Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
El Chupanebre (Read 239 times)
Bayou Halfling
Adventurer

There be dragons here...

Baton Rouge, LA
El Chupanebre
Dec 30th, 2007 at 6:08am

I was watching the Futurama marathon -- specifically, the episode where Nibbler gets flushed down the toilet.  Once the characters get to the sewer to rescue him, they encounter the sewer monster "El Chupanebre".  I wondered about the meaning or origin of this made-up word, so I Googled "Chupanebre".  Lots of references, but no definition, or even speculation of definition.

"El Chupacabre" of course, means "goat sucker", with "chupa" as "sucker".  So then I decided to research the word "nebre" to discover what was being sucked this time, LOL.  Turns out "Nebre" is an Egyptian pharaoh's name.  This pharaoh started the Cult of the Holy Goat of Mendes.

This cult should be well known to Christians or Witches.  Mendes is the forebear of Baphomet, better known as Satan, or the Devil.  That's right, El Chupanebre is the "Devil Sucker".

Those Futurama writers are darn clever!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print