Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Froggy need help (Read 1034 times)
Froggy
Townfolk

Paris (France)
Froggy need help
Aug 27th, 2017 at 4:15pm

Hello everybody,

I am French (Paris) so sorry for my English.

I am preparing a big contemporary campaign (setting : FBI members in January – February 2017 - True Detective S01 style) with an important part going on in Nola.
I have read CoC New Orleans Guidebook, NOLA World of Darkness rpg, Hoodoo Blues rpg but I don’t found exactly what I want.
I have never visited Big Easy and I would like some informations to be more credible in my descriptions.
I've been looking for a lot of tourist sites too but I would like your informations as a rpg players living at NOLA.

So By the Garry’s Great Dices, I therefore invoke the Sacred spirit of the rpg and the solidarity of its gamers !  Smiley

If you have the kindness to give me info, it would be very cool on your part.

1) I use this map:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Can you give me an opinion on these areas, what is there, what type of population, standard of living, cool stuff and, of course, dangers and all things I can add for rpg.
In short all, the information necessary for a gamemaster when  PCs’s will go to these areas. I do not need 200,000 words each time. Just few keywords to know and understand the atmosphere will be great.

2) What is the NOLA situation since Katrina? Is everything rebuilt ? Do you still have many devastated areas ? What the majors evolutions for you ?

3) It is often said that NOLA's police are corrupt and racist. What are your impressions of the subject? I do not want to make a polemic on the subject. But when you live far from a city, you often have false ideas. For example, Paris is not a battlefield  with ISIS terrorists on each corners and we live quite normally. Do not believe FoxNews!  Wink

4) Same for gangs, drugs and violence in NOLA. If you have gang names and more generally information about criminal activities in NOLA... Don't want murder ratio but your ideas as true people and rpg masters and players who begin an adventure here.

5) my campagne happens during January-February 2017 : You talked about what to Nola at this time ? facts, events, in short the morning news ...

6) My PCs are FBI agents. If I have found a lot of things at the national level, I have nothing at NOLA level (except the address and name of the director). Do you know where I can find information about the local office, its structure, composition and what it usually works on.

7) Much of my story is going to happen in the 3rd NOPD District.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Can you give me more detailled informations  about this district (population, etc...) ? Same thing concerning NOPD 3rd district and the criminality.

Well, that's all for the moment...
Thank you by advance for your answers and Lâchez pas la patateCheesy

Lâches pas la patate !

IP Logged

Admin account
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

maintenance account
Re: Froggy need help
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 3:07pm

This forum was used by my group right after Katrina and I made some public areas for the general public.    It served its purpose but now gaming stores have opened and are a better place to find active gamers.   

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print