Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: Looking for D & D 3.5 (Read 1179 times)
Rake Fletcher
Townfolk

I Love YaBB 2!

New Orleans
Re: Looking for D & D 3.5
Apr 17th, 2008 at 10:59pm

I am looking for A D&D Group to join. I am looking for younger/Teenagers to play with. This seems to be a difficult age group to find. I would appreciate any reply from the New Orleans area.
Thanks  Grin

IP Logged

Admin account
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

maintenance account
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 11:35pm

I split this because its a new request to find other people and its sure to create an independent discussion.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #2 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 11:42pm

Yeah, that's a toughy.  We have a lot of members that act younger than they are, but most table top gamers are crusty old fogies.

I do know that one of our members runs a game with his two teenage kids.  I don't know how formal it is since they all live in the same house so it might not meet regularly enough to work for you.  I will point him at this thread and he will post if its an option.

The only other thing I can suggest is looking on myspace since thats where all you whipper snappers hang out on the web.  If you do find some people there come back and start a post about your group here.   It might get you more players and the whole point of this site is to see who's doing what and make it easy for people to find games.

Also, it might help to post more detail and a little info about you.  I assume you at a teenager and are looking for people of like age.   Are you just looking for D&D or would GURPS or any system do?  You looking for a hack and slash or something more cerebral?

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2008 at 1:44am

yeah... me   Shocked

IP Logged

Kev
Esplanade
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
MGG
Stark II PC
WhatNot
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Rune Bound
Kallisti GM

Metairie, LA
Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2008 at 2:57am

I am currently working on a GURPS dungeon crawl style game for my kids (12 and 15), and possibly moving to story driven games after they get some experience with gaming.  They are new to RPing so I am planning on keeping it pretty basic to start with.  If you're interested we can do a meet-up with you and your parents.  We live in Metairie and wll most likely play Sunday afternoons for a few hours every week.

IP Logged

Rake Fletcher
Townfolk

I Love YaBB 2!

New Orleans
Reply #5 - Apr 19th, 2008 at 4:23pm

Loslagost

I am the mom of Rake Fletcher, and we are looking for a game with other like-age teens; he is almost 15, 11th grader.  He is new to   D & D, and is very excited to get involved in an on-going group.  If there is a possibility of his joining with your sons, please contact us.  We live on the Westbank, so Met. is no problem for us.  Since he just joined this site, we have not found how to leave contact info., so we will have to depend on your contacting us through his email.  Thanks.

And, to the Adults on this site.  Thank you for showing patience with the younger members as they search for games to join with their peers.

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #6 - Apr 19th, 2008 at 4:32pm

There is a message feature on the forum that allows two members to send to each other without the whole communitity seeing it.  I will send you a message in a minute just so you can see how it works.  But look at the top of the screen.  You get to your messages by clicking on the word messages in that top line up there that tells you how many messages you have.

IP Logged

Kev
Esplanade
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
MGG
Stark II PC
WhatNot
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Rune Bound
Kallisti GM

Metairie, LA
Reply #7 - Apr 19th, 2008 at 6:20pm

Check your messages at the top of the screen Rake.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print