Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
gamer in metairie looking to game (Read 2518 times)
david
Stark II PC
Kallistier
WhatNot

one bad dude, not two

harahan, la
gamer in metairie looking to game
Mar 22nd, 2008 at 11:24pm

i'm a 25 year-old male, married, have a month-old baby, and work 7-5 monday-friday. typical family life like that isn't easy to game around sometimes, but i'm itching to roll some dice. i'd prefer a game weekly or bi-weekly, perhaps friday evening or on saturday at any time, and am willing to travel a bit to game. i don't smoke cigarettes, and am not an alcoholic though i do drink on occasion.

i started playing in first edition d&d, moved to second and skills& powers, then 3rd, and now am at 3.5, waiting for the release of fourth edition. i haven't gamed table top in some time, other than the yearly meetings with my brothers during holidays when we might get in a few days' time in long sessions. i just want to game regularly, maybe a few hours a week, to keep the hopes that my books won't become obsolete. i have many books hard-copy, and many more PDF. i'm ready to rock, and want to play before i DM, but would be willing after getting to know other folks that might play. open to about anything from forgotten realms and eberron to random made-up stuff. if anyone runs ravenloft, i'd definitely be amped to play that. i've also played 2nd edition vampire: the masquerade, WEG star wars, d20 star wars and d20 modern (both of which i would still play, if given the opportunity), and a few different things palladium. i played magic: the gathering from 4th edition to tenth edition before selling my cards when it got too expensive and i didn't play regularly anyhow. well, that's enough rambling on gaming history.

drop a line for more info on me, or to give me info, and we'll see what can happen: lechgame@yahoo.com

WWW woody_two_soul lechgame  
IP Logged

SombreNote DM
Stark DM
ShadowRun B
Kallistier
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
WhatNot
Enlightened
Esplanade

The DM

Ann Arbor, MI
Re: gamer in metairie looking to game
Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2008 at 11:46pm

Have you taken a look at our game? You look like a good candidate to join us. We would have to meet you first.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Me and a few of the other players are meeting to night at a place (PMing you), if you would like to talk and get acquainted.

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #2 - Mar 23rd, 2008 at 4:55am

On paper you look like a good match for our group.   (same as above one).  We game on Saturday night starting around 5:30 and are fairly gung ho about meeting.  Its a serious role playing game.   We play 3.5 with some House rule modifications you can read in the Stark game area.

We like to meet new additions to the group in person to go over the game style and ensure there is a social compatability.  And regardless, any new members need to meet with the DM to make a character and some backhistory before you join. 

I might be able to do lunch during the week but the DM is generally available in the evenings.  If you are interested let us know if you can meet during the week this week.

IP Logged

david
Stark II PC
Kallistier
WhatNot

one bad dude, not two

harahan, la
Reply #3 - Mar 23rd, 2008 at 1:22pm

after reading some posts, i think i spoke with reino via email last summer, but i was unable at the time to join. i met a guy whose name i cannot recall, but he went by the pseudonym k'hare, through meetup.com or some such, and spoke with him. i can't do lunch, as i only get a short lunch break at my simple man's manufacturing job, but i could possibly meet in the evening if i have a day or two awareness before hand (we only have one vehicle for the next couple months and try to plan who has it when). i'm heading out of town thursday and returning sunday, so if we can't meet mon, tue, or wed, then it'll have to be next week. but it sounds like a good plan to me. lets see if we can sort out some meeting details, and see if i can hack it with the group.

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #4 - Mar 23rd, 2008 at 3:51pm

That would be me.  We met at the Slidell meetup that doesn't happen anymore.  I guess you finally moved to metairie.

Talk to reino and pick a night to go meet with him and I will stop by.

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #5 - Mar 27th, 2008 at 7:05am

Did you ever meet up with Reino?

IP Logged

david
Stark II PC
Kallistier
WhatNot

one bad dude, not two

harahan, la
Reply #6 - Mar 27th, 2008 at 11:24am

not yet. i'm going out of town this afternoon after work and won't return until sunday evening, and never got around to scheduling a meeting for the past few days. i'm figuring i'll get in touch with him next week, as i'll be in town and all and should have no hold ups that i know of. i wish i could say i've just been lazy, but really i've been busy with other stuff. new babies are tough to plan around on short notice traveling situations, it seems. as well as simple meals and such. but the official wife knows of my intent to game and is willing to tough it out on saturdays while i'm "smashing orcs" or whatever gaming entails, as she says. so next week i should be ready to rock as of monday morning at 5 am. well, after work i guess, but that's when my week will begin. want more rambling? well, i'll hit the coffee instead. mmm...coffee...

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #7 - Mar 27th, 2008 at 3:58pm

david wrote on Mar 27th, 2008 at 11:24am:
... but the official wife ...

As opposed to the unofficial one?

IP Logged

SombreNote DM
Stark DM
ShadowRun B
Kallistier
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
WhatNot
Enlightened
Esplanade

The DM

Ann Arbor, MI
Reply #8 - Mar 27th, 2008 at 10:36pm

Quote:
Quote from lechgame on Today at 5:24am:
... but the official wife ...

As opposed to the unofficial one?

Be careful how deep you dig, it might be your last.. erm.. time digging. haha

IP Logged

dahlia
StarkQueen
Stark player
Stark II PC
Kallistier
WhatNot
oldEsplanade

I Love YaBB 2!

new orleans
Reply #9 - Mar 27th, 2008 at 11:02pm

what's all this going on here? fresh meat?

Looks like he can take the pressure - must be able to talk for hours about top 7 favorite sci-fi programs.

suffrayver  
IP Logged

Kev
Esplanade
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
MGG
Stark II PC
WhatNot
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Rune Bound
Kallisti GM

Metairie, LA
Reply #10 - Mar 29th, 2008 at 1:58am

dahlia wrote on Mar 27th, 2008 at 11:02pm:
what's all this going on here? fresh meat?

Looks like he can take the pressure - must be able to talk for hours about top 7 favorite sci-fi programs.

Gee, that sounds familiar.

IP Logged

SombreNote DM
Stark DM
ShadowRun B
Kallistier
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
WhatNot
Enlightened
Esplanade

The DM

Ann Arbor, MI
Reply #11 - Mar 29th, 2008 at 10:05pm

I am going to meet with the new player this Monday around 7 pm. If anyone else would like to stop by and meet him, come on by.

IP Logged

Kev
Esplanade
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
MGG
Stark II PC
WhatNot
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Rune Bound
Kallisti GM

Metairie, LA
Reply #12 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 12:52am

I gotta head to Biloxi on Monday for a bugged computer.  Not sure what time I'll be back in town.

IP Logged

david
Stark II PC
Kallistier
WhatNot

one bad dude, not two

harahan, la
Reply #13 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 12:52am

yes, the official wife is cool with things. i mean official as in she isn't a cheap wal-mart brand sam's choice wife. i paid good money, and apparently keep paying good money, and enjoy the satisfaction of a choice label. i feel ripped off sometimes nonetheless, but at least she isn't an off-brand. as for unofficial wives, implying more wives, well, i keep my options open, but only for brand-name wives. i hear HP makes a good one, and mr. coffee brand wives make great coffee every morning. i guess i could just buy a hamster and name it "wife," but that might be weird.

IP Logged

Guardian
Townfolk

Metairie La
Reply #14 - May 15th, 2008 at 12:44am

How many players are you looking for i have been looking for game also and am willing to play anytime.  I have been playing for about 4 years now and just moved to Metairie also.  I still play with a game once a month with a group in my home town.  I am 26 years old and have been looking for a weekly game to join.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print