Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new to NOLA looking for group (Read 611 times)
TheHordePrince
Townfolk

orcs is best

Metairie, LA
new to NOLA looking for group
Apr 24th, 2008 at 12:39am

Hey all Ive been in NOLA less than a year and am looking for a group to play 4th edition with in the metairie/NOLA/westbank area.  Im willing to go a bit further than that but Im not trying to get lost in Baton Rouge, haha. 

Im 24, in the military, and I have a lot of other interests but D&D is a passion of mine and Im looking to get back into gaming.  Im real open minded but I wanna meet the people Id game with first just to make sure chemistry is good. 

I played 2nd ed AD&D, 3.0, but never got to actually play 3.5 for various reasons.  Im really looking forward to 4th.  Im into serious roleplaying, not as much giggling and pop-culture references as some of my high school groups got into, but Im also not looking to method-act or do any LARPs type stuff.  If anyone's interested please reply, looking forward to meeting some cool people who share my nerdy passion!

IP Logged

SombreNote DM
Stark DM
ShadowRun B
Kallistier
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
WhatNot
Enlightened
Esplanade

The DM

Ann Arbor, MI
Re: new to NOLA looking for group
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 1:46am

Hmm 4th edition is a tall order. I am very interested in it to, but at the moment I am dming a 3.5 homebrew. I am going to get the books when they come out, and study them, but at the moment the jury is out one it being an improvement.

Some have talked about it here:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I have doubts as to the objectionably and truthfulness of some of the statements, but I think it does a good job detailing different perspectives. Feel free to post if you have different ideas.

As of now it is to early for 4.0 games for anyone who is not a game tester or at a Con.

IP Logged

TheHordePrince
Townfolk

orcs is best

Metairie, LA
Re: new to NOLA looking for group
Reply #2 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 2:02am

haha, well I know the books arent exactly growing on trees.  If theres anyone that has an opeing in a 3.5 game Im definitely down, just let me know

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print