I suggest using the wiki site like a bible, and logging on to the IRC chat which can also be found at the bottom of the Wiki site homepage links. They are very helpful, and you will need the help. It has a learning curve worse then Eve online.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print