Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How many actual members? (Read 291 times)
Jerzul
Townfolk

Part-time DM

New Orleans, LA
How many actual members?
May 24th, 2008 at 5:13am

I wanted to see how many people use this forum and I was surprised to see 355 members!...until I checked out statistics and found that only around 30 of them actually post. Is spam registering a problem for this forum? How many members does this forum actually have?

DM: You approach the door, it is ajar."&&Player: What foul sorcery is this? Fine, I step into the jar..."

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Re: How many actual members?
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2008 at 5:27am

Sort by the number of posts and you will see how many real people there are.

I delete the spam signups about once a month and usually I am deleting over 1000.  They register, but so far, they haven't posted.  (I think its webbots and fake emails.)

The core of this forum is the stark gaming group.  When I made the forum to support our gaming I setup it up so it could be used by anyone in the area for making contact.   Meetup.com charges and most of the other places don't get enough traffic to get people using them.

This forum doesn't have the traffic to support real meetups yet but it never will unless people sign up and check back.  I don't want commercial posts (I don't want to be meetup.com) and try to be fairly liberal about what is allowed.  I just want the public content on here to be 'PG-13' and no spam.  Any table top gaming is on topic.  I'd probably tolerate CCG or LARP people if the point of their presence was making local gaming contacts.

So, there are 6 people who are on here all the time and another 10 or so who check periodically and another 15 or so who posted a few times and haven't come back much.  At least that's how I count it.   If you do find or form a group come back and keep us up to date.  I can even make space for you to post logs or whatever.

The stark group uses this forum heavily.  If you include all those posts, many which are hidden, we've had about 1500 posts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print